Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 28-08-2013, 17:08   #3601
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

BT Sport: 3D is "the biggest waste of time"

http://www.t3.com/news/bt-sport-3d-w...-waste-of-time
Old 28-08-2013, 19:24   #3602
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
BT Sport: 3D is "the biggest waste of time"

http://www.t3.com/news/bt-sport-3d-w...-waste-of-time
Agree entirely and I for one are not interested in buying a 3d tv
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2013, 12:44   #3603
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
Agree entirely and I for one are not interested in buying a 3d tv
The majority of people who buy 3D TVs don't watch 3D at all. By the time they decide to give it a try, they can't remember what they did with the specs!
OLD BOY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2013, 13:08   #3604
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
The majority of people who buy 3D TVs don't watch 3D at all. By the time they decide to give it a try, they can't remember what they did with the specs!
To get the best 2D PQ, you're looking at the higher range TVs and they come with 3D as standard.

So many people by 3D TVs not for 3D, but to get the best 2D PQ.
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2013, 18:48   #3605
neilo
cf.addict

Services: V6, 350mb Broadband, Phone
neilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to all

I complained to BT online about the BT Sports DOG today. Don't know if I should be proud of myself for doing it or feel sorry for myself for doing it!
neilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2013, 18:51   #3606
Lostlam
Inactive

Lostlam will become famous soon enoughLostlam will become famous soon enoughLostlam will become famous soon enough

Does anyone know if VM are doing any offers for Sky Sports, as the normal price they are asking for is ridiculous?
Lostlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2013, 21:29   #3607
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Neilo, You won't get any answers from BT Sport, l have been trying to get answers since it started.

You cannot get anywhere with them - you can try phoning their complaints on servive number, and they will put you to the sports dept. You will get transferred to Delhi. And they have a clue on what you are asking.

I did get an answer in an email. They say its a new idea from there service dept and wont change it.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2013, 21:51   #3608
ncfc1902
cf.addict

ncfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostlam View Post
Does anyone know if VM are doing any offers for Sky Sports, as the normal price they are asking for is ridiculous?
I phoned up a couple of weeks ago and got all sd Sky Sports channels half price for 3 months
ncfc1902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2013, 22:13   #3609
Lostlam
Inactive

Lostlam will become famous soon enoughLostlam will become famous soon enoughLostlam will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncfc1902 View Post
I phoned up a couple of weeks ago and got all sd Sky Sports channels half price for 3 months
I thought that might be the case. Did you have to speak to a manager, or did CS give you this deal?
Old 31-08-2013, 22:31   #3610
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
I thought that might be the case. Did you have to speak to a manager, or did CS give you this deal?
Point of information/speculation - this may have been because the BT Sports deal had not been finalised....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2013, 23:29   #3611
Lostlam
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Point of information/speculation - this may have been because the BT Sports deal had not been finalised....
I am hoping that isn't the case, and the offer still stands.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:29   #3612
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Virgin have stopped SKY Sports discounts.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:41   #3613
DaMac
Inactive

Services: VM 200mb Gamer BB, 1m Motorised Satellite, Netflix 4K, Amazon Prime 4K, VM M TV, Freesat HD.
DaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
To get the best 2D PQ, you're looking at the higher range TVs and they come with 3D as standard.

So many people by 3D TVs not for 3D, but to get the best 2D PQ.
This is correct, a top end tv's 2d performance can look almost 3d when set up and calibrated correctly, add to this a top end tv will usually have much better 3d performance than a mid range tv and it becomes less of a niche, and more of a normality, the mrs loved Star Trek into darkness on 3D blu-ray.
DaMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 15:54   #3614
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

I've said a lot about the quality of BT Sport's rights and the amount of money that they've spent on acquiring them. And I stand completely by those comments. But, from what I've seen so far, and admittedly I haven't seen all of their Premier League matches, they are trying to be innovative. Some of it's working, some of it isn't. I like the virtual pitch, for example, but could well do without having a ref in the commentary box, especially, Mark Halsey, who has been pretty dreadful. I do, however, really like the DOG location. I think it allows consistency across their programming - for instance when they're showing foreign football which comes with it's own branding stamped in the top left corner - and it allows them to show the picture in picture box which means the main view is always the main action, which I think is absolutely excellent.
Old 01-09-2013, 18:55   #3615
ncfc1902
cf.addict

ncfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Just a call to CS, I asked if there were any offers on Sky Sports, got put on hold for 2 mins, and was offered half price for 3 months. This was after BT Sport arrived on VM
ncfc1902 is offline   Reply With Quote