Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Finally got Sky!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other ISPs Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

AT LAST - FAST BROADBAND WITH Be Unlimited

Old 20-12-2007, 07:34   #1
TUZZY
Inactive

TUZZY is infamous around these partsTUZZY is infamous around these parts
AT LAST - FAST BROADBAND WITH Be Unlimited

I connected to VM in October for the 20meg service.
I get 15-18meg in the morning, and then it sloooowzzzz down to Under 1meg after 6pm. Ive had an engineer call. Didnt make any difference.
Anyway....
Try Be Unlimited Broadband. I have VM but I had to get another service. Be Unlimited is ADSL2+ and is up to 24meg. Im getting 10meg and it costs £18 a month - I also get a good 1.3meg Upload (2x faster than VM).
My Virgin Broadband is 20meg but only get anything like that in the early hours. After 6pm I get less than ONE MEG connection!!!
Be Unlimited is at www.bethere.co.uk
Good Luck...
TUZZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-12-2007, 08:51   #2
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Re: AT LAST - FAST BROADBAND WITH Be Unlimited

ADSL is dependant on telephone line conditions in your location and between you and the exchange, good speeds for one person does not mean good speeds for another unfortunately. As long as you are happy with your service then great, not everyone will see that sort of stable speed though, we are less than 1Km from exchange but due to old knackered telephone lines in our area, overhead distribution poles and rubbish wiring onto our main telephone socket we can only get 10Mb on a stable connection, higher than that and the line drops intermittantly.
Each ADSL customer will have their own unique conditions and their own unique speed stats.
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote