Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)
Closed Thread

Old 20-01-2018, 12:25   #211
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
SKY Atlantic is not going to be on VM, the article clearly states it will be on BT TV via the nowtv platform and there are no plans to launch Atlantic or Nowtv on the virgin media platform.
The article also states VM will not be getting amc either BT want to keep AMC as a exclusive.
Credit to GS1 on Dspy for the link and info. http://www.seenit.co.uk/what-sky-and...means-for-you/
Quote:
there are “currently” no plans for this to happen.
Taken from the article you posted mate, doesn't mean that it won't come!
Advertisement
Old 20-01-2018, 12:28   #212
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
SKY Atlantic is not going to be on VM, the article clearly states it will be on BT TV via the nowtv platform and there are no plans to launch Atlantic or Nowtv on the virgin media platform.
The article also states VM will not be getting amc either BT want to keep AMC as a exclusive.
Credit to GS1 on Dspy for the link and info. http://www.seenit.co.uk/what-sky-and...means-for-you/
SKY Atlantic celebrates its 7th birthday next month. Incredible SKY have kept it an exclusive for so long.
Old 20-01-2018, 12:40   #213
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
l would not read anything into that.
Old 20-01-2018, 13:40   #214
mhatter67

Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
SKY Atlantic celebrates its 7th birthday next month. Incredible SKY have kept it an exclusive for so long.
Wow the series on Netflix blow Sky Atlantic out of the water, New Star Trek, Gotham, Black Mirror to name just a few and no ad breaks!!!!

So I think we are obsessed on this forum with this channel and there is much better content out there to view

Old 20-01-2018, 13:42   #215
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
I agree, Max. I saw this article at the time, and took that view.

It could go either way, but the fact that Sky is now allowing BT to have SA through Now TV on their boxes has let the genie out of the bottle. I would have thought that Virgin Media would be able to negotiate a deal with Sky by 2019.

As for AMC, assuming that BT value the wholesale deal with VM, it may be possible to hold out for that channel in the forthcoming negotiations.
Old 20-01-2018, 13:47   #216
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
I honestly hope you guys on vm get both Atlantic and AMC mate.
IMO though VM probably haven't done themselves any favours by crying to ofcom constantly about BT and SKY, however if BT and SKY can kiss and make up then anything is possible.
I'll keep you all updated if i get any further news etc.

---------- Post added at 13:47 ---------- Previous post was at 13:45 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhatter67 View Post
Wow the series on Netflix blow Sky Atlantic out of the water, New Star Trek, Gotham, Black Mirror to name just a few and no ad breaks!!!!

So I think we are obsessed on this forum with this channel and there is much better content out there to view
Spot on but Atlantic does have great shows too such as Game of thrones, pretty little lies, Ray Donovan etc.
But i agree with you content wise Netflix is better imo, as for adverts on Netflix Netflix have already hinted that they may be coming.
Old 20-01-2018, 14:00   #217
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
I honestly hope you guys on vm get both Atlantic and AMC mate.
IMO though VM probably haven't done themselves any favours by crying to ofcom constantly about BT and SKY, however if BT and SKY can kiss and make up then anything is possible.
I'll keep you all updated if i get any further news etc.

---------- Post added at 13:47 ---------- Previous post was at 13:45 ----------

Spot on but Atlantic does have great shows too such as Game of thrones, pretty little lies, Ray Donovan etc.
But i agree with you content wise Netflix is better imo, as for adverts on Netflix Netflix have already hinted that they may be coming.
If that is the case, there should be an option. Pay a lower level subscription and get ads.

If they add commercials to interrupt their programming on Netflix, I may well decide to stop subscribing. Better to pay more and have no ads, in my opinion.

The CEO previously said there would never be commercials on Netflix. What has changed?

---------- Post added at 13:57 ---------- Previous post was at 13:55 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
What he is saying is that On Demand does not use your broadband on Virgin Media as it comes down the TV part of the connection, not the broadband part.
That is correct.

---------- Post added at 14:00 ---------- Previous post was at 13:57 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
No he said about restrictions on data usage hence my reply.
Yes, if you have a limit on your data usage, you are not going to want to use on demand too often if you have Sky.

However, I agree that most people with Sky Q probably don't have a package with such restrictions (but that's just guesswork).
Old 20-01-2018, 20:33   #218
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

On 06/02/18 True Crime will rename to Sony Crime Channel.

no idea if this channel is on vm but a heads up just incase.
Credit to DJrich on ds.
Old 20-01-2018, 22:16   #219
Aguero9320
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q, Netflix, Prime, Disney+, Paramount+, Apple TV+
Aguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really nice

Quote:
On 06/02/18 True Crime will rename to Sony Crime Channel.

no idea if this channel is on vm but a heads up just incase.
Credit to DJrich on ds.
In response to your question, One, Sony Crime WILL be on VM channel 193 from launch.

http://www.a516digital.com/2018/01/s...rue-crime.html
Old 20-01-2018, 22:28   #220
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguero9320 View Post
In response to your question, One, Sony Crime WILL be on VM channel 193 from launch.

http://www.a516digital.com/2018/01/s...rue-crime.html
Thanks.
Old 20-01-2018, 22:57   #221
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Given broadcasters usually try to keep EPG places as theybare valuable I'm a bit confused by the logic of replacing Sony Channel with Sony Crime Channel on Sky. They would be giving up the True Crime slots. True Crime isn't on Virgin Media so there's no slot to give up.

I thought when Sony bought TruTV in the UK they would eventually get rid of True Crime or TruTV as they are basically the same type of channel. Closing Sony Channel and True Crime and replacing with a combination of the two is equivalent of closing a channel.
Old 21-01-2018, 06:15   #222
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Given broadcasters usually try to keep EPG places as theybare valuable I'm a bit confused by the logic of replacing Sony Channel with Sony Crime Channel on Sky. They would be giving up the True Crime slots. True Crime isn't on Virgin Media so there's no slot to give up.

I thought when Sony bought TruTV in the UK they would eventually get rid of True Crime or TruTV as they are basically the same type of channel. Closing Sony Channel and True Crime and replacing with a combination of the two is equivalent of closing a channel.
The current True Crime (not available on VM) will continue as Sony Crime Channel 2.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 21-01-2018 at 06:28.
Old 21-01-2018, 14:37   #223
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Another user spotted this recently but no one commented so thought I'd bring it up again if anyone has any further information:

http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tv/v6.html

Near the end of the page it states:

'Interested in our Virgin TV V6 box? If you haven’t got one yet, something exciting is just around the corner. Sit tight – we’ll be getting in touch with our TV bundle customers from February.'

Any ideas?
Old 21-01-2018, 15:48   #224
houghton1986
Inactive

Services: vip package
houghton1986 is an unknown quantity at this point

Very interesting this hope it’s something good love the v6 it’s just lacking more 4K content for me
Old 21-01-2018, 16:20   #225
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
Another user spotted this recently but no one commented so thought I'd bring it up again if anyone has any further information:

http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tv/v6.html

Near the end of the page it states:

'Interested in our Virgin TV V6 box? If you haven’t got one yet, something exciting is just around the corner. Sit tight – we’ll be getting in touch with our TV bundle customers from February.'

Any ideas?
Winter Olympics in UHD? Amazon at last?

I am sure we could come up with a wish list!
Closed Thread