Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 04-08-2013, 21:07   #3001
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Another point is is the logo is rather intrusive in my opinion. Whether it would make a difference where it was is another matter.
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-08-2013, 22:26   #3002
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
I saw the logo on the BT Sport game, l think there is a good reason for that. To see how many people call and complain about it.

If l was watching the channel, l would certainly complain about it.
Really Arthur? It would be unlike you to complain
harry_hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:45   #3003
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickJesus View Post
I don't see how it makes even the slightest bit of difference where the logo is.
Gotta admit i haven't seen the logo but if it's at the bottom of the screen then it would interfere with the picture i'd guess.

Half the time in a football broadcast, especially when not in close up, the top of the screen has some of the crowd/stand in it so having the logo at the top doesn't affect the viewing experience. Unless the cameramen make sure the near byline is in the picture instead when the action moves to the near side half of the pitch. I'll judge it properly when i actually see a broadcast but those are my initial thoughts.
johnathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:45   #3004
tvtimes
Inactive

Services: Sky entertainment, kids and HD package, Sky Fibre Unlimited broadband, XBOX one, PS4 and Android box
tvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks View Post
It does,spend all that money to get the rights then broadcast on the cheap sounds like bt
Your giff is so immature.

---------- Post added at 12:45 ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 ----------

If people watch US sports then they would be used to the logo being at the bottom.
People have gotten used to the logo and scorebar being at the top in this country is all.
tvtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 14:28   #3005
DaMac
Inactive

Services: VM 200mb Gamer BB, 1m Motorised Satellite, Netflix 4K, Amazon Prime 4K, VM M TV, Freesat HD.
DaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant future

Dogs at the bottom of the screen get in the way during football, they will get so many complaints they will move it.
p.s. I've watched the epl on fox sports and even they move the dog to the top during soccer.
DaMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 16:50   #3006
DaMac
Inactive

Services: VM 200mb Gamer BB, 1m Motorised Satellite, Netflix 4K, Amazon Prime 4K, VM M TV, Freesat HD.
DaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant future
Thumbs down Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

I've just attempted to order BT sports so I can watch it online, there doesn't seem to be a way of doing this without ordering or already having BT broadband
DaMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 16:54   #3007
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMac View Post
I've just attempted to order BT sports so I can watch it online, there doesn't seem to be a way of doing this without ordering or already having BT broadband
Yes, i thought you could too. But when I was looking for someone else, i couldn't find anyway to do it.
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 21:52   #3008
young_timbo
Permanently Banned

young_timbo doesn't have many friendsyoung_timbo doesn't have many friendsyoung_timbo doesn't have many friends

I would like to point out, earlier in my stay here I was accused of being wrong by the guy with the crystal palace icon. It was in the other thread, but I am not replying as it is not a BT Sport solo thread.

Here, from the horses mouth.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Fe...mber-2013.aspx

Quote:
**If Tottenham qualify for the group stages of the Europa League, this match will move to Sunday 1 December, at 12:00 BST, and will still be live on BT Sport.
I said that there is no chance that Spurs would play at 12.45 on the saturday, due to Europa. I was informed by that guy that I was wrong, and that the match could not be rescheduled, and if it was rescheduled then BT Sport would have to give up the rights.

As you can see, I was 100% correct on both counts. Match rescheduled due to 36 hours time span between thursday night and saturday lunchtime, and BT Sport still showing it due to them obtaining the rights to that game, not just a timeslot to show the game.

In fairness, a couple of others backed me up. And we all said that this is due to fixtures all having a set time to begin with, before european matches and variants cause a rescheduling of the kickoff times. But still, quite a few people took smug glee in informing me that I am wrong. This, as proven by the official man united site is incorrect. I was right.

As I have said many times, I am an expert in all aspects of football broadcasting within the UK and also foreign rights to Premier League, and can confidently say I know more about it than anybody here due to being a football nut who devotes my life to watching football on tv. Please understand that I am never wrong, ever, about football broadcasting in the UK. The smarter people will know it's good to have me here to act as a resident expert in it, but sadly due to being very anti sport, and a snobbish behavior towards football fans I am wasted here and will not be passing on as much as I could. i'll be withholding info when it suits me.
young_timbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 22:36   #3009
Anypermitedroute
Inactive

Services: Virgin TIVO XL package & Sky Movies and Sports HD XXL broadband & superhub
Anypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_timbo View Post

As I have said many times, I am an expert in all aspects of football broadcasting within the UK and also foreign rights to Premier League, and can confidently say I know more about it than anybody here due to being a football nut who devotes my life to watching football on tv. Please understand that I am never wrong, ever, about football broadcasting in the UK. The smarter people will know it's good to have me here to act as a resident expert in it, but sadly due to being very anti sport, and a snobbish behavior towards football fans I am wasted here and will not be passing on as much as I could. i'll be withholding info when it suits me.
I'm sorry but this has got to be a wind up, maybe it's the antagonistic tone or the total balls to make such an outrageous suggestion on a public forum but hey I will bite and be forgiven for maybe asking for proof of these claims of being 100% correct:

So here is my idea, this Saturday first 5 championship fixtures:

1) Blackburn vs Nottingham forest
2) Blackpool vs Barnsley
3) Bolton vs reading
4) Brighton vs Derby
5) Carlton vs Middlesbrough

No ifs, no buts please provide these correct results for this saturday. Your making the brass claims of being 100% right all the time so here your opportunity to show us for all and not only you make us a few £££ you will have my total utter respect on all football matters and will give you complete kudos. If not I am sorry but i simply cannot take any of your items you post seriously anymore
Anypermitedroute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 23:20   #3010
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Resident expert? More like resident lunatic
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 23:44   #3011
young_timbo
Permanently Banned

young_timbo doesn't have many friendsyoung_timbo doesn't have many friendsyoung_timbo doesn't have many friends

Please do not quote me unless you quote the entirety of my post, and thusly acknowledge that i was correct last week with my stance on United vs Spurs being rescheduled due to Europa league, and Palace Fan was wrong. Then we will move onto the paragraph which has been quoted twice.

I will also state that in turn I was correct when I said Champions League does not affect saturday 12.45s, only Europa fixtures. So the people who made the ludicrous and factually incorrect statement that less big teams will be playing on BT Sport due to Champions League were wrong, as no big team bar spurs are affected as Man.PU, Man Sitty, Arse nal, and Chel sea are all in the champions league, and Liverpool (the joint biggest draw and one the teams on an incredible 9 times in the first 13 due to their high ratings), are thankfully not involved in the Europa League

In general it always follows the same formula with very, very minor rare occurrences but never for thursday night/saturday dinner timeframes. 2 odd occurrences were Chelsea playing in the champions league semi 2 days after a cup tie with spurs, because of a fixture date that Liverpool could not play for personal reasons. Another was Man United game vs Middlesbrough in 2008-09, which was altered and played 1 day later than everyone else due to Liverpool being top of the league at the time, and to give Man United the best chance to win the game after being tired recently returning home from Japan WCC, they were given an extra day to ensure that they won. And used the day's recovery time to beat Boro 1-0, in a match they would definitely have struggled massively in otherwise.

So as you can see, my knowledge in this sort of thing is 1st rate. I could type for hours, I know everything. Also I must note that my talents do not stretch to predicting the results of 5 random championship games, as somebody might very bizarrely and bemusingly suggest. Just broadcasting facts and stats of football in the UK, and overseas rights.
young_timbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 00:05   #3012
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I have to agree
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 00:58   #3013
Jameseh

Quote:
I know everything

You don't.
Old 06-08-2013, 01:34   #3014
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Our new under bridge dweller. This forum does seem to attract them for our mutual amusement.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 02:03   #3015
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Please understand that I am never wrong, ever, about football broadcasting in the UK. The smarter people will know it's good to have me here to act as a resident expert in it, but sadly due to being very anti sport, and a snobbish behavior towards football fans I am wasted here and will not be passing on as much as I could. i'll be withholding info when it suits me.
Quite honestly, you sound like a child.

Why dont you grow up a bit and start acting your (supposed) age, and stop antagonising other forum members in the process.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote