Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

Old 10-01-2020, 21:41   #106
RegularCapital
cf.member

Services: Virgin Media
RegularCapital is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2020)

Digiguide has reported that Sky Comedy HD will be on channel 121 and its SD feed will be on channel 122 on Virgin.

RegularCapital is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-01-2020, 00:27   #107
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Media Boy HQ thinks we know why Virgin has to move La Liga TV to an new stream for.
We have seen on our TiVo box (As of January 9th) is reporting that ZooMoo HD is going to restart on January 21st on Virgin UK Channel 739.
Source: TiVo EPG.
ZooMoo HD is now listed as No Longer Available on the dates that did have programming listed
ScottishSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 20:44   #108
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishSteve View Post
ZooMoo HD is now listed as No Longer Available on the dates that did have programming listed
Seen that on Friday night...

Also I can confirmed that Universal Channel WILL stay on until 6am on January 27th (Source TiVo).

---------- Post added at 19:44 ---------- Previous post was at 19:38 ----------

BoxNation did reveal on Friday that BoxNation will be available free of charge to current Premier Sports customers from Early February.

If you are BoxNation customers you will get Premier Sports 1, Premier Sports 2 and the soon to launch La Liga TV free of charge from Early February.

https://www.boxnation.com/boxing-new...c-partnership/
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 12-01-2020 at 22:07.
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2020, 00:04   #109
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Look like La Liga TV will launch tomorrow (January 13th) after all Media Boy HQ has just found that Virgin Media are testing the EPG up until 0.01am tonight with "Coming Soon".

We feel La Liga TV will launch just after midnight on Virgin UK Channel 554.

Source: Digital Bit Rate

http://digitalbitrate.com/dtv.php?mu...&sec=0&lang=en

---------- Post added at 23:04 ---------- Previous post was at 21:51 ----------

I see that Virgin Media IS still using 5Spike old slot on CO31 - But is broadcasting Paramount Network.

I am starting to think Virgin Media will start using 5Spike for Paramount Network +1 and it will launch on the rumoured January 27th launch date on Virgin Channel 188.

©copyright 2020 Media Boy 2006 - 2020. An ''Keep it real and free'' Production.
Old 13-01-2020, 13:59   #110
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Premier Sports tweeted about it launching on Sky today and in response to someone asking "what about Virgin Media?" the Premier Sports representative said "we hope to have more information for Virgin TV customers later in the week".
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2020, 18:53   #111
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Premier Sports tweeted about it launching on Sky today and in response to someone asking "what about Virgin Media?" the Premier Sports representative said "we hope to have more information for Virgin TV customers later in the week".
According to the latest VM channel guide LaLigaTV is on Channel 554.

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-t...-channel-guide
SonicMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2020, 21:29   #112
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
According to the latest VM channel guide LaLigaTV is on Channel 554.

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-t...-channel-guide
Not appearing on my v6 boxes.

Also that link says it is a premium channel, however I was under the impression it was free for the first 2 weeks?

I am able to view LaLigaTV on my sky box (minimal sub)

Why is Virgin always lagging behind?
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2020, 02:10   #113
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Well 2020 is when we are rumoured to be getting UHD content from sky, anybody know when .
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2020, 05:35   #114
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
Well 2020 is when we are rumoured to be getting UHD content from sky, anybody know when .
Not heard a brass farthing but we are only in January and if my deteriorating memory serves me right things tend not to arrive too much in the dark bleak winter month of January.
Old 14-01-2020, 21:51   #115
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Not appearing on my v6 boxes.

Also that link says it is a premium channel, however I was under the impression it was free for the first 2 weeks?

I am able to view LaLigaTV on my sky box (minimal sub)

Why is Virgin always lagging behind?

Still not on my V6 boxes which updated at 18.33 this evening.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2020, 22:33   #116
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Still not on my V6 boxes which updated at 18.33 this evening.
It's not on vm at all yet but will arrive soon.
Legendkiller2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2020, 11:39   #117
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularCapital View Post
Digiguide has reported that Sky Comedy HD will be on channel 121 and its SD feed will be on channel 122 on Virgin.

At time of posting our TiVo EPG has got listings for Universal Channel for upto January 29th.

Look like Sky Comedy will launch about February 4th but Universal Channel is set to close on BT Vision from January 27th.

---------- Post added at 10:39 ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
I see that Virgin Media IS still using 5Spike old slot on CO31 - But is broadcasting Paramount Network.

I am starting to think Virgin Media will start using 5Spike for Paramount Network +1 and it will launch on the rumoured January 27th launch date on Virgin Channel 188.

©copyright 2020 Media Boy 2006 - 2020. An ''Keep it real and free'' Production.
Update: DBR is reporting that Virgin Media is broadcasting nothing on 5Spike old stream slot.

So maybe I was right about Paramount Network +1 maybe set to launch on January 27th (Rumoured date) on Virgin UK Channel 188 after all. See post 109.
Old 15-01-2020, 12:13   #118
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Sky Comedy set to launch 27th Jan - If that is the same day as it appears on VM, I'm not sure
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2020, 13:22   #119
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

No new series which would normally have appeared on Universal are there eg Chicago Med, Law & Order SVU. The channel is in a winding down pattern. Digiguide is showing programme listings for Sky Comedy from midday of 27th Jan. It is also showing programmes for Universal at that time.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2020, 13:55   #120
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Official confirmation that La Liga TV is coming to Virgin Media on the 16th.
https://www.virginmedia.com/corporat...n-virgin-media

---------- Post added at 12:55 ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 ----------

Quote:
The new channel launches on Thursday 16 January on channel 554 (HD)
Available at no extra cost to current Premier Sports subscribers
Subscription to Premier Sports and LaLigaTV is charged at £9.99 per month
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote