Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

Old 12-06-2020, 22:36   #796
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishSteve View Post
The EPG has updated this evening and the schedule still continues after that date.

Fingers crossed we have another exclusive channel.
They may just autofill it using the SD version's schedule data. Maybe they'll go the other way and axe the SD version on VM.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-06-2020, 00:02   #797
locutus1974
cf.member

Services: virginmedia TV XL,1 tb tivo, v box in another room, Phone Large, BB large (30) pay as u go mobil
locutus1974 is on a distinguished roadlocutus1974 is on a distinguished road

Anyone had a look through the My5 app? had a good look at it and the Pluto TV stuff thats in there as well as the Paramount tv pbs and a few other channels looks good. Doesnt look like a full integration of pluto tv though
locutus1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2020, 02:35   #798
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus1974 View Post
Anyone had a look through the My5 app? had a good look at it and the Pluto TV stuff thats in there as well as the Paramount tv pbs and a few other channels looks good. Doesnt look like a full integration of pluto tv though
MY5 only has a couple of Plutotv channels on it anyway, if/when Pluto tv comes to the v6 it will be it's own app.
Old 13-06-2020, 23:18   #799
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

​There are going to be three satellite feeds for Pick. Pick SD, Pick HD and Pick alternate.

Apparently, Pick HD & SD will show the FTA football and Pick alternate will be used for the ROI where the football won't be shown on it (this will show 'Caught on Dashcam' instead).

Cheeky Angus and I think that VM will show the Sky Sports feed on channel 100 when the free football is on. I assume that this will be in HD as those wanting to watch it in SD could do so on Pick.

I wonder if VM Ireland will have to temporarily swap their feed to Pick alternate??

Just to confuse matters even more, it's been said that the FTA football will also be shown on the encrypted Sky One! Will VM have to temporarily black out Sky One in the ROI when the football is on!?

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 13-06-2020 at 23:22.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2020, 23:38   #800
reddog
cf.member

reddog is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
​There are going to be three satellite feeds for Pick. Pick SD, Pick HD and Pick alternate.

Apparently, Pick HD & SD will show the FTA football and Pick alternate will be used for the ROI where the football won't be shown on it (this will show 'Caught on Dashcam' instead).

Cheeky Angus and I think that VM will show the Sky Sports feed on channel 100 when the free football is on. I assume that this will be in HD as those wanting to watch it in SD could do so on Pick.

I wonder if VM Ireland will have to temporarily swap their feed to Pick alternate??

Just to confuse matters even more, it's been said that the FTA football will also be shown on the encrypted Sky One! Will VM have to temporarily black out Sky One in the ROI when the football is on!?
Sky are showing the FTA games on pick in Ireland as well.
reddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2020, 08:20   #801
johnasimmons
cf.mega poster

Services: 500mb, Full House (with Sky Sports & Movies, BT Sports and ViaPlay), 1 TiVo, 1 V6, iPhone 14 Pro Max
johnasimmons has reached the bronze age
johnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze age

I know the V6 has had Prime Video a while but I have noticed this: on the TiVo - on demand - box sets - tv players - and there is a functioning Prime Video app...

Last edited by johnasimmons; 14-06-2020 at 08:24.
johnasimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2020, 08:47   #802
biddy
cf.member

biddy is an unknown quantity at this point

I checked out All4 yesterday and it's not got all the content. I specifically went looking for Scrubs and it tells you to watch it on a PC or Mobile.
biddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2020, 08:58   #803
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post

If the games are on Sky One HD why would Virgin do anything?
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2020, 09:24   #804
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
If the games are on Sky One HD why would Virgin do anything?
Well Sky1 HD isn't on all TV tiers and Pick HD existing is clearly to allow a wider audience to watch in HD. So VM either need to allow Pick HD on their platform or have a temporary Free period, say on Channel 100 like they often do for events, for any HD channel of Sky's when the matches are on.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2020, 09:35   #805
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Well Sky1 HD isn't on all TV tiers and Pick HD existing is clearly to allow a wider audience to watch in HD. So VM either need to allow Pick HD on their platform or have a temporary Free period, say on Channel 100 like they often do for events, for any HD channel of Sky's when the matches are on.
I get that, I just don’t know why Virgin would bother? Those interested in HD, or just football, probably have whatever they call TV XL these days anyway.

Those below could make do with SD. That’s all that’d be on freeview anyway.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2020, 01:50   #806
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by biddy View Post
I checked out All4 yesterday and it's not got all the content. I specifically went looking for Scrubs and it tells you to watch it on a PC or Mobile.
i know! people keep saying stuff about its not fully integrated yet but if we now have the web app....whats missing?!?
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2020, 06:38   #807
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
i know! people keep saying stuff about its not fully integrated yet but if we now have the web app....whats missing?!?
ER is missing, too. Both ER and Scrubs are featured in Virgin’s All 4 Press Release
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2020, 07:34   #808
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

ER is missing on the Sky version. It is normal for the different platforms to have different rights.

The channels provide a list of available and unavailable platforms and it often highlights that selected programmes are available by one version only (like Freeview) and all versions expect one (say mobile download).

ITV have to block some of their stuff on Amazon only.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2020, 09:11   #809
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
ER is missing, too. Both ER and Scrubs are featured in Virgin’s All 4 Press Release
You could report it to the 4Viewers team:

https://www.channel4.com/4viewers/contact-us

It seems odd that programmes specifically mentioned in VM's press release would be missing.
SonicMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2020, 22:15   #810
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
You could report it to the 4Viewers team:

https://www.channel4.com/4viewers/contact-us

It seems odd that programmes specifically mentioned in VM's press release would be missing.
ive contacted them. just seems nonsencial to have so much missing
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote