Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Overcharging on 30p Internet deal

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Overcharging on 30p Internet deal

Old 09-01-2010, 18:47   #1
APS
Inactive

APS is a jewel in the roughAPS is a jewel in the roughAPS is a jewel in the roughAPS is a jewel in the roughAPS is a jewel in the rough
Virgin Overcharging on 30p Internet deal

Just studied a couple of months bills of my sons and found a total of five occasions when he had either been charged 60p or 90p for Internet access (in one go) when Virgin are advertising a max charge of 30p per day. On other occasions he is charged the 30p fee.

His usage on those days was 3 MB or less, i.e. well less than the 25 MB per day limit.

Spoke to customer services (after the 10p charge and 20 min wait) who told me initially that it could not be wrong and then after studying the bill refunded the difference with no further comment or promise to report it.

This must be a bug in their billing system. How many other people are being over-charged?

APS
APS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-01-2010, 02:31   #2
Welshchris
Permanently Banned

Services: 50mb Cable, L TV and Phone XL.
Welshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful one
Re: Virgin Overcharging on 30p Internet deal

not by virgin but i was billed wrongfully by Orange for internet access on my mobile and had it all back.
Welshchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2010, 17:39   #3
Floco
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media/Broadband
Floco is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Overcharging on 30p Internet deal

I've had this problem too, so i opted for the monthly useage package! However i've just found out that although i pay £5 for unlimited internet usage, every month this add-on is "uploaded" to my account which could take anything from a few mins to 24 hours...THEREFORE from 12.01am on the 26th of the month to midnight on the 26th i cannot use the net as i may be charged unless my new subcription of internet useage has been added! As i need to use the net on my phone everyday, chances are there will be times when i use the net without having my new useage time added and hence paying for the privilege.
What a joke! A clever one which makes em money, but still!!!!! When i queried this i was told it was because of the automatic uploading "system" and that it happens to all the phone companies! When i said they should be explicit about this possibility i was told the standard "not up to me" line.
Floco is offline   Reply With Quote