Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Old 06-02-2013, 14:10   #6091
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
Just become a paid up member of UKIP time to actually do something instead of sitting on my backside typing about getting out of the EU
Good for you tiz.
Old 06-02-2013, 16:30   #6092
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

looks like I might just get to walk the dog without rain , snow or a gales blowing in my face. Perhaps stop off at Rugby club if its that calm tonight. Now that to me is a happy thought .
Old 06-02-2013, 16:40   #6093
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
looks like I might just get to walk the dog without rain , snow or a gales blowing in my face. Perhaps stop off at Rugby club if its that calm tonight. Now that to me is a happy thought .
When you say stop off at Rugby club you mean nip into the bar for a quick one l would imagine.
Old 06-02-2013, 21:58   #6094
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Got a table at Michael Jordan's Steak House Grand Central Station tonight - result!

Fillet Mignon may be consumed.....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 22:08   #6095
Will21st
Inactive

Services: XL Tv,100MB,M Phone.
Will21st has reached the bronze age
Will21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Got a table at Michael Jordan's Steak House Grand Central Station tonight - result!

I went to Spark's when I was in NYC in the summer... had a Steak for $48 but man was it worth it!

Enjoy NYC!
Will21st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 23:03   #6096
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post

HHmmmm.... NYC.... I may need to arrange a work trip out there soon....

I love being able to walk into any bar and get decent food
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 00:57   #6097
Will21st
Inactive

Services: XL Tv,100MB,M Phone.
Will21st has reached the bronze age
Will21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey View Post
HHmmmm.... NYC.... I may need to arrange a work trip out there soon....

I love being able to walk into any bar and get decent food
Yup,I also felt the quality of food was very high in NYC.... love the place.
Will21st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:15   #6098
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
When you say stop off at Rugby club you mean nip into the bar for a quick one l would imagine.
It was not one & it was not quick

Got tickets for the French game on Saturday . So off to Paris for 24 hours or so. This is so going to cost me
Old 07-02-2013, 10:41   #6099
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
It was not one & it was not quick

Got tickets for the French game on Saturday . So off to Paris for 24 hours or so. This is so going to cost me
Well what if you had a tipple or two in the end dear chap as it was certainly well worth it in the end with a trip to the lovely city of Paris and you can even stop off to purchase some Haute couture for your wife on the way.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:02   #6100
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 View Post
I went for my medication review at the GP's this morning - I got one of my pills taken off down to 15 a day

Then he told me I need two new ones - so it's up to 17 and 5 injections a day.

On the plus side my blood pressure was normal which was great
Normal until Natalie comes by eh??.... *

Sorry to hear about the meds though. Our youngest is on 3 different ones for his epilepsy and they're still not controlling his fits. Looks like he's going to need another change.

* offered in the 'happy' spirit of the thread

---------- Post added at 11:02 ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 ----------

Anyway our happy thought of the day came yesterday when Osem snr. managed to get his first match report published on an internet site. Entirely by his own efforts, the lad's made good contacts with our local 'Conference League' team for whom he writes regularly in the match programme. More recently he's got the attention of the website owners and represented the site at the match earlier in the week. Evidently, he sat in the press box and wrote his notes then came home and worked on it until midnight before emailing his final report. I must say what I read was much better than I'd thought it'd be. There were one or two things I'd have changed of course and a couple of minor mistakes but, all in all, it was very good. He even tells me some live commentary work may be coming his way soon! So it looks like we now have a budding karate club sensei and sports journalist on our hands. Who'd have thought?...
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 13:22   #6101
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Well what if you had a tipple or two in the end dear chap as it was certainly well worth it in the end with a trip to the lovely city of Paris and you can even stop off to purchase some Haute couture for your wife on the way.
She is the reason it will cost me. Any one for some horse steak

Just booked Le shuttle £364.25p on its own ( caused by taking the dog ) Normally we fly. Glad we are staying with friends. Taking the wife's tank for the space in the back. That wont be cheap either. Yes she(The dog) is all papered up. Wondering about changing cars once across to get left hand drive & french number plate. Driving in Paris
Old 07-02-2013, 13:32   #6102
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Any one for some horse steak
Old 07-02-2013, 18:12   #6103
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 View Post
I went for my medication review at the GP's this morning - I got one of my pills taken off down to 15 a day

Then he told me I need two new ones - so it's up to 17 and 5 injections a day.

On the plus side my blood pressure was normal which was great
That is some amount of pills. How do you manage to remember?

---------- Post added at 18:12 ---------- Previous post was at 18:10 ----------

My happy thought. We had a great time at a concert in Liverpool on Tuesday night. Great singer Dale Watson from Texas. WE stayed at a Premier Inn & came home Wednesday. Brilliant.
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 18:48   #6104
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Normal until Natalie comes by eh??.... *
Why do you think I'm on so many pills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Sorry to hear about the meds though. Our youngest is on 3 different ones for his epilepsy and they're still not controlling his fits. Looks like he's going to need another change.

* offered in the 'happy' spirit of the thread

---------- Post added at 11:02 ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 ----------

Anyway our happy thought of the day came yesterday when Osem snr. managed to get his first match report published on an internet site. Entirely by his own efforts, the lad's made good contacts with our local 'Conference League' team for whom he writes regularly in the match programme. More recently he's got the attention of the website owners and represented the site at the match earlier in the week. Evidently, he sat in the press box and wrote his notes then came home and worked on it until midnight before emailing his final report. I must say what I read was much better than I'd thought it'd be. There were one or two things I'd have changed of course and a couple of minor mistakes but, all in all, it was very good. He even tells me some live commentary work may be coming his way soon! So it looks like we now have a budding karate club sensei and sports journalist on our hands. Who'd have thought?...
That's some good stuff

---------- Post added at 18:48 ---------- Previous post was at 18:47 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
That is some amount of pills. How do you manage to remember? .
My phone tells me when and what to take

---------- Post added at 18:12 ---------- Previous post was at 18:10 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
My happy thought. We had a great time at a concert in Liverpool on Tuesday night. Great singer Dale Watson from Texas. WE stayed at a Premier Inn & came home Wednesday. Brilliant.
Sounds like fun
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 19:39   #6105
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Got home from work to find 3 letters from HM Revenue & Customs

Received a cheque for £87 for a tax rebate, now do I liquidise the cash