Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Captain Marvel Movie (2019)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Captain Marvel Movie (2019)

Old 09-01-2019, 10:58   #16
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
Re: Captain Marvel Movie (2019)

I agree with you General, but it is not only going to set up the next era but also be the prequel to everything that's happened in the MCU.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-01-2019, 17:52   #17
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I love behind the scenes stuff and things like this just get me more and more excited because it shows me how much they all care about making the movie and fantastic (and "real") as possible.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 11:38   #18
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

I have no problem with a female-led superhero movie. The only things I ask are the same things I ask for in any male-led superhero movie. That the characters be well written, the story exciting (funny is a bonus), the action well done, the direction coherent and the special effects good.

So far, the Marvel movies have scored well on most of those. The DC movies, not so well (the said, I loved Christopher Reeve and Brandon Routh as Superman, loved the Burton and Nolan Batman movies, Aquaman and Wonder woman, while I liked Suicide Squad a lot). The weak point for the Marvel movies has traditionally been the bad guy, allthough the bad guys in Black Panther were excellent, as was Thanos, and the various bad guys in Captain America.

I don't think you can really tell from the trailers (I remember hearing an editor who made trailers for a living who said it was the easiest job in the world because you can find 30 seconds of good film in any film), but based on their past performance, and that I like Brie Larson as an actress, I think Captain Marvel will be a good film.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 13:29   #19
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Brie Larson is an excellent actress, I was immediately much more interested in this film with her cast.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 18:00   #20
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
I don't think you can really tell from the trailers, but based on their past performance, and that I like Brie Larson as an actress, I think Captain Marvel will be a good film.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Brie Larson is an excellent actress, I was immediately much more interested in this film with her cast.
I was the complete opposite. When I first heard about the film I was excited and then when I heard she had been cast I sighed big time and thought "what have they done?". She may be a good actress but I have only ever seen her in "Room" and she struck me as one of those arty farty character actors like Meryl Streep and not an action hero. This isn't just one film they are potentially going to screw up, it is Infinity War P2 plus the MCU going forward if she is going to be taking the reins.

I felt a lot better about it once the teaser and trailer were released and my confidence has been restored now that I have scene that behind the scenes mini featurette. It contributes to my realism factor and the fact that she has done so much training physically to be able to do the action sequences adds authenticity to the scenes and characters and just makes her more believable and real.
Old 12-01-2019, 19:38   #21
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

I thought she was excellent in Free Fire, which is an action movie.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 20:56   #22
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Yup Room was excellent. Also Scott Pilgrim she was in giving more 'attitude'.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 21:53   #23
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I was the complete opposite. When I first heard about the film I was excited and then when I heard she had been cast I sighed big time and thought "what have they done?". She may be a good actress but I have only ever seen her in "Room" and she struck me as one of those arty farty character actors like Meryl Streep and not an action hero. This isn't just one film they are potentially going to screw up, it is Infinity War P2 plus the MCU going forward if she is going to be taking the reins.

I felt a lot better about it once the teaser and trailer were released and my confidence has been restored now that I have scene that behind the scenes mini featurette. It contributes to my realism factor and the fact that she has done so much training physically to be able to do the action sequences adds authenticity to the scenes and characters and just makes her more believable and real.
She's a good actress.. I suspect anyone who has only seen Ian McKellan or Patrick Stewart in Shakespear would be shocked to see Gandalf, Magneto, Captain Picard or Professor X.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2019, 18:27   #24
General Maximus
Ran Away

true. Tbh from what I have seen so far she looks awesome and every bit a believable Captain Marvel and that is the sign of an excellent actress. I won't look at her and think "oh yeah it is that woman who played the weak woman locked in that room".

I can't wait. I have got it saved in my films list on the Odeon website so hopefully I'll get an email when the tickets go up but I check regularly anyway. They know it is going to be massive so I am expecting any time at the beginning of February with a midnight premiere and it will be interesting to see if they tie it in with a double bill. I think they would normally want to Infinity War but they'll save that for Endgame as it is only a month later.
Old 04-02-2019, 09:27   #25
General Maximus
Ran Away

tickets aren't available yet but I am keeping my eyes peeled.

Last edited by General Maximus; 04-02-2019 at 09:51.
Old 04-02-2019, 21:18   #26
General Maximus
Ran Away

Just checked the Odeon website and it says tickets will be available for advanced booking tomorrow (Tuesday 5th). Keep your fingers crossed for a midnight premiere.
Old 04-02-2019, 21:48   #27
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Cineworld say their tickets will go live tomorrow.
Old 05-02-2019, 13:17   #28
General Maximus
Ran Away

Tickets are available at Odeon with a midnight premiere.
Old 04-03-2019, 08:34   #29
General Maximus
Ran Away

3 days to go......

Old 04-03-2019, 11:25   #30
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Midnight (plus one minute) showings at the Vue Cinemas Thursday night/Friday morning - 2D, 3D, and 3D IMAX.

I’ll probably go for the 3D IMAX Friday lunchtime.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote