Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Batwoman

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

Batwoman

Old 15-01-2020, 20:00   #1
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
Batwoman

For those waiting for it to air here. Batwoman confirmed to air on E4
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-05-2020, 11:28   #2
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Batwoman

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/b...020-21-season/

Ruby Rose leaving the series which I think it is hilarious. Why on earth would you renew the series for a second season when you haven't got your lead actor secured in contract? We'll see if they go with a non-PC choice this time.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2020, 11:43   #3
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
Why on earth would you renew the series for a second season when you haven't got your lead actor secured in contract?
Not sure where they've said they didn't. AFAIK even for new shows, the actors are signed to multi-year deal out of gate.

Quote:
We'll see if they go with a non-PC choice this time.
From that article:

Quote:
and we — along with the show’s talented creative team — look forward to sharing its new direction, including the casting of a new lead actress and member of the LGBTQ community, in the coming months.
Old 20-05-2020, 13:59   #4
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

That's a shame and very surprising to me. I mostly enjoyed the show and it's going to be really strange started the second season with a different actress playing the role of Kate Kane. I wonder why they didn't have a mutli series contract for her?
Old 20-05-2020, 14:57   #5
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

One article I read mentioned that Ruby injured herself last year on another project. She may be leaving for health reasons.

Quote:
Last September, Rose shared (with a video) that she had months prior undergone emergency surgery after herniating two discs while performing stunts on an unspecified project. She said the injury came close to severing her spinal cord, leaving her in “chronic pain.”
https://tvline.com/2020/05/19/ruby-r...ason-2-recast/
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2020, 15:18   #6
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Ruby Rose leaving the series which I think it is hilarious. Why on earth would you renew the series for a second season when you haven't got your lead actor secured in contract?
True, but does anyone still care ? Its been bleeding viewers.
Its ratings have fallen pretty much every week, almost to 1/3 of when it started.

Quote:
We'll see if they go with a non-PC choice this time.
They wont, and thats one of its problems.
Like most people I soon got bored of the same thing, PC Plugs & BW v Alice.

It seemed more interested in promoting "I'm a lesbain" every week, rather than any good storylines.
I'm sure a minority love that, but you need to please the majority to get & keep major viewing figures

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2020, 15:41   #7
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
True, but does anyone still care ? Its been bleeding viewers.
Its ratings have fallen pretty much every week, almost to 1/3 of when it started.
Its still high for them.

Quote:
The first season of Batwoman wrapped on Sunday night and averaged a 0.26 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 995,000 viewers. Compared to other 2019-20 CW TV shows, Batwoman ranks fourth in the 18-49 demographic (out of 19 series) and third in overall viewers.
Old 20-05-2020, 16:31   #8
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Average is misleading.
It only has a high average because if its early figures, and its crisis episode.
Its fell away since then, and hasnt had anything like 995,000 viewers (or 0.26) for any episodes in 2020.

(Which is more than half its season, even after that season got cut short).

Old 21-05-2020, 10:58   #9
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
That's a shame and very surprising to me.
https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/bat...it-1234612077/

Quote:
According to multiple sources, Rose was unhappy with the long hours required of her as the series lead, which led to friction on the set. It was thus decided by her and the network and studio, Warner Bros. Television, that they would part ways.

Quote:
Average is misleading.
It only has a high average because if its early figures, and its crisis episode.
Its fell away since then, and hasnt had anything like 995,000 viewers (or 0.26) for any episodes in 2020.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
From that article:
Quote:
and we — along with the show’s talented creative team — look forward to sharing its new direction, including the casting of a new lead actress and member of the LGBTQ community, in the coming months.
It's not clear whether they have got new show runners or not. When your ratings tank you can't keep going on as you have been and preaching every week, we get enough of that in Supergirl. It is a superhero series attributed to one of the most biggest and bad ass superheroes of all time so first and foremost you need to ensure you have got a quality series and then you can incorporate other messages once you have got that solid foundation.

Last edited by General Maximus; 21-05-2020 at 11:13.
Old 03-06-2020, 16:15   #10
General Maximus
Ran Away

They are not looking to recast the role of Kate Kane which is interesting. I hope they come up with a realistic and plausible role for her departure in the series if they intend to introduce a completely new character to take the reins

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/b...ose-character/
Old 03-06-2020, 16:55   #11
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
She’s also nothing like Kate Kane ......
Except of course she just happens to be lesbian as well.
What are the odds eh ? I'm pretty sure its all the show cares about.
It got boring and preachy in series 1, and sounds like more of the same.

I pretty much gave up on season 1, only watched the last few because there was not much else left to watch.
I'll view the first episode (or two ?) of season 2, just to see how they explain it, after that, I will likely be giving up.

Old 03-06-2020, 20:28   #12
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Quote:
Except of course she just happens to be lesbian as well.
What are the odds eh ? I'm pretty sure its all the show cares about.
It got boring and preachy in series 1, and sounds like more of the same.

I pretty much gave up on season 1, only watched the last few because there was not much else left to watch.
I'll view the first episode (or two ?) of season 2, just to see how they explain it, after that, I will likely be giving up.
I have an idea I'll be doing the same as you.
Old 03-06-2020, 20:35   #13
General Maximus
Ran Away

I haven't watched any yet and I doubt I will. I am getting fed up of DC doing quantity over quality when it comes to the series. I am giving Stargirl one more ep and then I am going to knock it on the head, Pat and the son do my head in.
Old 03-06-2020, 22:19   #14
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Quote:
I haven't watched any yet and I doubt I will. I am getting fed up of DC doing quantity over quality when it comes to the series. I am giving Stargirl one more ep and then I am going to knock it on the head, Pat and the son do my head in.
This may/may not help you but I find Stargirl preferable to Batwoman. So far I'm willing to give it a couple more episodes to see how it develops. If after 4 it hasn't grabbed me then I'll ditch it.

I had high hopes for Ruby Rose after her performance in Dark Matter but it wasn't to be with Batwoman.
Old 03-06-2020, 22:38   #15
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

I didn't know she had been in Dark Matter. Good to know, ta.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote