Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Captchpa required all the time

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Captchpa required all the time

Old 29-08-2020, 20:35   #16
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
Re: Captchpa required all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I only have the problem on one particular site I use and to further compound the issue it always asks you everything twice. You click the pictures with e.g. boats in and click ok and then it makes you do it again. I noticed a link on the page which said something like "why am I seeing this" and I clicked on it and was redirected to another page. There was a load of blab about antivirus settings, malware and vpns and there was a link to a browser extension you can download from the google store which bypasses it. It is called privacy pass. I am not a huge fan of browser extensions but I installed it and it works a treat. You can read more here:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...jldioehi?hl=en
That sounds like a good solution GM. Have bookmarked it is 'just in case'. I hope it continues to work for you.
Old 29-08-2020, 21:01   #17
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I have signed up to about 15 job agencies, most have Captchua.

It is the biggest load of crap on the planet, as it uses US simplified English and asked for stuff that is impossible to see.
Old 30-08-2020, 08:52   #18
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2020, 15:45   #19
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

I keep getting Captchpa too.

It a PIA especially as it often does things like - clock on traffic lights - when it displays the crosswalk pictures.
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2020, 16:56   #20
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
I keep getting Captchpa too.

It a PIA especially as it often does things like - clock on traffic lights - when it displays the crosswalk pictures.
As the General has said, privacy pass works. The ony problem for most of you is that it only works presently with Chrome and Firefox browsers and you all use neither.

Edge, IE, Safari and others really need to catch up on this.

Being a FF user I did this the first time it occurred, it is very rare I need to complete an hcaptcha now.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2020, 17:31   #21
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
As the General has said, privacy pass works. The ony problem for most of you is that it only works presently with Chrome and Firefox browsers and you all use neither.
IE and Edge users should have received a notification ages ago to upgrade to Chromium which is the new MS Edge browser based on Chrome. The extension works fine on that and it is what I am using.
Old 30-08-2020, 18:33   #22
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
IE and Edge users should have received a notification ages ago to upgrade to Chromium which is the new MS Edge browser based on Chrome. The extension works fine on that and it is what I am using.
Not being an MS Edge user I didn't know that.
Old 31-08-2020, 08:12   #23
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

I use FireFox and do NOT use a VPN.

Installed Privacy Pass extension and see no reduction in the Captchpa prompts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post

Edge, IE, Safari and others really need to catch up on this.

Being a FF user I did this the first time it occurred, it is very rare I need to complete an hcaptcha now.
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 13:12   #24
ileikcaek
cf.addict

ileikcaek has disabled reputation

I am getting captchas with quite a regularity recently too, it's getting really annoying. I'm not using a VPN when it happens.
ileikcaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 11:27   #25
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Are any of you using any kind of adblocking or privacy enhancing extensions? Noscript/Ghostscript?
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 13:02   #26
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
Are any of you using any kind of adblocking or privacy enhancing extensions? Noscript/Ghostscript?

I'm using an ad blocker on firefox.

Why would this matter?
Old 06-09-2020, 13:59   #27
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post

Why would this matter?
I'm using adblock plus. Privacy pass works just fine.

If you click on the privacy pass icon it will tell you how many passes you have.

Last edited by pip08456; 06-09-2020 at 14:05.
Old 06-09-2020, 14:25   #28
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Why would this matter?
I only started having problems when i installed ad blocking software
Old 06-09-2020, 17:09   #29
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Quote:

Why would this matter?
It depends on what you're blocking and how you're blocking it. I use uBlock Origin with mostly default settings and that works fine, but if you start blanket blocking javascript on pages, etc. it can make things like CAPCHAs pop up more often.

CAPCHA, especially more recent versions of reCAPCHA work on a sort of scoring system. It's a little opaque with how it works but the gist is that your browsing habits give you a score and if the score falls below a certain number, you get to prove that you're human.

Theoretically, proving you're human should boost the score significantly but if you're seeing the prompt a lot, then it implies something is affecting your score. Unfortunately it's not the clearest how this is done at all, but things like blocking scripts could cause it.

To be clear, I hate ads a lot and I block everything I can, so I don't think it's specific to using an adblocker at all, but I think there's more to it. If your browser is out of date by a lot, or you've been fiddling with the user agent for whatever reason, that could be affecting it.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 17:23   #30
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
It depends on what you're blocking and how you're blocking it. I use uBlock Origin with mostly default settings and that works fine, but if you start blanket blocking javascript on pages, etc. it can make things like CAPCHAs pop up more often.

CAPCHA, especially more recent versions of reCAPCHA work on a sort of scoring system. It's a little opaque with how it works but the gist is that your browsing habits give you a score and if the score falls below a certain number, you get to prove that you're human.

Theoretically, proving you're human should boost the score significantly but if you're seeing the prompt a lot, then it implies something is affecting your score. Unfortunately it's not the clearest how this is done at all, but things like blocking scripts could cause it.

To be clear, I hate ads a lot and I block everything I can, so I don't think it's specific to using an adblocker at all, but I think there's more to it. If your browser is out of date by a lot, or you've been fiddling with the user agent for whatever reason, that could be affecting it.
I'm not sure about an adblocker or VPN affecting privacy pass. As I said I use AdBlock plus and quite often a VPN neither of which prevent privacy pass working. It is now a rarity when I see any captcha.