Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 22-06-2013, 13:10   #2101
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnasimmons View Post
39 days to go and still no news about BT Sport launching on Virgin Media... surely talks between them don't take this long?
Talks can take longer then you think and remember no news is usually good news.
Old 22-06-2013, 13:16   #2102
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
39 days to go and still no news about BT Sport launching on Virgin Media... surely talks between them don't take this long?
I think a deal has been done on the understanding that Virgin can't make any announcement until maybe a few days prior to launch. This would allow BT to plug the channel as being exclusive to BT right up until the last 72 hours. There is no way the below was a simple mistake by Virgin. I think Virgin "accidentally" put the information out there to reassure existing customers the channel is on the way. Even if the page was only live on Virgins website for an hour, that would be long enough for the information to go viral, and Virgin know this!

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2013, 13:18   #2103
Dash: CF noob
cf.geek

Services: VM MAXIT TV360 Volt 1gb. SH5 WIN 10 7" Tab, Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Dash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of societyDash: CF noob is a pillar of society

I'm inclined to think the same way Chad.
Dash: CF noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2013, 13:20   #2104
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I think a deal has been done on the understanding that Virgin can't make any announcement until maybe a few days prior to launch. This would allow BT to plug the channel as being exclusive to BT right up until the last 72 hours. There is no way the below was a simple mistake by Virgin. I think Virgin "accidentally" put the information out there to reassure existing customers the channel is on the way. Even if the page was only live on Virgins website for an hour, that would be long enough for the information to go viral, and Virgin know this!

That crystal ball never lets you down dear chap.
Old 22-06-2013, 13:26   #2105
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:

Spot on mate!
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2013, 13:27   #2106
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
That crystal ball never lets you down dear chap.
The only time it is wrong is when I try to gaze into it after a few beers! I'm beer free at the moment, so the omens are good
Old 22-06-2013, 13:41   #2107
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

I agree with Chad, deal has been done but not able to say that yet so BT can keep advertising the way they do. Wonder if VM will get the HD channels as well or just the SD ones
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2013, 13:43   #2108
johnasimmons
cf.mega poster

Services: 500mb, Full House (with Sky Sports & Movies, BT Sports and ViaPlay), 1 TiVo, 1 V6, iPhone 14 Pro Max
johnasimmons has reached the bronze age
johnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze age

Quote:
The only time it is wrong is when I try to gaze into it after a few beers! I'm beer free at the moment, so the omens are good
johnasimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2013, 13:46   #2109
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
I agree with Chad, deal has been done but not able to say that yet so BT can keep advertising the way they do. Wonder if VM will get the HD channels as well or just the SD ones
We've seen Virgin come on leaps and bounds in the past 12 months adding many of the missing HD channels, with a couple rumored to arrive next week. The only provider that seems to withhold HD channels from Virgin is SKY. Other HD channels missing are either part owned by SKY, or have an exclusive deal with SKY. I see no reason why BT would withhold the HD versions of the channels from Virgin. I can see Virgin customers having to pay an extra sub to get the HD channels though, just like BT and SKY customers will have to do.
Old 22-06-2013, 13:48   #2110
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Oh dear you have started early today.
Old 22-06-2013, 14:01   #2111
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
We've seen Virgin come on leaps and bounds in the past 12 months adding many of the missing HD channels, with a couple rumored to arrive next week. The only provider that seems to withhold HD channels from Virgin is SKY. Other HD channels missing are either part owned by SKY, or have an exclusive deal with SKY. I see no reason why BT would withhold the HD versions of the channels from Virgin. I can see Virgin customers having to pay an extra sub to get the HD channels though, just like BT and SKY customers will have to do.
I don't see any issue with with holding channels, why should sky provide the channels unless it is in their interest.

Everyone has a choice to get sky.

that is like saying it is wrong for Virgin to hold back broadband to sky customers..they don't..you want virgin broadband..you buy from virgin
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2013, 14:02   #2112
Mr Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Spot on mate!
I'm not convinced - still think they are hammering out a deal. Reckon VM want to take the 6 quid per sub saving from Espn and pass that on making BT Sports from VM circa 9 quid. BT probably don't like that, so reckon VM are looking at ways to prop up XL, possibly with free Netflix or something similar and therefore charging full price for BT Sports.

Just my views I must add
Old 22-06-2013, 14:23   #2113
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top banana View Post
I'm not convinced - still think they are hammering out a deal. Reckon VM want to take the 6 quid per sub saving from Espn and pass that on making BT Sports from VM circa 9 quid. BT probably don't like that, so reckon VM are looking at ways to prop up XL, possibly with free Netflix or something similar and therefore charging full price for BT Sports.

Just my views I must add
And all views are welcomed as its the different opinions that make this forum so interesting.
Old 22-06-2013, 15:40   #2114
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
I don't see any issue with with holding channels, why should sky provide the channels unless it is in their interest.

Everyone has a choice to get sky.

that is like saying it is wrong for Virgin to hold back broadband to sky customers..they don't..you want virgin broadband..you buy from virgin
not everyone can get sky Colin you naughty man
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2013, 15:49   #2115
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
not everyone can get sky Colin you naughty man
Point taken. But not everyone can get Virgin either
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote