Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin cuts MOBILE broadband to a fiver

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin cuts MOBILE broadband to a fiver

Old 14-05-2009, 14:07   #76
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age
Re: Virgin cuts MOBILE broadband to a fiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velcrohead View Post
Is there any way of getting this online?
I cannot see anything in my account page so am presuming not
Cheers.
If you already have Virgin Media Broadband, you need to call VM Sales, if you already have a Virgin Mobile account, they'll put you through to Virgin Mobile who process the sale.

There is a £4.88 delivery charge for the unit and you will be subject to another credit reference check.

The phone number is here

Quote:
Already with us? Just give our team a call on 0845 045 7979 to get this great offer.
AndyCambs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-05-2009, 15:45   #77
Velcrohead
Inactive

Services: XXL Broadband, Soon to have 2x V+ boxes, XL TV, M Phone.
Velcrohead is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCambs View Post
If you already have Virgin Media Broadband, you need to call VM Sales, if you already have a Virgin Mobile account, they'll put you through to Virgin Mobile who process the sale.

There is a £4.88 delivery charge for the unit and you will be subject to another credit reference check.

The phone number is here
Cheers, I know the number is on the site but its so so so much easier doing it online.
I will give them a ring later.
Velcrohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2009, 16:13   #78
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Cheers, I know the number is on the site but its so so so much easier doing it online.
I will give them a ring later.
I did this morning - they're quite good.
It's the Virgin Media and Virgin Mobile thing as well two separate companies, but they do have access to check at Virgin Mobile what subscriptions you have. They asked when I wanted the unit delivered -Friday or Saturday as it has to be signed for. They will want a credit card for the £4.88 delivery charge, which I presume is £5 less the VAT difference.

Oh yes, and to save time, if you already have a Virgin Mobile phone account, make sure you mention that when you start as they just put you through then to Virgin Mobile - it saves adding all the account details with V Mobile again.
Old 14-05-2009, 16:41   #79
Velcrohead
Inactive

Quote:
I did this morning - they're quite good.
It's the Virgin Media and Virgin Mobile thing as well two separate companies, but they do have access to check at Virgin Mobile what subscriptions you have. They asked when I wanted the unit delivered -Friday or Saturday as it has to be signed for. They will want a credit card for the £4.88 delivery charge, which I presume is £5 less the VAT difference.

Oh yes, and to save time, if you already have a Virgin Mobile phone account, make sure you mention that when you start as they just put you through then to Virgin Mobile - it saves adding all the account details with V Mobile again.
Ok, Cheers, Just waiting for my phone and TV install to be finished then I will call them.
Old 14-05-2009, 19:12   #80
Velcrohead
Inactive

Just rang up and ordered, What a lovely lady that was on the other end.

---------- Post added at 19:12 ---------- Previous post was at 18:52 ----------

Scrap that, Seems they dont want to take my money.
I will connect up with my orange connection instead.
Old 15-05-2009, 04:43   #81
Lord Nikon
Inactive

Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array
Lord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze arrayLord Nikon has a bronze array

I think I'll stick with my orange connection as backup / mobile too. I am on an unlimited anytime data addon at zero additional cost.
Lord Nikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2009, 06:36   #82
Velcrohead
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Nikon View Post
I think I'll stick with my orange connection as backup / mobile too. I am on an unlimited anytime data addon at zero additional cost.
They said I didnt meet the credit criteria, Funny how I already have an Orange phone that needs credit checking, not to mention the actual broadband and TV, phone install as well.
Like you, I have a deal with Orange, I thought it would just be a bit easier with the dongle, But nevermind.
Old 15-05-2009, 14:29   #83
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Quote:
They said I didnt meet the credit criteria, Funny how I already have an Orange phone that needs credit checking, not to mention the actual broadband and TV, phone install as well.
Like you, I have a deal with Orange, I thought it would just be a bit easier with the dongle, But nevermind.
i can quite understand them having a credit check (after all you can run up bills on the thing). However, I think they should tell you which reference agency is used or how they failed your check so you can ensure there are no incorrect entries on the reference agencies.
I think it's obligatory for them to disclose this - albeit at a fee.
Old 15-05-2009, 16:19   #84
Velcrohead
Inactive

Quote:
i can quite understand them having a credit check (after all you can run up bills on the thing). However, I think they should tell you which reference agency is used or how they failed your check so you can ensure there are no incorrect entries on the reference agencies.
I think it's obligatory for them to disclose this - albeit at a fee.
Don't get me wrong, I does not bother me in the slightest.
I know all about the finding out etc, I just cant be bothered.
Cheers.
Old 25-05-2009, 08:35   #85
smcaul
Inactive

Services: XL BB, Xl TV +Tivo, V+, VHD ,XL Phone, 1Gb Mobile BB, 3 x Virgin Mobiles
smcaul is just really nicesmcaul is just really nicesmcaul is just really nicesmcaul is just really nicesmcaul is just really nicesmcaul is just really nice

I got one last week, where I live I get the full 3.6mps haven't used it out and about yet but as it runs off the T-Mobile network most places I go to have 3G coverage. Had one small problem installing that turned out to be a corrupt network stack in my XP, had to do full re-install of xp on my laptop, but that was long overdue anyway so not a Virgin or the Dongles problem.

Only issue I did have was ordering, had to call 3 times, twice I was told order had failed due to credit check ?!?!?! was told to call Virgin Mobile to order and they could sort it out, called them (Phillipino call ctr) ordered again and was told all was ok and to expect next day delivery, but it never happened, had to email a contact I have within VM to get the ball rolling, turns out my order placed could not be found!!!!!!

Also, if you have more then one Virgin Mobile phone that could cause you to fail the credit check. Apperently the default limit seems to be 2 contracts with them, I have 2 mobiles on DD with them so that is why I failed the credit check (so they say). All sorted now though.

But Three Mobile did manage to deliver a dongle that was ordered 2 days after the virgin one, one day earlier!! But comparing the 2 side by side the Virgin one is about twice as fast as the Three dongle (at my home address anyway).
smcaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 21:29   #86
nutellajunkie
Inactive

nutellajunkie will become famous soon enoughnutellajunkie will become famous soon enoughnutellajunkie will become famous soon enough

i wouldny know what to do with a whole gig! haha..
nutellajunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2009, 12:17   #87
Phatfcuk
Inactive

Services: Cable broadband, TV, phone.
Phatfcuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Thought I'd add to this, I bought a mobile broadband deal for a 5er last November and I get pretty much 3.6 meg connection most times.

Loading graphical content is surprisingly speedy, if you do get that connection speed. On occasions I haven't, (a handful of times since November) and it has taken longer, but it is mobile, after all!
Phatfcuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2009, 19:01   #88
deathtrap3000
Inactive

Services: V+ HD XL BT Infinity 80mbps
deathtrap3000 will become famous soon enoughdeathtrap3000 will become famous soon enoughdeathtrap3000 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatfcuk View Post
I get pretty much 3.6 meg connection most times.
Wouldnt be so sure about that. Just because it says you are connected at 3.6meg, doesnt mean you are going to get anything near that.
deathtrap3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 18:29   #89
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Virgin have updated the Mobile Broadband options - and now have 2 month contract options

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html...nd/mobile.html

For Virgin Media customers they now get 20% off the price meaning 1Gb is now £8 and 3Gb is now £12
Old 02-10-2009, 19:35   #90
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

I am confused - I get my 1GB at £5 per month though?