Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

Old 26-09-2020, 13:18   #1201
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

One thing that should help get Disney + to VM when the Sky deal expires is that O2 UK has exclusive mobile rights to Disney +. And VM UK and O2 should be merging next year.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-09-2020, 14:01   #1202
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
One thing that should help get Disney + to VM when the Sky deal expires is that O2 UK has exclusive mobile rights to Disney +. And VM UK and O2 should be merging next year.
l like your positivity.
Old 26-09-2020, 18:50   #1203
paul0363
cf.member

paul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nice

Looks like something may be happening with Disney+:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/vir...dia-TV360-apps

"
How do I use my apps on the Virgin Media TV 360 box?
Love your TV apps?

You’ll find a huge selection of built in apps such as YouTube, Netflix, BBC iPlayer, as well as lots of interactive games for the family. All of which are available to watch on demand for customers with Maxit TV.

Plenty more popular apps such as Amazon Prime and Disney Plus are also available, keeping the whole household happy."

I have the 360 and no DIsney Plus yet!!
paul0363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2020, 18:57   #1204
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul0363 View Post
Looks like something may be happening with Disney+:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/vir...dia-TV360-apps

"
How do I use my apps on the Virgin Media TV 360 box?
Love your TV apps?

You’ll find a huge selection of built in apps such as YouTube, Netflix, BBC iPlayer, as well as lots of interactive games for the family. All of which are available to watch on demand for customers with Maxit TV.

Plenty more popular apps such as Amazon Prime and Disney Plus are also available, keeping the whole household happy."

I have the 360 and no DIsney Plus yet!!
Nice looking box though but D+ is not going to be on it as far as i'm aware, as i said i will check in office Monday see if any info comes in.

For those who don't know i work for a company who finalises deals for various content providers .
Old 26-09-2020, 19:54   #1205
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701-e View Post
Biased right wing nonsense no doubt

As opposed to the left wing Remoaner BBC
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2020, 20:58   #1206
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701-e View Post
Biased right wing nonsense no doubt

Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2020, 02:44   #1207
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
As opposed to the left wing Remoaner BBC
yawn. no politics talk here. we all have our views and opinions but lets try to make this.....about changes to virgin media tv so we all keep the peace and the mods are happy

how far in advance did we know amazon prime app was coming to virgin media? it would seem disney would want skyQ and virgin media to get the app on their boxes as a result of removing the channel?
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2020, 10:26   #1208
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
yawn. no politics talk here. we all have our views and opinions but lets try to make this.....about changes to virgin media tv so we all keep the peace and the mods are happy

how far in advance did we know amazon prime app was coming to virgin media? it would seem disney would want skyQ and virgin media to get the app on their boxes as a result of removing the channel?
I would be a little surprised if Disney+ did not arrive on 1 October. VM were reported to be in discussions with them since just before it was launched on Sky. The removal of the Disney channels on both platforms would appear to be a good reason to set Virgin’s launch date as 1 October.

This could be quite a day if we get the Sky deal launched at the same time.

I’m still not convinced that the UKTV deal has been activated yet. Did anyone notice any difference?
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2020, 12:44   #1209
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I would be a little surprised if Disney+ did not arrive on 1 October. VM were reported to be in discussions with them since just before it was launched on Sky. The removal of the Disney channels on both platforms would appear to be a good reason to set Virgin’s launch date as 1 October.

This could be quite a day if we get the Sky deal launched at the same time.

I’m still not convinced that the UKTV deal has been activated yet. Did anyone notice any difference?
It is not going to launch on October the 1st on VM, by your logic D+ should also launch on Youview boxes on that date too which simply will not happen.
SKY have the tv provider exclusive rights i'll try and find out how long that is for tomorrow in work, and o2 have exclusive mobile provider rights.
Old 27-09-2020, 14:32   #1210
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
It is not going to launch on October the 1st on VM, by your logic D+ should also launch on Youview boxes on that date too which simply will not happen.
SKY have the tv provider exclusive rights i'll try and find out how long that is for tomorrow in work, and o2 have exclusive mobile provider rights.
I don’t see how Youview relates to Virgin Media, to be honest.

I thought I had read that Sky did not get exclusive rights to Disney +. There is no reason, to my knowledge, why the app could not appear on Virgin boxes. I think I am right in saying that it was only the integration of Disney+ on Sky Q boxes that was exclusive.
Old 27-09-2020, 14:50   #1211
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

I think Sky's exclusive rights were for them to act as agents to sell with their tv service - nothing to do with which devices could carry it.

I went direct to Disney+ for my subscription as it was far cheaper at the time.
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2020, 17:49   #1212
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I think we will get it long before then.
Old 27-09-2020, 18:33   #1213
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I don’t see how Youview relates to Virgin Media, to be honest.

I thought I had read that Sky did not get exclusive rights to Disney +. There is no reason, to my knowledge, why the app could not appear on Virgin boxes. I think I am right in saying that it was only the integration of Disney+ on Sky Q boxes that was exclusive.
Because youview is the platform BT,Plusnet, Talktalk use so by your logic as Disney channels are closing D+ must be coming to VM therefore Youview too right?

---------- Post added at 18:32 ---------- Previous post was at 18:31 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
I think Sky's exclusive rights were for them to act as agents to sell with their tv service - nothing to do with which devices could carry it.

I went direct to Disney+ for my subscription as it was far cheaper at the time.
Also easier to cancel via D+ direct no need to phone SKY, although tbf to SKY when i've phoned i've not had to wait too long in queues.

---------- Post added at 18:33 ---------- Previous post was at 18:32 ----------

Quote:
I hope i can bring good news tomorrow fingers crossed something is on the system regarding D+
Old 27-09-2020, 20:08   #1214
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
Because youview is the platform BT,Plusnet, Talktalk use so by your logic as Disney channels are closing D+ must be coming to VM therefore Youview too right?
It would be logical, but it ain’t necessarily so. VM are in separate negotiations.
Old 27-09-2020, 20:22   #1215
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Having seen this subsequent post to mine in which Disney + was mentioned in the blurb for the TV 360 box, I agree.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote