Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Hyperoptic

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Hyperoptic

Old 19-09-2020, 17:54   #1
a01020304
cf.member

Services: 200mb Broadband
a01020304 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hyperoptic

I have received a letter from a company called Hyperoptic that says they want to install in my building.
I have never heard of them before and looking on review sites its less than favorable and there costs are pretty high same as virgin.
Has anyone experienced this company before?, are they genuine?, are they reliable?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200919_164836.jpg (450.1 KB, 39 views)
a01020304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-09-2020, 18:16   #2
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
Re: Hyperoptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by a01020304 View Post
I have received a letter from a company called Hyperoptic that says they want to install in my building.
I have never heard of them before and looking on review sites its less than favorable and there costs are pretty high same as virgin.
Has anyone experienced this company before?, are they genuine?, are they reliable?
A well known supplier of FTTP broadband. Well rated too.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/review/top10.php
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2020, 18:54   #3
Skie
a giant headend

Skie has reached the bronze age
Skie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze age

Plus symmetrical speeds so a fairly attractive proposition. I'd bite their hands off!
Skie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2020, 19:32   #4
djfunkdup
NoT 1oF tHe UsUaLSuSpeCtS

Services: Hyper-Optic 1Gig
djfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpackdjfunkdup has a very nice sixpack

I'm leaving VM in January all going well. HyperOptic are at the 'Fibre Ordered' stage and that usually takes from 3-6 mnths but they said the area should be connected by December and at the stage where customers can put in actual orders for service.

I'v been with Virgin since the 90's . First Virgin.net for Dial up then NTL for Broadband then VM So it's been a while with very little issues.But Symmetrical suits me to a tee with the increased upload so sorry to leave VM in a way but i'm not too emmotinal over it
djfunkdup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2020, 21:06   #5
a01020304
cf.member

Services: 200mb Broadband
a01020304 is an unknown quantity at this point

anyone know how they install their cables within a tower block? i ask this as virgin already is installed in my building and have a cabinate installed on 4th, 8th and 12th floor stairwell. so will it be a similar setup or is theirs completely different?

---------- Post added at 20:06 ---------- Previous post was at 20:06 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
A well known supplier of FTTP broadband. Well rated too.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/review/top10.php
but they still not exactly cheap, they are pretty much the same as virgin but less options available
a01020304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2020, 09:52   #6
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

tbh VM downloads speed are going to be taking off big time now that docsis 3.1 is being rolled out and you are going to struggle to find services where you can benefit from 1gbit+. The only thing which would encourage me to take up fibre atm would be a significantly increased upload speed but again you have got to ask yourself would you really benefit from it consistently? I would love 100mbits or even 1gbit up and whilst it would be amazing to see it going full whack the fact of the matter is that although I have stuff which would benefit from it, my connection would sit idle for 99% of the time so is all that extra cost for fibre justified?
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2020, 09:56   #7
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

One of the huge benefits of Hyperopic is the upload speed is the same as the download speed, so if the service proves reliable and the cost is similar then moving over to Hyperopic is a no brainer.
Old 20-09-2020, 10:18   #8
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
One of the huge benefits of Hyperopic is the upload speed is the same as the download speed, so if the service proves reliable and the cost is similar then moving over to Hyperopic is a no brainer.
That is where companies such as Hyperoptic have an advantage over the traditional ISP's.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2020, 12:13   #9
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

A shame people who live away from cities wont likely see them as an option.
Old 21-09-2020, 02:28   #10
oscarandjo
cf.member

oscarandjo is on a distinguished roadoscarandjo is on a distinguished road

I'm envious, I wish hyperoptic or another FTTH provider serviced my address.
oscarandjo is offline   Reply With Quote