Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Price Rise

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Price Rise
Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2020, 02:18   #1
copernob
cf.addict

copernob is an unknown quantity at this point
Price Rise

I see we got another Price rise in November 2020 of £2:99p. We not long had a darn price rise of around£3:50, that makes it twice in one year. Total £6:40p.
It is Scandalous. How do they get away with it ?

Are we paying for this 1GB we NOT got. I'm on 300MB so me thinks it time to drop to either 200mb or 100mb
I fed up of these price rises. Not worth going elsewhere as they all got Only around 32MB Down. I am on a deal so can they add this to my Contract deal. ??

Cheers n Beers. Stay Safe. FED UP.
Advertisement
Old 04-09-2020, 05:57   #2
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age
Re: Price Rise

Quote:
Originally Posted by copernob View Post
I see we got another Price rise in November 2020 of £2:99p. We not long had a darn price rise of around£3:50, that makes it twice in one year. Total £6:40p.

Are we paying for this 1GB we NOT got. I'm on 300MB so me thinks it time to drop to either 200mb or 100mb
I fed up of these price rises. Not worth going elsewhere as they all got Only around 32MB Down. I am on a deal so can they add this to my Contract deal. ??

I wonder, then, what all this was about. Apparently VM has recently promised no price rises this year, due to the extraordinary Covid-19 situation

https://broadbanddeals.co.uk/news/virgin-media-promise-no-broadband-price-hikes-in-2020/#:~:text=Frozen,other%20price%20rise%20in%202020.% E2%80%9D&text=That's%20why%20we%20aren't,year%20as %20we%20normally%20would.%E2%80%9DPerhaps

Perhaps the price freeze doesn't benefit everyone.

Last edited by roughbeast; 04-09-2020 at 06:02.
Old 04-09-2020, 07:58   #3
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:

Have they sent you a letter or something confirming the rise. I certainly have not been told my price is increasing ?

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Old 04-09-2020, 10:27   #4
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

I received an email last month stating that I wouldn't be seeing a price rise this year, though my bill would increase as existing discounts expired.

Copernob, does the increase relate to an add-on service or channel you subscribe to?
Old 04-09-2020, 10:30   #5
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

copernob: Do you have a discount that's coming to an end, maybe?
Old 04-09-2020, 14:03   #6
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

Regardless of what copernob tells us I wouldn't trust VM on their apparent price freeze. I suspect that all they have done is delay their regular October rise until January and then they will have next year's price rise as normal.
Old 07-09-2020, 01:23   #7
copernob
cf.addict

I had an email telling me. No Add ons, NO tv. Only 350 internet and phone that I seldom use. My contract ends March 2021. I had a deal at £43:00p. Then £47 from Fri 6th March 2020. But a few months ago they started billing me £50:50p adding the £3:50 rise to the Bill. From March 6th 2021 it goes to £57:00p. Was told other week it going up again by £2:99p. What are they playing at. In a email + letter I got this----Just keeping you in the loop-your contract with us ends soon (NO IT DON't). Like many of our customers, your contract with us will come to an end, and for you that will be on 5/9/2020. (NO IT DOES NOT) After that price will be £50:50..That means the ended my contract early to add that £3:50 rise.

---------- Post added at 00:23 ---------- Previous post was at 00:18 ----------

This is the Email I got----From 1st November,
your bill will be going up by £2.99 a month
Dear Dennis,
We know a price rise is never welcome news, but it means we can continue investing heavily to make sure we bring you more of the stuff you love, now and in the future. And of course, you'll still enjoy great extras in your package, like inclusive service and repairs.
Here's how you're getting
more from us
You're getting award-winning broadband reliability.
Our customers voted our Fibre broadband best for Reliability and Speed Satisfaction at the 2017 Broadband Genie Awards. And we'll be making even more upgrades to our network across the UK.
Old 08-09-2020, 18:41   #8
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I have just got a letter through saying there will be no price rise and my package price will remain unchanged for 2020.
Old 09-09-2020, 00:56   #9
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I have just got a letter through saying there will be no price rise and my package price will remain unchanged for 2020.
Not much of a promise as we're nearly three quarters through the year.
Old 09-09-2020, 08:15   #10
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

No letter here for ages, but regular emails offering more crap I don't want

Thinking of kicking it all into touch to be honest
Old 09-09-2020, 16:48   #11
copernob
cf.addict

SO Is someone at Virgin trying to Rip me Off. Or is what I said Genuine. I always thought they could NOT add on the price rise if one is already in a contract before it ends.
Old 09-09-2020, 17:32   #12
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
SO Is someone at Virgin trying to Rip me Off. Or is what I said Genuine. I always thought they could NOT add on the price rise if one is already in a contract before it ends.
I understood that VM can put up prices but that in doing so a customer has the right to cancell their contract without a penalty payment, 'disconnection fee', being imposed.

As far as I am aware our contracts are for the actual services we sign up for rather than a guaranteed fixed price for those services.

Quote:
Snipett ...... When you can cancel Virgin Media broadband and/or TV for free
A contract works both ways. If you think Virgin Media has a cheek charging you for every month of your contract whether you end it or not, just remember that Virgin Media has a host of obligations to you too. And it's when it breaks one of those obligations that you have the opportunity to cancel Virgin Media during your contract for free.

Here are the four scenarios when you could leave without paying.

During your free cancellation or 'cooling off' period – The law states that you have 14 days from and including the day your services are switched on to leave without any further charge. This is often referred to as a 'cooling off period'. The only thing you won't be compensated for will be any money you spent on pay-per-view TV. You can't sign up, watch the latest Tyson Fury fight, then cancel. Virgin Media will still charge you for what you watched

When your service is faulty and Virgin Media cannot fix it – This rarely happens, but if your Virgin Media services develop a fault (ultra-slow broadband, outages, TV interruptions and so on) and you have given Virgin Media four weeks to fix it and it has failed to do so, you can leave without charge

When you are getting broadband at a fraction of the speeds promised – Virgin Media will supply you with the average speed you should expect at your address when you sign up. If your speeds fall below the promised level then you may have grounds to leave without charge, provided Virgin Media cannot remedy the situation. Do remember, though, that when measuring your speed you must do so with a computer attached with a LAN cable to the router. Wifi cannot deliver the full speeds available on the Virgin Media network and should not be used if you wish to see what speed you're getting

When Virgin Media raises the price of your package – If Virgin Media hikes the price of your broadband during your contract period it has to send you a lett to inform you it is doing so. You can cancel free of charge within 30 days of receiving that letter
https://www.cable.co.uk/providers/gu...-virgin-media/

As far as the difference in your contract end dates only a phone call to VM could clear up that issue.
Old 11-09-2020, 16:58   #13
copernob
cf.addict

PLEASE Accept my APOLOGIES. That rise of £2:99p is Wrong LOL I looked again and found it is from 2017...I thought I had deleted ALL Old mail but that one is still there. Only rise this year is the £3:50. Still Robbery for phone and 350mb.

THANK YOU joglynne for the Explanations. Appreciated..My problem at moment is I can't contact anyone in UK at moment for some reason. I guess I'll have to be a bit more patient
Old 11-09-2020, 17:02   #14
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

So, no scandal. Just failure to understand before complaining wrongly.
Old 11-09-2020, 22:12   #15
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
So, no scandal. Just failure to understand before complaining wrongly.
People make mistakes, no need for the attitude, he admitted the error.

Baby, I was born this way.
Closed Thread