Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BT Sports on Sky

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

BT Sports on Sky

Old 05-08-2015, 00:17   #1
Superblade7
cf.geek

Services: Sky Q 2TB & Sky Q Mini (Box Sets with Cinema & Sports HD) with VM VIVID 100Mbps Broadband & M Phone
Superblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond repute
BT Sports on Sky

Hi Guys,

I've recently switched my TV from VM to Sky and have been considering adding BT Sports to my package. I've seen the price for the BT Sport HD pack is £23.99 (plus £15 activation!!) for Sky customers which is fairly pricey as I've no real interest in the Champions League and would only really want BT Sport 1 & 2 for the EPL and FA Cup games.

I see BT customers can opt for a BT Sport Lite option and just get BT Sport 1 but it looks like us Sky customers have to have all or nothing.

Before I ring up and end up with one of the offshore contact centres, I just wondered whether any of you guys had been in touch with BT to ask a similar question as to whether you can split the channels?

Or failing that, has anyone had any joy getting any offers from them for a reduced rate on the full pack?

Thanks in advance
Superblade7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-08-2015, 07:11   #2
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: BT Sports on Sky

You could always ring and try to get a deal , sadly BT have priced their product in such a way that it's not particularly appealing to Sky customers unless you elect to take BT's Broadband.

Ironic really when BT consistently moan about Sky and it's alleged anti competitive practices.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 08:04   #3
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Yes its a bit like calling the kettle black.
Old 06-08-2015, 22:14   #4
Superblade7
cf.geek

Services: Sky Q 2TB & Sky Q Mini (Box Sets with Cinema & Sports HD) with VM VIVID 100Mbps Broadband & M Phone
Superblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond repute

Rang BT last night and again today and explained I'd like BT Sport 1 & 2 for the EPL / FA Cup games but have no interest in Champions League. They said they can't offer non-BT customers with Sky anything other than the full bundle for £19.99 + £4.00 HD.

Clearly playing hardball with Sky customers!
Old 07-08-2015, 06:42   #5
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Utterly disgraceful in my book.
Old 07-08-2015, 08:21   #6
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

This is what enforced competition has done.

Back in the days when sky had all the uk aired EPL games and champions league, it was cheaper as didnt have to pay 2 providers.

I think its a mugs game paying for sky anyway, NBC sports has all the EPL games including 3pm kickoffs for about 1/5 of the price.

If you want to watch via comfort of hdtv in the living room, get a amazon firetv box and is an app can use to watch nbc sports on it.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 09:27   #7
Superblade7
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
This is what enforced competition has done.

Back in the days when sky had all the uk aired EPL games and champions league, it was cheaper as didnt have to pay 2 providers.
Guess we got Ofcom to thank for that as clearly competition and the EPL games split between two providers is better for the consumer!
Old 10-08-2015, 00:01   #8
judgey
Inactive

judgey is an unknown quantity at this point

Plenty of ways to watch all the matches without a subscription to either Sky or VM
judgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2015, 16:06   #9
rainer
Inactive

rainer is an unknown quantity at this point

Im a Sky customer and i pay £16.50 for BT Sports HD package..
rainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2015, 19:30   #10
Superblade7
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainer View Post
That's better than the £23.99 I was quoted. Do you have BT broadband?
Old 21-08-2015, 23:00   #11
rainer
Inactive

rainer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superblade7 View Post
No, i have the full package with Sky, TV, Broadband and phone line. I took out BT Sport when i moved to Sky in March last year as i am a massive UFC fan so needed it.
rainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2015, 09:05   #12
Superblade7
cf.geek

Quote:
No, i have the full package with Sky, TV, Broadband and phone line. I took out BT Sport when i moved to Sky in March last year as i am a massive UFC fan so needed it.
They must have let you keep it on the old price then. I think one of my mates who'd had BT Sports on Sky for a while got a letter saying his was going up from about £13 to £24 and he told them to shove it so they kept him on his current price.

Guessing I switched to Sky at just the wrong time as BT were launching Champions League. Although to be fair, I've been enjoying the Saturday lunchtime Championship games on Sky Sports when I'm not at the mighty Blades games so in all honesty I've not been missing BT Sports at all.
Old 23-08-2015, 23:57   #13
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
If I were you, I would check thats what you are still paying.
Thats how much I was paying until the last bill came through last week, which had the new price rises on it (making it £23.99).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superblade7 View Post
Yep, thats the price now.
The day after I got the new bill, I rang up and cancelled it.
They actually offered to reduce it to the old price (not sure how long for), but I told them no.

The stupid part is that had they not put it up, I would not have cancelled it.
The rise prompted me to think about about how much it was really used, and I decided it wasnt worth even the old price to me.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 22:25   #14
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Just switched from Virgin to Sky and was wondering if I should sub to BT Sports,having seen the cost I don't think I'll bother,too pricey. As others have said it really isn't better for the customer to have sport on more than one provider. I might just ring them up though and see if they'll do me a deal.
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 14:33   #15
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
Just switched from Virgin to Sky and was wondering if I should sub to BT Sports,having seen the cost I don't think I'll bother,too pricey. As others have said it really isn't better for the customer to have sport on more than one provider. I might just ring them up though and see if they'll do me a deal.
The joys of having an open system like satellite. Like it or not subscribing to BT Sports in this way there are no deals to be done, so no reductions to be had, as neither BT nor Sky will gain anything by you subscribing to both services.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote