Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Price rises this year.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Price rises this year.

Old 03-03-2023, 17:05   #391
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age
Re: Price rises this year.

Can anyone confirm how much Ultimate Volt should be out of contract?

The website states £136 but it's unclear if that's including the O2 price of £25 or not. My belief is that it was £136 plus £25 making it £161 for the full price of Ultimate Volt.

I ask because when my discount runs out, my contract states that my price will be £111 which when you add on O2 of £25, does make it £136. Yet my sister who is on the same budle (different discount) on her contract, after the discount ends, states it will be £136, making the full bundle £161 with O2 added on.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-03-2023, 17:16   #392
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

I bet if we compared everyone's subs on this forum we'd all be paying different.
VMs pricing is deliberately vague designed to get as much out if you as possible...
When I first had a cable account, over 20 years ago, everything was itemised. You knew exactly how much you'd pay if you upgraded or downgraded. Now it's a guessing game....
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 17:30   #393
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
Can anyone confirm how much Ultimate Volt should be out of contract?

The website states £136 but it's unclear if that's including the O2 price of £25 or not. My belief is that it was £136 plus £25 making it £161 for the full price of Ultimate Volt.

I ask because when my discount runs out, my contract states that my price will be £111 which when you add on O2 of £25, does make it £136. Yet my sister who is on the same budle (different discount) on her contract, after the discount ends, states it will be £136, making the full bundle £161 with O2 added on.
The VM part will be £136 after discounts expire, plus whatever price rise you’ve been notified of, which I’ve seen is £21.50 on Volt, so that’s £157.50/m, plus your O2 cost if you decide to keep that.

New customers can get the same bundle for £60/m and £25/m for O2.
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 17:43   #394
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
The VM part will be £136 after discounts expire, plus whatever price rise you’ve been notified of, which I’ve seen is £21.50 on Volt, so that’s £157.50/m, plus your O2 cost if you decide to keep that.

New customers can get the same bundle for £60/m and £25/m for O2.
So come the price rise, Ultimate Volt is going to cost £182.50 full price? That seems ridiculously expensive.
Old 03-03-2023, 17:44   #395
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

What is the draw of volt ? Seems a expensive way to get what is O2 , even Tesco give the O2 extras or what ever they are called. Have it but have never bothered!
Old 03-03-2023, 19:15   #396
nialli
cf.geek

nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
So come the price rise, Ultimate Volt is going to cost £182.50 full price? That seems ridiculously expensive.
Because it IS ridiculously expensive! The £25+ for a monthly mobile tariff is twice the market rate for mobile and the VM element is extortionate too. The company thrives on people not realising and just continuing without renegotiating at the end of their discounted contracts.
I’m using the break option I’ll have with these price rises to have the OpenReach wiring reconnected for our house and then I have options with FTTP fibre. Might go Sky Stream, might go NOW on a Roku. All considerably cheaper than Virgin.
Never had the need for 1Gb broadband in our house
Old 03-03-2023, 19:18   #397
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Quote:
That's more of an RRP.... I doubt anyone is paying that.

Makes the so-called saving quite good.

I've a volt package which I will not renew in may next year.

I took it as it suited at the time and I was effectively getting sky sports and movies for free.
Old 03-03-2023, 19:41   #398
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Think I'll stick with my £5 a month ASDA (vodafone) payg bundle. Granted, it doesn't sound as sexy as 'volt'.
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 19:48   #399
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:
Because it IS ridiculously expensive! The £25+ for a monthly mobile tariff is twice the market rate for mobile and the VM element is extortionate too. The company thrives on people not realising and just continuing without renegotiating at the end of their discounted contracts.
I’m using the break option I’ll have with these price rises to have the OpenReach wiring reconnected for our house and then I have options with FTTP fibre. Might go Sky Stream, might go NOW on a Roku. All considerably cheaper than Virgin.
Never had the need for 1Gb broadband in our house
The problem is, before Volt came along, the Ultimate Oomph bundle wasn't actually that bad of a deal for everything, Ultimate Volt came along and suddenly they are shotting £25 a month on when it used to be included in the bundle.

---------- Post added at 19:48 ---------- Previous post was at 19:46 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701-e View Post
That's more of an RRP.... I doubt anyone is paying that.

Makes the so-called saving quite good.

I've a volt package which I will not renew in may next year.

I took it as it suited at the time and I was effectively getting sky sports and movies for free.
I just wanted the RRP as to what it should cost. So it seems they mucked my contract up in my favour because after discount, the Virgin Media side is only £111 instead of £136
Old 04-03-2023, 10:07   #400
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
I bet if we compared everyone's subs on this forum we'd all be paying different.
VMs pricing is deliberately vague designed to get as much out if you as possible...
When I first had a cable account, over 20 years ago, everything was itemised. You knew exactly how much you'd pay if you upgraded or downgraded. Now it's a guessing game....
Yep, seen a report when someone rang retentions, at first they got offered the half discount automated, then call handler only offered same, then 20 mins later was offered 75%, then after another 10 mins of haggling offered the full rebate, it seems designed to milk the most they can get away with but also with the elasticity to back down if it means keeping the customer.

When I ordered my current service the price I am on now apparently wasnt available, but after some time the lady suddenly offered it me. So even on new orders it seems all over the place.

---------- Post added at 10:07 ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
What is the draw of volt ? Seems a expensive way to get what is O2 , even Tesco give the O2 extras or what ever they are called. Have it but have never bothered!
For me it was the huge discount.

I could get gig1 for £64 a month, or £29 a month with the O2 sim (which is £12 month). So a saving of over £20 month in total. (more if the sim is actually useful to you).
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 12:12   #401
BeeVee
cf.member

Services: VIP50
BeeVee is an unknown quantity at this point

Phoned retentions yesterday, 20 mins on hold, got through to UK call centre. I'm on Volt and contract ends in June. Got £21.50 bill credit for the next 3 months and was advised to call again in May to see what they could offer.
BeeVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 15:54   #402
nialli
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeVee View Post
Phoned retentions yesterday, 20 mins on hold, got through to UK call centre. I'm on Volt and contract ends in June. Got £21.50 bill credit for the next 3 months and was advised to call again in May to see what they could offer.
What time of day did you call?
Old 04-03-2023, 18:44   #403
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

What time do retentions close on weekends? I've just tried and they're shut
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 23:58   #404
BeeVee
cf.member

Services: VIP50
BeeVee is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
What time of day did you call?
3.15 pm
BeeVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 06:05   #405
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Anyone know what the purpose of introduing these barcoded stamps is?

Perhaps it's an anti fraud/counterfeiting measure or they want to track where stamps are purchased or where they're used to send letters for future changes??
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote