Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.
Closed Thread

Old 15-08-2013, 12:08   #1336
Doug P
Inactive

Services: Virgin Cable TV (Tivo) and Freeview
Doug P has reached the bronze age
Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

Media Guardian report shows VM pretty chipper!!

Virgin Media already offers all Sky's sport channels, so following the BT deal has positioned itself as the "only place sports fans can enjoy every goal, try, penalty and heart-stopping sporting moment".

"Virgin Media homes are kicking-off the new season with the most complete sporting lineup around in one simple subscription, from Barclays Premier League football and Aviva Premiership rugby to F1, live golf and the culmination of a great Ashes series," said the Virgin Media chief operating officer, Dana Strong.
Advertisement
Old 15-08-2013, 12:09   #1337
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by BomberAF View Post
I told you so!!!!

And you all doubted me!!!

I was a bit after the date but I did say in XL!
I did doubt a part of what you said, but if you look at my posts, you will see that I've been quite positive about the BT Sport launch on Virgin. All the signs from the more credible sources have been pointing in that direction.

The main doubt for me was whether it would be on the XL pack. That was quite a coup for VM!

Thanks for the intel, anyway Bomber, you came through in the end!
Old 15-08-2013, 12:11   #1338
Doug P
Inactive

Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age

I was really really confident the moment someone posted that Reuters were reporting a deal.

Thoroughly reliable source and so that was when I thought we'd get the channels!
Old 15-08-2013, 12:14   #1339
martin201002
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD sports and movies HD, sky fibre pro, ps4 and xbox one.
martin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I told you so!!!!

You have returned then, How about a sky atlantic prediction then?
Old 15-08-2013, 12:15   #1340
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkesghost View Post
Well Done Stokesy for fronting up

Well done Den for keeping the cheer leading going.

Well done Howardmicks, who hinted that he knew the facts (turned out he did)

Well done Virgin, best ever, excellent
Now the deal has been signed can people now admit what they knew and what they didnt know about the deal i.e when they found out, how it was done etc

i admit i knew nothing
Old 15-08-2013, 12:19   #1341
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

You know what they say it comes to he who waits. A big well done to Virginmedia for getting a great deal for its sport loving customers.
Congratulations to Bomber af who called it all along.
Old 15-08-2013, 12:20   #1342
Doug P
Inactive

I knew nothing I am not from Barcelona....but I didn't say I did know anything!
Old 15-08-2013, 12:21   #1343
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
I told you so!!!!

BOMBERAF!

could this day get any better now. hahaha what an incredible day this truly is. what a turn around. what a chain of events. what a rollercoaster.

BOMBERAF!
Old 15-08-2013, 12:24   #1344
Mr Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Now the deal has been signed can people now admit what they knew and what they didnt know about the deal i.e when they found out, how it was done etc

i admit i knew nothing
Got a few messages from investment companies saying it may be worth taking a punt on LGI as their view was that VM/LGI were pushing to get BT sports into XL. Obviously they have no more insider knowledge than anyone else but they do tend to be right on many occasions.

Old 15-08-2013, 12:24   #1345
scouser102002
Inactive

scouser102002 is an unknown quantity at this point

I really didn't think in a million years we would get it on XL.

Virgin have played a blinder here, you have to say
Old 15-08-2013, 12:26   #1346
Doug P
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by scouser102002 View Post
I really didn't think in a million years we would get it on XL.

Virgin have played a blinder here, you have to say
Agreed Scouser... Superb VM, quite superb!
Old 15-08-2013, 12:27   #1347
saabmania2

Services: VIP Pack
saabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond reputesaabmania2 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to saabmania2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug P View Post
I was really really confident the moment someone posted that Reuters were reporting a deal.

Thoroughly reliable source and so that was when I thought we'd get the channels!
Errrm think that was me but Routers are usually very accurate
Old 15-08-2013, 12:28   #1348
Doug P
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabmania2 View Post
Errrm think that was me but Routers are usually very accurate
Sorry couldn't credit you as couldn't find the post, but that was the one that convinced me they would come and it was just a question of when.
Old 15-08-2013, 12:28   #1349
Jameseh

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
BOMBERAF!

could this day get any better now. hahaha what an incredible day this truly is. what a turn around. what a chain of events. what a rollercoaster.

BOMBERAF!
Fail to see how this has anything to do with Bomber, he said BT & Atlantic would be here 10 days ago.

Saying BT would come wasn't exactly a out of this world prediction, it was reasonably likely.

Old 15-08-2013, 12:31   #1350
ocav
Inactive

ocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant future

BomberAF still has to prove us right on the Atlantic part though...
Closed Thread