Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What are you watching right now?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > General Entertainment

What are you watching right now?

Old 27-06-2020, 22:21   #1546
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: What are you watching right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
we shall agree to disagree because you and I are polar opposites. I think Dr Who is an absolute disgrace and should be banned from tv.
What all those classic old episodes with some of the best doctors in the series.
Old 27-06-2020, 22:32   #1547
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
we shall agree to disagree because you and I are polar opposites. I think Dr Who is an absolute disgrace and should be banned from tv.
Controversial ! But as I said, it's good to have a choice. DW attracts higher and wider audiences than 'pure evangelical scifi'. However, will seek out The Expanse and give it a go.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2020, 22:55   #1548
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

The Expanse is excellent but I didn't like the current season as much as previous ones. It wasn't bad but something just didn't click with me as much.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2020, 00:27   #1549
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
What all those classic old episodes with some of the best doctors in the series.
the originals were ok and in keeping with the production quality at the time. The modern ones though are just a poor excuse to be cheap and what I class as peasant tv. The production quality is awful and the kind of thing I would do if I was an amateur tv producer trying to make my first tv series in my garage.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2020, 09:59   #1550
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
the originals were ok and in keeping with the production quality at the time. The modern ones though are just a poor excuse to be cheap and what I class as peasant tv. The production quality is awful and the kind of thing I would do if I was an amateur tv producer trying to make my first tv series in my garage.
I guess you don't like Doctor Who then! Lol

Maybe it's just a case you prefer less tongue in cheek syfi? Which brings me to Star Girl, I'm willing to bet you don't like that too as it isn't serious enough for you.

But you know everyone has their own tastes, just like people watch that EastEnders and Coronation Street rubbish.
Old 28-06-2020, 13:34   #1551
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Maybe it's just a case you prefer less tongue in cheek syfi?
yup. Stuff like BSG, Expanse, Star Trek, GoT and those kind of series are what I like it. Proper serious stuff with strong stories and characters which you can really get in to.

Quote:
Which brings me to Star Girl, I'm willing to bet you don't like that too as it isn't serious enough for you.
Stargirl is at my absolute limit. The bad guys are too cheesy and Pat and the black girl do my head in. The only thing which is keeping it going for me atm is Stargirl, I think she is great. I don't know whether it is the character or the actress which is doing it. I like cat girl as well. I was ready to drop it after ep 2 if it was just going to be Stargirl and Pat every episode but now that they are introducing more characters it means the annoying people get less screen time.
Old 28-06-2020, 13:55   #1552
progers
Pete

Services: Broadband Up to 100Mb ~ TV Mix & TiVo 1Tb ~ Phone: Talk More Anytime
progers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these partsprogers is just so famous around these parts

Only Fools & Horses on Gold, hilarious
progers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2020, 14:09   #1553
cimt

Quote:
yup. Stuff like BSG, Expanse, Star Trek, GoT and those kind of series are what I like it. Proper serious stuff with strong stories and characters which you can really get in to.

Stargirl is at my absolute limit. The bad guys are too cheesy and Pat and the black girl do my head in. The only thing which is keeping it going for me atm is Stargirl, I think she is great. I don't know whether it is the character or the actress which is doing it. I like cat girl as well. I was ready to drop it after ep 2 if it was just going to be Stargirl and Pat every episode but now that they are introducing more characters it means the annoying people get less screen time.
Be interesting to hear what you think of Doom Patrol then? It's a super weird show. I'm enjoying it based on what I have seen so far. I enjoy my realistic shows that are serious but then I do also love the crazy stuff that likes to go OTT.
Old 28-06-2020, 19:45   #1554
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Watching Holby City
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2020, 20:11   #1555
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
Be interesting to hear what you think of Doom Patrol then?.
can't stand it
Old 28-06-2020, 20:18   #1556
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

FA Cup football.
Old 29-06-2020, 00:14   #1557
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Bowie at Glastonbury - epic.

Saw him, ‘78 in West Berlin, ‘87 on the Glass Spider tour Manchester, ‘89 Tin Machine Bradford, ‘90 Sound and Vision tour London Docklands.

Love Bowie, but honestly, we queued overnight in pouring rain for the Tin Machine tickets, and that was more enjoyable than the actual concert.

Luckily, saw him on tour the following year, and faith was restored.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2020, 06:26   #1558
denphone
Still alive and fighting

A true music legend Hugh as that label is used far too much imo but he deserves that label fully as he is one of the influencial musicians of the 20th century.
Old 30-06-2020, 00:15   #1559
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Finally got back into binge watching The Expanse in UHD and enjoying it so far.
I can't stop watching this, I am managing around 3-4 episodes in an evening and get annoyed when I have to stop for sleep!
Old 30-06-2020, 00:39   #1560
cimt

Don't sleep then. Sleep is for the weak.