Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Needs Reinstalling in Windows 7

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Needs Reinstalling in Windows 7

Old 22-12-2009, 18:28   #1
jingleman

Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Needs Reinstalling in Windows 7

I need to reinstall Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface so that I can use Homegroup in Windows 7, as it requires IPv6.

This was there before, but problems with ZoneAlarm (now uninstalled) and
following advice elsewhere this was 'unistalled' and means this is now no longer lsited under Device Manger, even after selecting 'show hidden devices'. Windows 7 Homegroup will not connect tells me I need IPV6 enabled
  • IPV6 is selected against Network adators etc
  • I have deselected IPV6 against Network Adapator, rebooted, reselected IPV6 & rebooted, but nothing seems to force this back.
  • ipconfig /all only lists IP4 not IP6
  • No system restore available
How do I reinstall Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface so it again shows in Netwok Adapators in Device manager, please?

Happy for DOS style commands, just don't want to have to reinstall Windows 7, if all all possible

Cheers
Advertisement
Old 22-12-2009, 21:58   #2
idi banashapan
step on my trip

idi banashapan has a nice shiny star
idi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny staridi banashapan has a nice shiny star
Re: Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Needs Reinstalling in Windows 7

i take it you have other W7 machines in the house?

have you tried going to Action > Scan for hardware changes from within Device manager?
Old 23-12-2009, 10:53   #3
jingleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
i take it you have other W7 machines in the house?
Yes

Quote:
have you tried going to Action > Scan for hardware changes from within Device manager?
Yes, tried that as well, but nothing detected.

Any further suggestions, please?

Cheers
Old 23-12-2009, 12:50   #4
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

Try right clicking your network connection in Network & Sharing Centre -> Change Adaptor Settings

Goto properties

Click on add and try each of the 3 sections and see if it's in one of those

Otherwise, try uninstalling your network card driver and reinstalling it
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2009, 16:51   #5
jingleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham M View Post
Try right clicking your network connection in Network & Sharing Centre -> Change Adaptor Settings

Goto properties

Click on add and try each of the 3 sections and see if it's in one of those

Otherwise, try uninstalling your network card driver and reinstalling it
Thanks for suggestions. It's not listed there (I think it only shows in Device Manager). I have removed all protocols - IP4 & IP6 only let you untick - and removed Network card driver etc. The only protocol not installed is 'reliable multicast protocol' but that was never installed.

Thanks very much for the suggestions, though I feel it may just be quicker to bite the bullet and reinstall Windows. I have most of my software and back-up of documents etc. on other partitions so it won't be too much trouble to add it back afterwards.

Cheers
Old 23-12-2009, 16:53   #6
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Services: TiVo 110MB BB Phone Line
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to webcrawler2050

Try all of this:

1. Temporarily disable Firewall and third party antivirus program on the computer for a test.

2. Verify relevant services
=========================
a. Click "Start", type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in Search Bar and press Enter.

Note: If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.

b. Right click the "Peer Networking Grouping" service and choose Properties.
c. Please check if the service is started; if not, please click the Start button and see if it works.
d. You may also choose Automatic next to Startup type.
e. Click OK.
f. Please repeat the above steps with another service: PNRP Machine Name Publication Service.

3. Modify IPv6 registry key to enable IPV6
==========================
a. Click Start, type regedit in Search Bar, and then click regedit in the Programs list.

Note: If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue.

b. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\servic es\TCPIP6\Parameters

c. Check whether the "DisabledComponents" registry key exists. If so, let's move on the next steps.

d. Double click the "DisabledComponents" registry key and modify the value to 0.

(If the key doesn't exist, please create the key above and assign the value 0)

e. Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.

For more information, we can refer to the link below:
webcrawler2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2009, 18:40   #7
jingleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by webcrawler2050 View Post
Try all of this:
Wooooooooh it now works

webcrawler2050 I can't thank you enough for resolving this for me. I'd say I've been tearing my hair out, but I don't have much left to tear!

Just for information, should anyone else come across this same issue, for me the problem was at "PNRP Machine Name Publication Service" - this was at 'Stop'. I started this and set to Automatic. I also changed Peer Networking Grouping" to 'Automatic'', it was on 'Start' but showed 'Manual'. I presume there is no problem (security wise) leaving them both on 'Manual'?

By way of a thank you, have a beer on me Sorry it's only a virtual pint, perhaps santa will bring you a real one.

Thanks again, and .
Old 23-12-2009, 18:55   #8
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Services: TiVo 110MB BB Phone Line
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to webcrawler2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingleman View Post
Wooooooooh it now works

webcrawler2050 I can't thank you enough for resolving this for me. I'd say I've been tearing my hair out, but I don't have much left to tear!

Just for information, should anyone else come across this same issue, for me the problem was at "PNRP Machine Name Publication Service" - this was at 'Stop'. I started this and set to Automatic. I also changed Peer Networking Grouping" to 'Automatic'', it was on 'Start' but showed 'Manual'. I presume there is no problem (security wise) leaving them both on 'Manual'?

By way of a thank you, have a beer on me Sorry it's only a virtual pint, perhaps santa will bring you a real one.

Thanks again, and .
Your most welcome. I've seen it atleast 7 times here at Medion with Win 7 machines.

Nice pint there
webcrawler2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:25   #9
tich
Inactive

tich is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Try all of this:

1. Temporarily disable Firewall and third party antivirus program on the computer for a test.

a. Click "Start", type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in Search Bar and press Enter.

Note: If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.

c. Please check if the service is started; if not, please click the Start button and see if it works.
e. Click OK.
f. Please repeat the above steps with another service: PNRP Machine Name Publication Service.

a. Click Start, type regedit in Search Bar, and then click regedit in the Programs list.

Note: If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue.

c. Check whether the "DisabledComponents" registry key exists. If so, let's move on the next steps.

d. Double click the "DisabledComponents" registry key and modify the value to 0.

brilliant worked so well,thanks,l had struggle over this for a while but nobody really explained simply as u did ,u are a genius in the making

---------- Post added at 06:25 ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 ----------

brilliant worked so well,thanks,l had struggle over this for a while but nobody really explained simply as u did ,u are a genius in the making
tich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:54   #10
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Try all of this:

e. Click OK.

Well done for one of the more helpful posts this month.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:02   #11
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Shame this copy / paste jobbie was made in 2009 to qualify.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:07   #12
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
Shame this copy / paste jobbie was made in 2009 to qualify.
Possibly but my remark about it being one of the more helpful posts this month still stands as tich found it helpful.

The frequency of helpful posts has dropped dramatically around the site and I'm truly sad to see it.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:10   #13
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
Possibly but my remark about it being one of the more helpful posts this month still stands as tich found it helpful.

The frequency of helpful posts has dropped dramatically around the site and I'm truly sad to see it.
On the plus side you can say people aren't asking as many questions, so there's nothing much to answer to. I'm sure any questions (technical or not) put to this forum will always be dealt with very well. So to say helpful posts have dropped (in your context) is a tad out of sorts.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:24   #14
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
On the plus side you can say people aren't asking as many questions, so there's nothing much to answer to. I'm sure any questions (technical or not) put to this forum will always be dealt with very well. So to say helpful posts have dropped (in your context) is a tad out of sorts.
I get around a lot of the site.People are still asking questions but sadly they don't always get the level of patience that is sometimes required possibly because it's the same or similar question for help that has been answered before.Repetition possibly has become boring.