Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Flat Earth Society

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Flat Earth Society

Old 09-09-2018, 17:22   #16
idi banashapan
step on my trip

idi banashapan has a nice shiny star
idi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny star
Re: Flat Earth Society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey View Post
This has to be one of the most agreeable CF threads I've ever read.
Agreed
Old 09-09-2018, 21:58   #17
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I don't know how anyone can possibly think the earth is actually flat. Especially with all the evidence that says it is a round ball shape.

Simply head west or north and you will eventually end up back where you stated. That's a dead giveaway.

Photos taken in space also prove this.

I remember one of them being on this morning earlier in the year. Holly and Phil were nearly in stitches when he was talking.
Old 10-09-2018, 17:17   #18
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I don't know how anyone can possibly think the earth is actually flat. Especially with all the evidence that says it is a round ball shape.

Simply head west or north and you will eventually end up back where you stated. That's a dead giveaway.

Photos taken in space also prove this.

I remember one of them being on this morning earlier in the year. Holly and Phil were nearly in stitches when he was talking.
If the Earth is round why doesn't all the water sink to the bottom
Old 10-09-2018, 18:04   #19
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
If the Earth is round why doesn't all the water sink to the bottom
Just be glad it doesn't or your boat would on its way to the South Pole.

https://media.giphy.com/media/uhB0n3Eac8ybe/giphy.gif
Old 10-09-2018, 18:53   #20
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

There are many who believe it though and try to rationalise it for you.
This is a bit long winded but comes up some interesting reasons though. I must admit I laughed most of the way through it. It's very entertaining theough!

pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 19:18   #21
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

I am finding the debate a bit flat though.
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 19:47   #22
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Quote from "Trial of Faith":

‘True, but only if they had cause to think that the world is a globe, they might frightened of falling off the edge if they think the world is flat.’
‘But it is so obviously a globe’
‘To you and I, especially once the sorcerers had the arguments correct’

It had been over five hundred years ago that Karen the sorcerer had deduced the fact that their world was a globe, the argument went like this: If the earth is flat then if I watch a ship sail away it should just get smaller and smaller with distance until it is just a dot on the horizon. But this is not what happens, it is true that the vessel gets smaller but the sea starts to obscure the hull, then the sails until finally all one can see is the mast top which then disappears. This can only happen if the surface of the sea is curved as on a globe. He had even gone on to make an estimate of the size.
First book of the Prince Peter Trilogy. (Unpublished)
Old 10-09-2018, 20:49   #23
idi banashapan
step on my trip

idi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny star

I feel like this thread needs a flat-earther. Otherwise it’s just everyone patting each other on the back in agreement. It’s just not a debate. This makes me sad.
Old 10-09-2018, 21:26   #24
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by idi banashapan View Post
I feel like this thread needs a flat-earther. Otherwise it’s just everyone patting each other on the back in agreement. It’s just not a debate. This makes me sad.
That's the problem, they are very difficult to find.
Old 10-09-2018, 21:30   #25
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
That's the problem, they are very difficult to find.

Their around
Old 10-09-2018, 21:33   #26
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

They all fell off the edge ages ago.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 21:42   #27
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Perhaps my next thread should be "Did man land on the moon"? The conspiracy theorists have had a boost from NASA on the debate.
Old 11-09-2018, 18:22   #28
idi banashapan
step on my trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Perhaps my next thread should be "Did man land on the moon"? The conspiracy theorists have had a boost from NASA on the debate.
How so?
Old 11-09-2018, 19:19   #29
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by idi banashapan View Post
How so?
You'll have wait for that but all will be revealed.
Old 11-09-2018, 23:35   #30
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
[QUOTE=Mr_love_monkeyThis has to be one of the most agreeable CF threads I've ever read.[/QUOTE]Indeed... This is a wonderful site Paul has given us

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard s
I am finding the debate a bit flat though.
Ah man!!

It IS flat isnt it?? (Its all text on your screen )
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote