Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What do you have now in terms of a TV Box

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

My 360 box resets a lot

Old 29-03-2024, 23:33   #1
andrewshearman
cf.member

andrewshearman is an unknown quantity at this point
My 360 box resets a lot

hi my 360 box resets a lot hard drive faild thay said I need a new box do virgin do a V9 box don't want a other V6 box
andrewshearman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-03-2024, 23:49   #2
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: My 360 box resets a lot

Huh ?

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2024, 09:26   #3
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

If your 360 is faulty, it would get replaced by another 360.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2024, 15:51   #4
andrewshearman
cf.member

so virgin don't have a V9 set top box thay replace my box this keeps happening I have had 5 boxes and they reset can I use a tivo with 360 software?
Old 30-03-2024, 17:06   #5
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewshearman View Post
so virgin don't have a V9 set top box thay replace my box this keeps happening I have had 5 boxes and they reset can I use a tivo with 360 software?
That's like saying I want to run Android firmware on my Apple iPhone. No you can't. They are completely different TV Platforms & the new boxes now provided only run V360 Horizon firmware. You have migrated from TiVO & you are unlikely to find a way back once you have moved.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2024, 17:10   #6
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

There's no such product as a V9 nor a TiVo with 360 software. Once an account has migrated to 360 it can't go back to TiVo.
Maybe an engineer visit is needed if there's an underlying issue
Old 30-03-2024, 22:34   #7
andrewshearman
cf.member

ok thanks I am canceling my accout got a better deal with sky
Old 31-03-2024, 00:30   #8
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
If your 360 is faulty, it would get replaced by another 360.
If a V6 becomes faulty, what will it be

replaced with at this point in time?

[SIZE=1]---------- Post added at 00:30 ---------- Previous post was at 00:28 ----------[/SI

ZE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
That's like saying I want to run Android firmware on

my Apple iPhone. No you can't. They are completely different TV Platforms & the new boxes now provided only run V360 Horizon firmware. You have migrated from TiVO & you are unlikely to find a way back

once you have moved.
In the past i've seen posts on the Virgin Media Community Forum where, being unhappy with the limitations of the 360,
customers have been allowed to go back to the V6.

Whether this is still the case I don't know.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2024, 15:57   #9
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
If a V6 becomes faulty, what will it be replaced with at this point in time?
V6
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote