Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience
View Poll Results: My personal experience of Virgin Media customer service has been:
Excellent- I've never had any problems with them 249 18.91%
Generally OK 315 23.92%
Hit 'n' Miss - about 50/50 273 20.73%
Poor- they normally mess it up 239 18.15%
Awful - never had a useful phonecall to them 241 18.30%
Voters: 1317. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-06-2007, 00:44   #91
shepard
Inactive

shepard is an unknown quantity at this point
UK Sites Customer Care Excellent, India Very Poor!!

In my experience lately I have always received great customer care from the UK centres, with friendly staff and have noticed now they are not robotic and more personal when they answer calls and speak to you which is great...

... But the big thorn in my side is India, Every time I have called and spoke to this centre I have had so many difficulties in communication and understanding and getting my issues resolved. Its too scripted and the staff their struggle as much as I do. Usually after 20 minutes going in circles I hang up and call back till I get a UK centre which cant be good for their call queues nor their stats!!!!!!!!
shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-07-2007, 22:18   #92
zeanon
Inactive

zeanon is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

Ive been an NTL customer for many years now and have only ever had one problem with the service in all this up until recently. line voltage was low on the dial up connection, and this was resolved very quickly.

However I have had ntl Broadband for as long as its broadband has been with us. I am not a newbie to networking and have no problems with my ISP normally.

Since Virgin Media have taken over NTLworld, the standart of service provided has dropped .

What used to be a trouble free service is now barely able to keep me online. Sure they sent an engineer out and all he did was question the router that that i use., Ive used the Dlink 604 for about three years with no problems at all.

I suspect they have downgraded the system or dumped the best ntl engineers.

Whatever the problem is it needs to be sorted out as soon as possible.

THE PROBLEM is I keep loosing connectivity as though the connection fails repeatidly. May be fine for a few hours then its on and off like a jackrabbit.

Im just about at the end of my tether with the Virgin broadband service, and am seriously considering changing to another ISP, after many years of trouble free ntl broadband.

What I do not understand is how can Virgin take an already proven system and louse it up.

The standard of service now is appalling with regular dissconections and when these interuptions do start i can be offline for up to five minutes at a time repeatedly sometimes all day every 5 or ten minutes.

I would like to complain to someone about this as they have ruined my internet experience and i also have an online business to run.

Get your act together virgin before you loose all your customers. I for one will be voting with my feet if these issues are not resolved soon. And from what i read on the internet many others are thinking of changing or already have

Zeanon
zeanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 23:13   #93
Safeman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media The False Advertising Company
Safeman is an unknown quantity at this point

most of them are retards @ CS i have had so many bad times with these retards
Safeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 15:18   #94
Mystical
Inactive

Services: Sky TV VM 20Mbit BB VM Telephone
Mystical is an unknown quantity at this point

Absolutely appaling customer service at Virgin. Dare I say it, WORSE than NTL

Let me give you a brief run down of events

- 25 May: Moving house so decided to also move phone/broadband to a different company knowing how bad NTL/VM is
- Virgin offer us XL broadband + Phone + Unlimited calls for £20 a month
- Thought this was a RESULT so accepted the offer
- Installer came and connected phone and broadband (he forgot to active the broadband) so after a day or so it was cut off
- Phoned VM who said that it was cut off as no one migrated the service over
- Went through migration over the phone with TS
- BILL ARRIVES today broadband, full price of £37

- Phone bill = £2

- Called Customer Support and also Retentions who say there is no record of this offer ever being given

- Please can someone tell me if we are within our rights to break the 12 month contract as we were told we would be paying £20 a month NOT £39.

This is not acceptable. Whenever I have phoned no one has taken responsibility for the errors which occured, and at times I was made to feel as though I must have misunderstood what was being offered.

This is not the case as we phoned them multiple times to confirm it before signing the contract and returning it.

Please can someone tell me how to break free from this contact? Can anyone help me please?
Mystical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 15:54   #95
Rik
cf.mega poster

Services: 1Gbps Broadband
Rik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpackRik has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeanon View Post
and i also have an online business to run.
A piece of advice, if you do call VM to discuss your problems, do NOT mention that you are using your residential broadband connection to run an online business.

---------- Post added at 14:54 ---------- Previous post was at 14:51 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical View Post
- Please can someone tell me if we are within our rights to break the 12 month contract as we were told we would be paying £20 a month NOT £39.
ALWAYS get the persons name, email address or ext number, when you are offered a fabulous retentions deal, far too many people are offered fabulous deals, that never materialise .

If you break the contract you will be required to pay for the remaining months, at the end of the day, its just your word against there's.
Rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 19:45   #96
Mystical
Inactive

Services: Sky TV VM 20Mbit BB VM Telephone
Mystical is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
ALWAYS get the persons name, email address or ext number, when you are offered a fabulous retentions deal, far too many people are offered fabulous deals, that never materialise .

If you break the contract you will be required to pay for the remaining months, at the end of the day, its just your word against there's.
Not much else to say other than I have lost faith in VM's ability to see through simply getting a quick buck off their customers. I know not all CS staff are the same but the ones I have spoken to simply lie their way out of everything. I am very disappointed that such a big organisation can be so shoddy
Mystical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 20:05   #97
Safeman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media The False Advertising Company
Safeman is an unknown quantity at this point

Excellent- I've never had any problems with them i wonder if most of them are VM Techs lol
Safeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 00:39   #98
dgardner

Hi,
This is my first post.
I have been with virginmedia for about 1 and a half years and only had 1 prob regarding the V+ box in that i was charged 9.50 for the additional box instead ogf the 5.00 it should have been i called up and it was put right straight away.
Old 13-08-2007, 00:04   #99
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze age
Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age

Any "normal" fault has always been dealt with very quickly, politley and proffesionally...the engineers who come to my house are always brilliant...

Trying to register more technical faults (such as BBCi leaving black boxes on my TV screen) pretty hopeless....
Mobes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2007, 19:58   #100
Shan42
Inactive

Shan42 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have had three TV boxes, twice i went without services for two weeks as they forgot to update the box after the engineer had called so they claimed it took two weeks to get the services on again!! whatever!

On Demand services was inactive for six weeks, wouldn't update, before that it would only update so many programs and miss others e.g the last episode of a series!! how annoying to miss the last one!!

Even now it still doesn't work properly, i rang only last week to say once again they had missed off episodes, so its rendered useless as you cant miss an episode for fear it wont be on the next day, pointless service!

Internet often slows or stops for periods of time where they have no explanation, in fact you you do ring, take the chance of becoming bankrupt! your service miraculously starts up again once they know who you are!! strange!! these calls are now 25p a minute! as if im going to ring them anymore! they are at fault if something happens so why charge us! especially as they clearly do something to get people to ring in the first place!

Tv Choice was payperview for most programs so they decided to charge £5 a month and all programs were free to watch, firstly i wasn't informed of the charge and they just slapped it on my bill which i had to pay despite the fact i hadn't used the service!! there was no letter, no notification just appeared from nowhere.

TV Choice again is now charged at £5 a month yet the programs worth watching you still have to pay for as there is now a payperview section which all the fantastic programs are in eg, Greys Anatomy, Lost, Nip Tuck! or at least will be eventually.

We were promised they would replace Sky channels with other ones to compensate, haven't seen any yet! and we would eventually be able to view Lost and Nip Tuck which we lost on Sky One, again hasn't materialised, Nip Tuck goes up to the episode just before losing Sky. Greys Anatomy is shown, the first Series, mmm i think we have seen that one seen as we are on the 3rd!!

Recently tactics are being used to get people to upgrade by giving people with L and M packages new channels to watch, what they don't tell you is that these are only promo channels and will only be shown for about six weeks then you will lose them and only be able to receive them on XL package, these channels usually appear just before a new hit series starts, like Dexter on FX, so any new channels that appear are not worth watching as they will eventually be lost, they should be giving us channels not teasing us with them, they don't have enough respect for us to just let go of that one!!

The call centers are no longer worth ringing as i can no longer understand anyone i speak to and often find they answer with no connection to my question, my guess - scripts! now what the hell are you supposed to do if you have a problem and they just cant understand what your on about!

Call center staff have no concept of what channels are available on Virgin, UK or India, if a channel is faulty or a program is missing out of On Demand they have no idea what channel you are on about or what program, does this mean Virgin staff don't have Virgin!!

My bills every month are over charged, i am supposed to be on the 3 for £30, i have had bills in the region of £80, £70, £60, £50, but yet to get one for £30! marvelous so every month i have to ring up and inform them that i have been charge for services i don't use and yet again i have been charged two or three times for the same services, all i can say is a good job i look at my bills or i wouldn't know how much they are taking out each month, i think thats the idea!! i guess they will stop eventually once they know i look but some of you don't!!

And it goes on, so yeah, good for you Virgin, great job!!!! you must be really proud!!
Shan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2007, 22:45   #101
Daveoc64
cf.addict

Services: Freeview Play, Virgin Media Gig1
Daveoc64 has a spectacular aura about themDaveoc64 has a spectacular aura about themDaveoc64 has a spectacular aura about themDaveoc64 has a spectacular aura about them

We've had cable for 11 and half years, we've called them out more times since they've been called "Virgin Media" than when they were "Telewest" and "United Artists" put together.

They were extremely rude on the phone, being told to "be quiet" and to "listen to me" when we tried to explain our problems.

After that they didn't fix the problem we had (and several other people in the street) until we contacted the local engineer directly.
Daveoc64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2007, 21:52   #102
Blaze
Inactive

Services: XL TV, 10mb BB
Blaze is an unknown quantity at this point

Generally OK.

Got VM (Then Telewest) in early 2002, the technical support took about 15 mins to answer. Nowadays it's good for me.

Once my cable box crashed on the now loading, i phoned up got straight through and in 5 mins it was fixed.
Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2007, 17:02   #103
joekell
Inactive

joekell is an unknown quantity at this point

I think that over all virgin media staff do as good a job as possible.(got say that because wife works there)Considering the learning curve maybe its just your luck who you get. On the other hand when you get a problem I find the engineers, if there is not an obvious solution ,are very hard to work with.
joekell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2007, 20:32   #104
spiderman2
Inactive

spiderman2 is on a distinguished roadspiderman2 is on a distinguished road

all i can add here is that everyone will have some bad & good callers on the phone which will result in a bad or a good experience.
This is not only restricted to the centers in india, it is applicable to the UK centers as well.Its a different story altogether that some people like to share their bad experiences with the outsourced centers only.
spiderman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 18:39   #105
TDay
Inactive

Services: None
TDay is an unknown quantity at this point

I find them friendly and they try to help, but I get different responses from each person I talk to! The first guy was happy to set up the services I wanted installed (phone and broadband), but then said the installation system is down and he'd call me back next day after lunch. He never did phone. So I arrange it online. Still no installation date. I phone them - there's a problem with the cable box...health and safety something-or-rather, 'call back in 2 weeks'. I phone weeks later, (today), they say there's a 'capacity' issue, so I'll have to go to BT!! 125 quid installation fee and hours on the phone to BT? No thanks.
TDay is offline   Reply With Quote