Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Films to see in 2020 / 2021

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Films to see in 2020 / 2021
Closed Thread

Old 27-07-2020, 19:56   #151
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Films to see in 2020 / 2021

Tenet will open internationally before the US.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/27/m...ase/index.html

Quote:
Overseas audiences will have a chance to uncover the mysteries of "Tenet" before moviegoers in the United States.

The new thriller from director Christopher Nolan will open internationally on August 26, Warner Bros. said on Monday. The film will then be released a week later in the United States for the Labor Day weekend opening on September 3.

"Tenet," which has been delayed multiple times because of coronavirus, will open in 70 countries starting on August 26. Some of the major countries include Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan and the United Kingdom.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Advertisement
Old 27-07-2020, 20:20   #152
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Great news. It is one of my top films to see this year.
Old 05-08-2020, 06:46   #153
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Mulan going straight to Disney+.

https://screencrush.com/mulan-disney...etter_21107530

Quote:
In this case, the observers were wrong, as Disney announced today that the film would premiere on Disney+ on September 4 the same day it opens in theaters — in markets where theaters are open for business.

Quote:
In a first for Disney+, though, Mulan will not be available to subscribers as part of the service’s regular programming; instead it will cost an additional $29.99 to watch the film. (According to reports, once customers pay to watch Mulan they will have “access to the film for as long as they remain subscribers to the service.”) One can assume that at some later date, the film will be made available as part of the Disney+ monthly subscription fee, but Disney offered no timeline for that.)

Last edited by denphone; 05-08-2020 at 06:49.
Old 05-08-2020, 10:38   #154
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

that's really funny. I was talking to somebody at work yesterday about this year's releases and the constant put backs and delays. I said I don't understand why Disney don't put Mulan on Disney+ because it would be fantastic publicity for the service and compliment Star Wars/The Mandarlorian and the MCU with an injection ongoing high quality content.
Old 12-08-2020, 19:51   #155
General Maximus
Ran Away

I know Odeon started opening some of the cinemas at the beginning of July. The majority of them were supposed to open over a two week period with all cinemas open by the end of July. They had a change of heart and this didn't happen. I suspect it was due to Tenet and Mulan etc being further delayed. I have just checked my cinema and it is reopening on Wednesday 26th July for Tenet's release and I imagine the rest of them will be as well. Tickets are already up for advanced booking and they are going nicely

I have found a list of which cinema are currently open and when the ones which are currently closed are planning to reopen if you need to check:

https://help.odeon.co.uk/hc/en-gb/ar...Closed-Cinemas

Last edited by General Maximus; 12-08-2020 at 19:58.
Old 13-08-2020, 00:45   #156
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Films to see in 2020 / 2021
None, they all got cancelled

Baby, I was born this way.
Old 18-08-2020, 23:19   #157
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

New Mutants release date is August 28th for those interested.

Last edited by General Maximus; 19-08-2020 at 09:33. Reason: corrected typo :)
Old 18-08-2020, 23:36   #158
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
New Mutants release date is August 28th or those interested.
I only updated the list a few hours ago and it was down for 4th September
Old 18-08-2020, 23:47   #159
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
Maisie Williams has posted otherwise on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/Maisie_Williams/...30794372550656
Old 19-08-2020, 00:02   #160
General Maximus
Ran Away

Nice. I love her, it is a shame the film looks so bad.
Old 19-08-2020, 01:10   #161
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
New Mutants release date is August 28th or those interested.
Yeah, the trailers did nothing for me, I wont be rushing out to see it, even if it were 'normal' times.

Baby, I was born this way.
Old 19-08-2020, 01:19   #162
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Yeah, the trailers did nothing for me, I wont be rushing out to see it, even if it were 'normal' times.
My post was meant to read "For those interested". I'm not either but hey ho some will be.

---------- Post added at 00:19 ---------- Previous post was at 00:15 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I note you still haven't changed the date. Or is it Bristol based Maisie is using US relese dates? IDK one way or the other. I could always ask her.
Old 19-08-2020, 09:36   #163
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
I note you still haven't changed the date. Or is it Bristol based Maisie is using US relese dates? IDK one way or the other. I could always ask her.
I was in bed on my phone and only edit stuff on my pc where I can use a mouse to scroll and highlight, cut and paste etc etc. I'll take a look at it when I have woken up but I thought the same, I suspect it is being released in the US a week prior to the UK.

Edit: Just had a look and it is mixed messages. Everywhere still says 4th September apart from the Radio Times but their article was written on 12th August so how could they know? I won't change the date for now and I'll keep my eyes on the Odeon website for an update. Bizarrely all the showing times are up for next week apart from Friday. As soon as they update Friday's showing times we'll know whether it is coming out or not.

As a side note, cinemas are reopening for Tenet's release next week and there are lots of other films to watch as well. When cinemas reopened I was hoping they would take advantage of the opportunity of not having any new films to watch to show some old blockbusters. They could keep themselves busy for months showing the Terminators, Aliens, MCU, Star Wars, Harry Potter, Jurassic Park, Independence Day.........all those huge blockbusters from the last 30 years or so. I don't know what the long term plan is but they are doing better than what was originally advertised (which was carp). There are many films to choose from atm but the highlights for me are Star Wars ep 5, Jurassic Park and Inception. I have booked my ticket for Tenet for next Wednesday and I am going to see Jurassic Park on Sunday. I can remember watching Jurassic Park when it was first released, it was made for the cinema and the experience is going to be amazing.

Last edited by General Maximus; 19-08-2020 at 09:52.
Old 20-08-2020, 21:09   #164
General Maximus
Ran Away

Old 22-08-2020, 10:29   #165
General Maximus
Ran Away

Closed Thread