Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)
Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2018, 14:34   #2356
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
It's not a lot, Spider. 75 hours equates to just over four series of 16 programmes each.

If they expected us to record so little, why did they increase the number of tuners on the V6?

---------- Post added at 13:57 ---------- Previous post was at 13:55 ----------

I do hope that things will improve longer term, but we are talking about the here and now. What are we supposed to do in the meantime? Such limited ability to record is counter to the way the Tivo and V6 have been promoted.

---------- Post added at 14:00 ---------- Previous post was at 13:57 ----------

I had about 50, mostly 4-hour tapes, and it was never enough.

I've got it about right now with two V6s and a video recorder which can record up to 500 hours in HD. With the additional 240 hours of HD recordings on the V6s, that just about satisfies my requirements.
Wow, OB, that is some serious recording going on.

Is that all new programmes that you record? Any of these available on-demand you can access to help take pressure of your V6s?
Advertisement
Old 08-10-2018, 15:36   #2357
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post

Is that all new programmes that you record? Any of these available on-demand you can access to help take pressure of your V6s?
We don't watch live TV at all. Our viewing is a combination of recordings and on demand. Unfortunately, rather too much on demand stuff is time restricted, so I have to record a bit more than I would like, otherwise I lose the opportunity to watch it.
Old 08-10-2018, 15:54   #2358
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
We don't watch live TV at all. Our viewing is a combination of recordings and on demand. Unfortunately, rather too much on demand stuff is time restricted, so I have to record a bit more than I would like, otherwise I lose the opportunity to watch it.
Same here, the only thing I watch live on TV is the football/boxing.
Old 08-10-2018, 18:45   #2359
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post

Not really - went away for a week, needed to record around 15 football matches, 12 rugby union games, 3 rugby league games to start with.

As was previously said if we aren't meant to record much why give us 6 tuners per box for recording?
Old 08-10-2018, 19:10   #2360
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Digital Spy Forum is reporting that Cartoon Network, Cartoonio, Nickelodeon, Nick Junior, Nick Junior Too, Nicktoons, Boomerang and Zoo Moo HD has all been made available at no extra cost until October 31st to customers who don't normally receive them.

Sources: Digital Spy Forum and RichardCoulter.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 08-10-2018, 20:25   #2361
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Digital Spy Forum is reporting that Cartoon Network, Cartoonio, Nickelodeon, Nick Junior, Nick Junior Too, Nicktoons, Boomerang and Zoo Moo HD has all been made available at no extra cost until October 31st to customers who don't normally receive them.

Sources: Digital Spy Forum and RichardCoulter.
Wonder if virgin will pull the same trick they did with premier sports and offer a free upgrade which then turns to pay at the end of October despite no mention of this or time limitation on their website?
Old 08-10-2018, 20:43   #2362
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Wonder if virgin will pull the same trick they did with premier sports and offer a free upgrade which then turns to pay at the end of October despite no mention of this or time limitation on their website?
https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/fre...-media-3070761

It seems they’ve sent out emails to customers informing them it’s for the month.

I would hardly describe a promotion as a trick.
Old 08-10-2018, 22:57   #2363
Rob King
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media Ultimate Package with M600 Broadband , 360 Box owner , Volt Mobile, + Virgin Home Phon
Rob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enoughRob King will become famous soon enough

I pay £79. 63 a month have full house, 200 mb and sky movies I rang customer service to get the Vip for 79.00 they says nope its only available for new customers just read there's a flash sale on as I'm out of contract on 4th Oct let's see if I can get this new contract and new deal

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style...inst-Sky-deals
Old 09-10-2018, 12:01   #2364
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Can I remind everyone that there are other threads that address renewal and upgrades and retentions. This is not the thread
Old 11-10-2018, 16:36   #2365
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Sky Cinema will rebrand Sky Cinema Sci-Fi and Horror as Sky Cinema Halloween from October 13th.

---------- Post added at 16:36 ---------- Previous post was at 16:02 ----------

BBC Scotland reveal more BBC Scotland information.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-45812552
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 11-10-2018, 21:55   #2366
Frazz
cf.addict

Services: 2 x tivo TV XL with movie and sport 500Mb broadband phone talk anytime Unlimited mobile phone sim
Frazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Sky Cinema will rebrand Sky Cinema Sci-Fi and Horror as Sky Cinema Halloween from October 13th.

Looks like it will be rubbish,

Won't affect me as I won't be watching
Old 11-10-2018, 23:24   #2367
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:

BBC Scotland is utter dross!
Old 12-10-2018, 08:41   #2368
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Sky sports and sky cinema UHD Is coming to virgin media

Oh sorry I was having a dream
Old 12-10-2018, 09:04   #2369
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Well at least you have Virgins new UHD channel so one must be grateful for small mercies.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:55   #2370
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
Sky sports and sky cinema UHD Is coming to virgin media

Oh sorry I was having a dream
Well, it is highly likely, but not until some time in 2019.
Closed Thread