Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 13-10-2019, 12:15   #9376
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Most definitely as l find it hard to understand that Sky in their great wisdom decided to not to renew David Gower , Bumble and Ian Botham's contract when they are three of the best cricket pundits around.
When the pundits start giving their half time chat isn't that the time to go to the toilet,make a cuppa or nip to the shop? I do!

Last edited by telegramsam; 13-10-2019 at 12:16. Reason: Mistake
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-10-2019, 12:26   #9377
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
When the pundits start giving their half time chat isn't that the time to go to the toilet,make a cuppa or nip to the shop? I do!
It all depends on who the pundit is as adverts allow one to go to the toilet or make a cuppa l always find as certain pundits are very listenable during the lunch and tea breaks.
Old 13-10-2019, 12:38   #9378
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Most definitely as l find it hard to understand that Sky in their great wisdom decided to not to renew David Gower , Bumble and Ian Botham's contract when they are three of the best cricket pundits around.
In the case of Bumble, I totally agree - although he retired a long time ago his approach adds some fun which is desperately needed.

However in the case of Botham/Gower they add little to the commentary and are out-dated. Gower in particular seems very bitter that his time has gone - hopefully they will be replaced with ex-players who haven't retired 20 years ago.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2019, 12:41   #9379
telegramsam
telegramsam

telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
It all depends on who the pundit is as adverts allow one to go to the toilet or make a cuppa l always find as certain pundits are very listenable during the lunch and tea breaks.
To be honest I rarely hear the pundits as often by the time I"m back from doing all I have to do the match is ready to start again. I do hear the odd bits and some are ok,some not. I don't like Nevile on Sky,do like Savage on BT.
Old 13-10-2019, 12:47   #9380
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
To be honest I rarely hear the pundits as often by the time I"m back from doing all I have to do the match is ready to start again. I do hear the odd bits and some are ok,some not. I don't like Nevile on Sky,do like Savage on BT.
Gary Neville like a few other pundits talks some good sense when they do not allow their bias to get the better of them.

As for Savage l can't say he is one that rocks my boat.
Old 13-10-2019, 13:05   #9381
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Gary Neville like a few other pundits talks some good sense when they do not allow their bias to get the better of them.

As for Savage l can't say he is one that rocks my boat.
It shows how people's views differ - I find Neville bland at the best of times, although he has good technical input.

However when Man Utd are playing he cannot hide his obvious bias
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2019, 13:48   #9382
telegramsam
telegramsam

Another thing which is annoying me is the number of females footballers creeping into the programs. Now I like women but not as football pundits. I don't question their knowledge of the game but if I wanted a females comment on the match I'd ask our lass!
Old 13-10-2019, 13:54   #9383
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Another thing which is annoying me is the number of females footballers creeping into the programs. Now I like women but not as football pundits. I don't question their knowledge of the game but if I wanted a females comment on the match I'd ask our lass!
I'm not sure whether you should be expressing views like that in this day and age.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2019, 14:02   #9384
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
l am not a sexist person myself as l believe in equal equality but l can't say l am impressed with too many of the female pundits personally.

Obviously more women are being employed in the sporting media because of a considerable gender imbalance but l have always believed in people being employed on merit rather then on gender.
Old 13-10-2019, 15:00   #9385
telegramsam
telegramsam

Quote:
l am not a sexist person myself as l believe in equal equality but l can't say l am impressed with too many of the female pundits personally.

Obviously more women are being employed in the sporting media because of a considerable gender imbalance but l have always believed in people being employed on merit rather then on gender.
After about being employed in merit rather than gender. I guess in Sky,BY and other broadcasters they want to attract as many viewers as possible,including women,so if having female footballers on helps with that they're going to do it. Mind you it's when they concentrate that really grates on me!
Old 14-10-2019, 10:28   #9386
figgyburn
Helter Skelter

Services: vm bbl.tvxl
figgyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to behold

Eye candy.Mute button for all/most "pundits".Even when the game is on i stick on headphones to listen to music.Don't need the commentators telling me that Andy Robertson has passed to Mo Salah.I have eyes.Wish we had the option of just getting the live feed with no commentating.
figgyburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2019, 21:46   #9387
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
I'm with you on that, let them commentate on womens football, politcal correctness gone mad if you ask me.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2019, 16:14   #9388
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
I'm with you on that, let them commentate on womens football, politcal correctness gone mad if you ask me.
What next? They'll have Brits commentating on American Football, men commentating on women's tennis, and common people commentating on polo!

What's the world coming to!!!
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2019, 16:23   #9389
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
What next? They'll have Brits commentating on American Football, men commentating on women's tennis, and common people commentating on polo!

I knw, terrible eh!
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2019, 19:15   #9390
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post

All in the name of diversity. It's time we ditched all this left-wing touchy-feely political correctness, which I think drives most people up the wall.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote