Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.
Closed Thread

Old 16-08-2013, 17:45   #1636
ocav
Inactive

ocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant futureocav has a brilliant future
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
"unlimited"...you can download "unlimited".
Don't we get that anyway?
Advertisement
Old 16-08-2013, 17:47   #1637
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
And these prices for the EPL are only going to rise exponentially in the future.
Maybe they could launch an EPL channel and sell direct to all platforms . Then those who want EPL could pay, thus reducing the cost of watching all other sport.
Old 16-08-2013, 17:47   #1638
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocav View Post
Don't we get that anyway?
sorry, I was joking, I haven't the foggiest what he meant
Old 16-08-2013, 17:55   #1639
thegrid
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Big Kahuna with Sky Sports HD & Movies HD. 1TB TiVo, 2 X V+HD, 200MB Vivid Broadband
thegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
If it reassures you..I have ignored. And don't worry, it was easy to do
haha thanks. It's good to know somebody is up to speed
Old 16-08-2013, 18:02   #1640
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljay View Post
Just carried out a survey for Virginmedia through a company GFK Research. In it they ask you to select preferences on possible enhancments to Virginmedia offerings. Three were of interest.

1. They mention at the start a possible price increase of between £3 to £6

2. One of the selections mentions "now that Netflix is available on Tivo".

3. Another mentions "Unlimited downloads at no extra cost"

Make of those what you will!
From those 3 statements, I read them as looking like Netflix possibly coming for a price between £3-£6 with the ability to watch as many shows as you wish within whatever price VM and Netflix agree on.

Interesting times
Old 16-08-2013, 18:11   #1641
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by anap View Post
I'm getting VIP with an extra box for £106.49 (including line rental). I'm currently on XL TV, Phone and Broadband (60) with Sky S & M, TiVo (500GB), V+ & V boxes for £100.15. So for £6.34 more I'll get XXL Broadband (120), Sky S & M in HD and Talk Unlimited Extra. They'll swap the Superhub for Superhub2 and the 500GB Tivo for 1TB.
Sweet superhub 2 is awesome fitted it myself last Friday and instant difference in speed

---------- Post added at 18:11 ---------- Previous post was at 18:06 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch View Post
From those 3 statements, I read them as looking like Netflix possibly coming for a price between £3-£6 with the ability to watch as many shows as you wish within whatever price VM and Netflix agree on.

Interesting times
Indeed,but wonder what will happen if you already have Netflix.would you be able to link you acount to your TiVo box
Old 16-08-2013, 18:38   #1642
Derekb108
Wont Give into $ky!

Services: Virgin Media TV XL, 300mb Broadband.
Derekb108 will become famous soon enoughDerekb108 will become famous soon enoughDerekb108 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch View Post

Interesting times
Itl be a special offer to get many people signed up to watch it
Old 16-08-2013, 18:41   #1643
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Got talking about sky Atlantic on Facebook

Absolutely! Our new Liberty Global partnership is nothing but awesome for our customers. There's no plan to add Sky Atlantic yet, but who knows what's around the corner? James M

well if the rumours are true its around the corner(wink wink) curious thou as upc is part of the group and they have some hd channels we have not got,thought we would have automatically got them

Keep your eyes on page Howard. Those winks may well come to something at some point James M

Need I say anymore
Old 16-08-2013, 19:10   #1644
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks View Post
Got talking about sky Atlantic on Facebook

Absolutely! Our new Liberty Global partnership is nothing but awesome for our customers. There's no plan to add Sky Atlantic yet, but who knows what's around the corner? James M

well if the rumours are true its around the corner(wink wink) curious thou as upc is part of the group and they have some hd channels we have not got,thought we would have automatically got them

Keep your eyes on page Howard. Those winks may well come to something at some point James M

Need I say anymore
More happy days to come then Howard.
Old 16-08-2013, 19:16   #1645
eljay
Inactive

Services: Sky Q 2TB & 1 Mini Box, Box Sets, Sky Broadband Max and Sky Talk Anytime
eljay is a jewel in the rougheljay is a jewel in the rougheljay is a jewel in the rougheljay is a jewel in the rougheljay is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
sorry, I was joking, I haven't the foggiest what he meant
To be honest the survey itself is totally confusing. Basically they are asking that if VM put prices up by 3 to 6 quid would you consider leaving. If you say yes they ask that if they made enhancements would you reconsider. They then go through the enhancements five at a time and ask you mark one you would want that may make you reconsider leaving and one that wouldn't.

There are about 8 or 10 listed (can't remember exact number) and as you page through they basically mix them up and repeat the same question, this is repeated about eight times.

If that is not confusing enough at least three of them are already in existence such as savings by using paperless billing, savings by direct debit, already existing telephone options etc. The only easily recognisable new options are the addition of Netflix and adding of an iphone option to the mobile range.

As the enhancements cover all four services it is difficult to narrow down options like the unlimited downloads as there is no reference point and as with billing and telephone options could be just a repeat of the already BB "UNLIMITED" service.

If anyone else has done it maybe they can make sense of it as I certainly cannot.
Old 16-08-2013, 19:22   #1646
howardmicks
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
More happy days to come then Howard.
I know(whoops)/think so bud
Old 16-08-2013, 20:30   #1647
thegrid
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Big Kahuna with Sky Sports HD & Movies HD. 1TB TiVo, 2 X V+HD, 200MB Vivid Broadband
thegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of lightthegrid is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I know(whoops)/think so bud
So, what do you reckon may (and I use the word may loosely) be coming?
Old 16-08-2013, 20:50   #1648
howardmicks
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrid View Post
So, what do you reckon may (and I use the word may loosely) be coming?
I would suspect the hd channels that UPC have that we ain't got bomberaf as already mentioned a date regarding sky Atlantic but from info I luckily obtained I was told it was planned(not confirmed) for autumn it really is a case of wait and see clearly there is more coming.one thing else I did find out was that the android TiVo app could be out at the end of the month(again not confirmed) but i am sure mb will find out more info on that nearer the time
Old 16-08-2013, 21:07   #1649
thegrid
Inactive

Quote:
I would suspect the hd channels that UPC have that we ain't got bomberaf as already mentioned a date regarding sky Atlantic but from info I luckily obtained I was told it was planned(not confirmed) for autumn it really is a case of wait and see clearly there is more coming.one thing else I did find out was that the android TiVo app could be out at the end of the month(again not confirmed) but i am sure mb will find out more info on that nearer the time
Oh right, that is good news if it all goes to plan. as I don't have an iPhone, the android version we be good and probably more powerful. it'll look great on my note 2. Big screen
Old 16-08-2013, 21:20   #1650
howardmicks
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrid View Post
Oh right, that is good news if it all goes to plan. as I don't have an iPhone, the android version we be good and probably more powerful. it'll look great on my note 2. Big screen
without a doubt bud,good on the ipad and more now that bt sports 1+2 can be streamed from it also.it starting to look like when new channels start or contracts are re-newed that the are trying to get streaming included pity they couldnt do the sme for tivo-tivo
Closed Thread