Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Price rises this year.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Price rises this year.

Old 24-02-2023, 08:47   #286
Brunel
Chief Mechanical Engineer

Services: V.M. M. 125 November 6 2018. Finally connected.
Brunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the rough
Re: Price rises this year.

"If you don’t have an active OpenReach connection a new ISP will have to install one (£30-£60 and a few weeks to schedule)."

No charge for a F.T.T.P. connection.
Brunel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-02-2023, 09:09   #287
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunel View Post
"If you don’t have an active OpenReach connection a new ISP will have to install one (£30-£60 and a few weeks to schedule)."

No charge for a F.T.T.P. connection.
That's a maximum speed of 73Mb/s I think?

I'd look at TalkTalk but the company's reputation is even worse than Virgin's. If you're happy with FTTP speeds, NOW broadband is £23/m with offers on their TV packages and it's only a 12 month contract
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2023, 09:09   #288
oxfordmark
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media M+:TV,VM 30mb:BB 1tb and 500gb Tivo, HTC One X
oxfordmark is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
If you don’t have an active OpenReach connection a new ISP will have to install one (£30-£60 and a few weeks to schedule). Only Virgin uses Virgin lines
I have an Openreach engineer coming out to do the install.
oxfordmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2023, 09:13   #289
nialli
cf.geek

nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxfordmark View Post
I have an Openreach engineer coming out to do the install.
I'll be interested how you find the TalkTalk services. I'm still waiting for the notification of my price rise and I'm starting to think I might not get one or can call and get a similar price to what I'm paying VM. I'm out of contract in June 23.
Old 24-02-2023, 09:26   #290
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

Assuming that Openreach (the supplier) is reliable, which of the sub-contractors is regarded as the best.

I know that a lot of companies advertise services using Openreach infrastructure, talk talk, EE, Zen, and a whole host of others.
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2023, 09:34   #291
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I'll be interested how you find the TalkTalk services. I'm still waiting for the notification of my price rise and I'm starting to think I might not get one or can call and get a similar price to what I'm paying VM. I'm out of contract in June 23.
Even if there's no immediate price rise for you, you'll definitely get a notification due to the wider T&Cs change (removal of Wifi Hotpots and future inflation-linked price rises), it is on its way, they just haven't got around to all of us yet.
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2023, 09:35   #292
Brunel
Chief Mechanical Engineer

Services: V.M. M. 125 November 6 2018. Finally connected.
Brunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the rough

Assuming that Openreach (the supplier) is reliable, which of the sub-contractors is regarded as the best.

https://www.giganet.uk/
Brunel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2023, 09:44   #293
nialli
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunel View Post

https://www.giganet.uk/
Thanks, but not available in my area yet.
Old 24-02-2023, 09:50   #294
techguyone
Deus Vult

techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age

Nor mine, but I've registered interest. It's looking extremely likely that Openreach will have rolled out to my area by the time my VM contract ends.
Old 24-02-2023, 10:19   #295
nialli
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post
Nor mine, but I've registered interest. It's looking extremely likely that Openreach will have rolled out to my area by the time my VM contract ends.
I'd have a lot more confidence in these alternative fibre providers, including OpenReach, if they'd commit to a going live timetable. I'm not even getting a year for the likely rollout when I enquire, let alone a month.

I'm not rural - I live six miles from central London in one of the biggest boroughs and there is NO fibre alternative to Virgin and every avenue of investigation so far has drawn a blank. This country's in the high speed slow lane alright.
Old 24-02-2023, 10:25   #296
techguyone
Deus Vult

I'm more fortunate in that regard, Openreach are busily working in my area converting exchanges ,installing poles etc. I'm confident by the time June 24 rolls around, it'll be done.

Small market town W. Mids, surrounded by ruralness, seems odd that London would be bereft of that type of infrastructure already.
Old 24-02-2023, 14:02   #297
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

Quote:
I'd have a lot more confidence in these alternative fibre providers, including OpenReach, if they'd commit to a going live timetable. I'm not even getting a year for the likely rollout when I enquire, let alone a month.

I'm not rural - I live six miles from central London in one of the biggest boroughs and there is NO fibre alternative to Virgin and every avenue of investigation so far has drawn a blank. This country's in the high speed slow lane alright.
The current trend has rural heading for a higher FTTP coverage (% of properties) than urban. I am not aware of any government scheme to help urban not spots.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2023, 15:31   #298
nefu
cf.member

Services: XXL Broadband, XL TV, Tivo, V+, XXL phone, several mobiles!
nefu is on a distinguished roadnefu is on a distinguished road

Just had the email, my service will increase from £61 to £76 per month. Called retentions who offered to "rebundle" my services on a new 18 month contract for £82 a month, I declined their kind offer!
nefu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2023, 17:14   #299
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by nefu View Post
Just had the email, my service will increase from £61 to £76 per month. Called retentions who offered to "rebundle" my services on a new 18 month contract for £82 a month, I declined their kind offer!
Just had mine £12 increase called retentions now paying £7, less than before increase so a £19 per month discount ! Same package , down side 18 month new contract just have to live with next increase.
Old 25-02-2023, 01:58   #300
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

Had another look at my contract, I missed a bit that links to a page on VM for "generic" terms and conditions, and that bit it links to includes a clause of VM been able to opt out of the price, but also the entire contract. It does state though as was said a penalty free exit can happen, so if I do get the price rise email, I will be haggling for it to be discounted like others have done.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote