Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Only 8 Downstream channels, and getting 200Mbps, not the promised 400Mbps.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Only 8 Downstream channels, and getting 200Mbps, not the promised 400Mbps.

Old 17-07-2020, 16:24   #31
oscarandjo
cf.member

oscarandjo is on a distinguished roadoscarandjo is on a distinguished road
Re: Only 8 Downstream channels, and getting 200Mbps, not the promised 400Mbps.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll keep you up to date
oscarandjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-07-2020, 22:22   #32
broadbandking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media V6 XL TV - 1Gb Broadband
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array
broadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze arraybroadbandking has a bronze array

Try hitting up the VM forums as there is active VM staff there, bare in mind with the current situations a lot of VM departments are either working from home or are light on staff due to the 2m restrictions so things could take longer, not making excuses as you should have been contacted.
Old 28-07-2020, 22:51   #33
JMcB
cf.geek

Services: 2x 306Tivo Full TV with Movies & Sport 1000Mb BB Land Line Mobile Phone x2 (Sim Only)
JMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to JMcB

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I tried this when I was having speed problems and the email was delivered but didn't get read
JMcB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2020, 23:58   #34
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcB View Post
I tried this when I was having speed problems and the email was delivered but didn't get read
Not necessarily - Corporate email systems give the recipients the option to allow a read receipt to be sent, it’s not automatically generated.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2020, 11:46   #35
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Read receipts aren't an email standard, most email systems don't deal with them.

Same with email "recalls". It's stuff tacked onto exchange and less and less people with exchange use them.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 14:05   #36
oscarandjo
cf.member

Just got another response back to my letter asking for a Deadlock letter. It was a copy-paste message saying they have been unable to reach me. (I have no missed calls on my landline or mobile...)

They want me to just phone up the normal 0345 customer support number to talk to normal customer services...

Then if they do not hear from me again within 28 days they will shut the complaint.

This is absolutely infuriating, that was my fifth attempt to raise or get a response to my complaints. They didn't even send the letter of deadlock...

Is it possible to go to CISAS without a letter of deadlock?
Old 08-08-2020, 20:21   #37
newapollo
cf.addict

newapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarandjo View Post
Is it possible to go to CISAS without a letter of deadlock?
Yes you can

https://www.ombudsman-services.org/how-it-works/process

From section 5

Quote:
Escalating the complaint to us.
If you’ve received a deadlock letter, or if you’ve still not resolved the issue after eight weeks, you can bring your complaint to us.
newapollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 17:10   #38
oscarandjo
cf.member

CISAS have just written back to say my complaint has been accepted and Virgin Media have 10 working days to settle the complaint / make a written defence / submit an objection to CEDR on grounds of eligibility for adjudication.

I'm looking forward to having this finally resolved. I wish there were equivalent providers in my area as I'd leave this company in a heartbeat after this.
Old 04-09-2020, 17:21   #39
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

I'm glad this is getting somewhere.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2020, 02:26   #40
oscarandjo
cf.member

I'm happy to say that on the very last day of CISAS's deadline Virgin Media responded meeting my requests.

They have refunded the overcharges for the SIM Card, landline calls, and my postage expenses sending the multiple letters of complaint.

They have reduced my contract price by £13/month for the remaining 8 months of the contract, to £34/month.

They apologised and said "I feel this could have been dealt with in a timelier manner". Hmm, indeed...

In other news, some of my friends signed up to Virgin Media for a 12 month contract through an employee referral and have been put on an 18 month contract instead! They've not been able to get anyone from VM to pick up the phone. I don't envy their next 4 months :-)
Old 11-11-2020, 13:26   #41
oscarandjo
cf.member

I suppose Virgin Media sticking to their word for 2 months is too much to ask for.

Virgin has already ripped up the concessions they made in the CISAS complaint. They've raised the price from £34/month to £44/month, and cut my speeds from 200Mbps to 100Mbps.

Incredible... I'm still in contract for god's sake, they can't just increase the price and lower my speeds, surely?

This company is run by crooks.
Old 11-11-2020, 16:55   #42
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Perhaps raise this with WHICH, if you're a member.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 10:24   #43
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

It looks like whatever had been done to your account to honour the phone conversation has been flagged by the system as something like an accounting issue or package mismatch. It is annoying but I would give them the benefit of doubt atm. Rather than ringing up and getting nowhere with India I would go straight to writing a formal letter to get the matter resolved. There will be extensive notes on your account already so I would only briefly explain that you were offered something on the phone which turned out not to be the case and after no contact from them you had to go through CISAS. The problem was resolved however a month later you have received this letter which is unacceptable bla bla bla, you want the problem permanently rectified for the remainder of your contract or you will go back to CISAS and make a formal complaint to OFCOM and they need to rectify this by xxxx December 2020 . Give them 28 days notice allowing for a few days in the mail and send it recorded delivery so you know they have got it. Don't write it by hand and type it up on your computer so that you have got a copy and keep the postage receipt as proof of postage which will also have your tracking number on it. If you don't hear anything back from them then you can take it further and in your letter to CISAS when they ask for what you see as a suitable resolution (which they'll send to VM) you need say substantial financial contribution for the appalling customer service. You understand that honest and genuine mistakes do happen, which may have legitimately been the case in both the first and second time round, however their inability to resolve the matter and lack of communication is outrageous and you feel you should be compensated for this in addition to receiving the package you were offer on the phone. Tbh it would be nice if you just received your package at no cost for the first year, and I know they can and do do it.

Last edited by General Maximus; 12-11-2020 at 11:17.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 11:01   #44
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
<snip> you will go back to CISAS and make a formal complaint to OFCOM and they need to rectify this by xxxx December 2021 . Give them 28 days notice allowing for a few days in the mail<snip>.
Did you mean that?
Old 12-11-2020, 11:17   #45
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Well spotted. I blame coronavirus :p
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote