Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Football : Season 08/09

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Football : Season 08/09
Closed Thread

Old 13-02-2009, 08:48   #796
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Football : Season 08/09

Number 5 may have revenue of 212.9 mil, but they ran at £66 mil loss for 2008.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Advertisement
Old 14-02-2009, 20:20   #797
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

I was watching the Watford v Chelsea game, and l want something answered here, Watford's ground is all seater, so why was allowed that the Chelsea fans were ALL STANDING, l was under the impression that if you were in an all seater stadium, the staduim rules and law was you had to be seated, so why was Chelsea fans allowed to stand up all the time, l have been to many grounds, and if you didn't sit down you could be ejected, Is there one rule for Chelsea and another rule for everyone else.
Old 14-02-2009, 20:35   #798
Turkey Machine
Inactive

Services: Company LLU internet, soon-to-be company FTTC internet at 56Mb/20Mb!
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze age
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze age

Every football stadium by law in this country is an all seater, however most clubs tend not to take notice of people standing provided there's only one person per seat and they're not crammed into an area. If they were ejected, or asked to sit down and refused, then that's their problem.
Old 14-02-2009, 20:59   #799
jellybaby
Inactive

Services: VM VIP50
jellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze array
jellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze arrayjellybaby has a bronze array
Send a message via AIM to jellybaby Send a message via MSN to jellybaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkey Machine View Post
Every football stadium by law in this country is an all seater, however most clubs tend not to take notice of people standing provided there's only one person per seat and they're not crammed into an area. If they were ejected, or asked to sit down and refused, then that's their problem.
I'm afraid thats not correct. I believe all Premiership stadiums are all seater.
Old 15-02-2009, 17:57   #800
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Look into this item and see who do you believe, Steve Bennett the referee, had the bottle to come out and say things about players, who like to get booked, so that they can have a holiday etc, is being forced to retire. The PGMA, which controls the referee's are not renewing his licence at the end of this season, Although, he can carry on for another TWO YEARS.

Read into that what you like, but something stinks about this matter.
Old 15-02-2009, 19:05   #801
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Who's Russ going to support if Swansea manage to see off Fulham.
Old 15-02-2009, 20:18   #802
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
Who's Russ going to support if Swansea manage to see off Fulham.
Easy - depends where the game is played. If OT then I'll be red.

But if it's at the Liberty Stadium, I will want to see Swansea HUMILIATE United. I will want Ronaldo sent off for diving, I'll want Rooney sent off for being ugly, I will be happy with nothing less than a 3-nil result for the Swans.

It will be the ONLY time I will be as anti-United as any Scouser or Gooner

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 15-02-2009, 23:43   #803
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ B View Post
Easy - depends where the game is played. If OT then I'll be red.

Seeing as the Swans came out of the hat first I think it will be at Craven Cottage.
Old 17-02-2009, 02:08   #804
SB_07
Inactive

Services: V+ XL/20MB BB.
SB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation era

Great to see Eduardo back....and with two goals!
Old 17-02-2009, 20:36   #805
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Hi Russb, I think the game will depend on how much money Sir Alex pays the referee.

We all saw the aggros, Sir Alex gave the 4th offical for disallowing the goal, by Ronaldo, l will be honest I HATE MAN UTD, We will need FOUR refs, video cameras, for Ronaldo's dives, so that can be a Xmas seller, cameras for the foul mouth Rooney, so that the FA can lip read what he calls the ref - and he will still get away with.

I heard they had a special pad at the Utd training ground, so that the players could practice how to dive. Good luck to Swansea
Old 17-02-2009, 20:51   #806
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
l will be honest I HATE MAN UTD,
Really? That is a shock!

Quote:
I heard they had a special pad at the Utd training ground, so that the players could practice how to dive. Good luck to Swansea
Is that the same one Derby use for Rob Hulse?
Old 17-02-2009, 21:49   #807
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Hi Russb, I think the game will depend on how much money Sir Alex pays the referee.

We all saw the aggros, Sir Alex gave the 4th offical for disallowing the goal, by Ronaldo, l will be honest I HATE MAN UTD, We will need FOUR refs, video cameras, for Ronaldo's dives, so that can be a Xmas seller, cameras for the foul mouth Rooney, so that the FA can lip read what he calls the ref - and he will still get away with.

Arthur, can you post your rants more often please, they have me in stiches every time
Old 17-02-2009, 21:51   #808
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Further to my comment on Man. Utd, They have this tendency that they can get away with everything, Did you see the picture of, cry baby Ronaldo, spitting at Savage, which is a Card job, nothing will happen, BUT anyone else, they will have the book thrown at them. The FA is petrified of Fergie.
Old 17-02-2009, 21:57   #809
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

Is that a fact?
Old 19-02-2009, 22:37   #810
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Did anyone see the magnificent recovery of Spurs Keeper Gomez, after his so called smack in the face, in the EUFA cup tie tonight, He made two mistakes, he should have had both goals covered, but as usual, he flopped, terrible performance, l don't know what Harry was thinking of, If he is trying to keep Spurs in top flight, he has to do it in all comps, He has already said, HIS priority is Premership survival, he forgets, Spurs players get paid a lot of money to perform in front of the great fans they have, they had better start performing, or in win Nothing this season plus relegation, and l am a Spurs fan.
Closed Thread