Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | VM News Another Price Increase

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

VM News Another Price Increase

Old 10-07-2019, 11:35   #61
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age
Re: VM News Another Price Increase

I know for most of us this is not a option yet, but fibre is being rolled out by Openreach and other companies directly into people's homes and that will give us more options in the future.

There will be the Sky IPTV service some time this year and no doubt, BT and perhaps others will follow soon afterwards. In effect, we should all end up with a choice of at least 3 "cable" companies to choose from.
Old 10-07-2019, 15:07   #62
KillerCroc1
cf.member

Services: Amazon Prime Video Netflix Discovery+ apple Tv and xbox
KillerCroc1 is an unknown quantity at this point

just called today about the price increase as really was not wanting to leave gave me the £50 one off credit said i would be signing a new contract but no need as im due to renegotiate a deal with them in july 2020 :-) im actually happy today the agent looked at everything i had and looked to see if it would be cheaper me switching down to 200 MBPS came back said more expensive im on a fantastic deal and the £50 plus my £8 credit is awesome :-) so nothing changes £8 credit in effect until july 2020 cant complain hopefully virgin can keep me for a third year ;-)
KillerCroc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 17:26   #63
TMLeafs
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Oomph Plus Extra Tivo (Three Total)
TMLeafs is on a distinguished roadTMLeafs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
I know for most of us this is not a option yet, but fibre is being rolled out by Openreach and other companies directly into people's homes and that will give us more options in the future.

There will be the Sky IPTV service some time this year and no doubt, BT and perhaps others will follow soon afterwards. In effect, we should all end up with a choice of at least 3 "cable" companies to choose from.
Well BT Prices are just silly they can offer me 140meg for £54.99 a month for 18 months then £59.99 for just internet and phone.

I currently pay only £52.26 (47.26 after 18 months) more for

350meg + Phone
Full House TV which includes BT Sport
Sky Sports & Cinema
3 Tivo Boxes

BT + TV + BT (4k) & Sky Sports (HD) + Sky cinema + 1 extra box
Comes to 131.99 for the first 18 then £146.99

Yes, I have discount on my package but even at full price it's still cheaper and better value than Sky + BT can do only thing I want is Sky Sports in 4K but its not worth the added cost to do so.
LG OLED55BX6LB, Onkyo TX-NR656 AVR, Cambridge Audio S70 L & R, Cambridge Audio SX-70 Center, Cambridge Minx Min 22 RR RL, PSB Imagine XA Atmos, S90 Subwoofer, PS3, PS4, Tivo V6, Nvidia Shield (2017), Apple TV & Logitech Harmony Companion
TMLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 20:05   #64
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCroc1 View Post
just called today about the price increase as really was not wanting to leave gave me the £50 one off credit said i would be signing a new contract but no need as im due to renegotiate a deal with them in july 2020 :-) im actually happy today the agent looked at everything i had and looked to see if it would be cheaper me switching down to 200 MBPS came back said more expensive im on a fantastic deal and the £50 plus my £8 credit is awesome :-) so nothing changes £8 credit in effect until july 2020 cant complain hopefully virgin can keep me for a third year ;-)

I'm curious did you get through to UK retentions and what time did you ring them ??
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 21:12   #65
Pluto88888
Inactive

Pluto88888 is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad I ditch these rip off moneyclowns.
I renewed my contract last Jan billed £22 for 100meg with phone line 3 months paying £27,£30,£36 and the last few months £39 no calls made on landline.

Told them to cancel everything now happy on three uk 4g unlimited mobile data paying £10 a month getting speeds 70mb.
Total cost on 4g unlimited £120 a year with £70 quidco cashback only paying £50 this year bargain.

Anyone looking for payandgo 4g unlimited sim deal go to smarty they do unlimited data for £18.75 a month.

Last edited by Pluto88888; 10-07-2019 at 21:25.
Pluto88888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 22:58   #66
KillerCroc1
cf.member

Services: Amazon Prime Video Netflix Discovery+ apple Tv and xbox
KillerCroc1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
I'm curious did you get through to UK retentions and what time did you ring them ??
Call them around 2pm always get UK call center
KillerCroc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 23:15   #67
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCroc1 View Post
Call them around 2pm always get UK call center

Thanks, i've always called them fairly early in the morning and never had a problem, but quite a few people have reported getting through to India in recent weeks.
Old 10-07-2019, 23:30   #68
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

I call them early morning and always get UK, to be honest i thought retentions are only
based in the UK?
Old 10-07-2019, 23:52   #69
daveeb
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I call them early morning and always get UK, to be honest i thought retentions are only
based in the UK?

There's a recent thread somewhere in which several people have reported getting a foreign CS when contacting retentions. I guess I'll find out soon.
Old 11-07-2019, 12:57   #70
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
There's a recent thread somewhere in which several people have reported getting a foreign CS when contacting retentions. I guess I'll find out soon.
I think they might have called outside of UK office hours.
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 14:26   #71
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
I think they might have called outside of UK office hours.
I have called at different times recently, yesterday 9.10 am put through to India, yesterday afternoon 1.50pm India again. However, this morning at 8.45 am got straight through to Scotland (Customer relations)

Last edited by alwaysabear; 11-07-2019 at 14:30.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 15:18   #72
2pence
cf.member

Services: Gig1 Fibre Broadband
2pence is an unknown quantity at this point

There's absolutely no other fibre supplier on my road with BT completely mumm on the issue for over 8 years and now my bill is going up with a huge increase of £3.5 extra from the already £51/mo... and that's just a broadband package.

I'm so angry.
Old 11-07-2019, 15:31   #73
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pence View Post
There's absolutely no other fibre supplier on my road with BT completely mumm on the issue for over 8 years and now my bill is going up with a huge increase of £3.5 extra from the already £51/mo... and that's just a broadband package.

I'm so angry.
So I've just done a quick comparison for my address where BT Fibre is available

BT Ultrafibre Plus which would give me a speed range of "137Mb - 138Mb" is £54.99 a month including the line rental.

After the 12 month new customer offers, Virgin M200 with a Phone Line is £54 a month and M100 with a Phone is £49 a month. M350 and Phone is £59 a month.

So the price difference between VM and other providers isn't always where you may think it is.

Last edited by BenMcr; 11-07-2019 at 15:34.
BenMcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 20:58   #74
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

Any one heard of TV Brite and does it really work as claimed.

https://tvbrite.co/

If it does I may as well invest in one.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=tv+brit...sl_r28ot0x6b_b
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 21:00   #75
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard s View Post
Any one heard of TV Brite and does it really work as claimed.

https://tvbrite.co/

If it does I may as well invest in one.
You will be shocked to hear I'm sure, but the answer is no, it doesn't work as described.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote