Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media field tech Phone Interview/questions

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Virgin Media field tech Phone Interview/questions

Old 18-02-2013, 02:50   #1
jay_g
Inactive

jay_g is an unknown quantity at this point
Virgin Media field tech Phone Interview/questions

Hi guys

I tried searching, but I couldnt find anything recent!

Virgin finally have a vacancy in my town! (after being told many times I live too far =[!), I put in for it, and now I have a phone interview this week! Its direct for them.

What can I expect? I guess it is customer service based? Has anyone done it recently? Any help will be appreciated massively!

The job isn't a problem for me. Im a telecomms tech as it is, mainly dealing with CAT5/6 and phones, and dabble in some coax for broadband/TV occasionally, and I do work for BT as a subbie, but I know they train you fully though (I guess me doing a similar job already must be a great advantage surely? I can use toners,test equipment,signal meters etc

Few questions if you would please guys!

Is the job repairs/installs or both? Last time I heard, inhouse was repairs/service, and subbies were installs. All may of changed of course!
What vans do they use now (doesn't bother me, intresting to know!)
What is a "normal" working week? In terms of days, hours

Thanks alot guys
jay_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-02-2013, 09:53   #2
Mr Banana

Re: Virgin Media field tech Phone Interview/questions

I posted this elsewhere, it may help

http://careers.virginmedia.com/about...on-values.html

My mates a tech in Nottingham so might be different in other areas, this is what he does

It's both installs and service, vans are a transit and hours depend on shift patterns, I think some do 10 hours 4 days per week and some do 7.5 for 5 days a week. There is a rota pattern and Saturday working is included.they have also introduced Sunday working but that is voluntary and on double time.
Old 21-02-2013, 11:45   #3
jay_g
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top banana View Post
I posted this elsewhere, it may help

http://careers.virginmedia.com/about...on-values.html

My mates a tech in Nottingham so might be different in other areas, this is what he does

It's both installs and service, vans are a transit and hours depend on shift patterns, I think some do 10 hours 4 days per week and some do 7.5 for 5 days a week. There is a rota pattern and Saturday working is included.they have also introduced Sunday working but that is voluntary and on double time.
Thanks a lot mate I really appreciate that!! Thanks for the detailed reply

Just hope someone can help with the telephone interview now as its tomorrow ARGH
Old 17-03-2013, 13:32   #4
jay_g
Inactive

Just to let people know, I passed the interview (let me know the next working day! Very fast), but couldn't make the assessment date due to a family funeral just waiting for them to give me anothee
Old 02-07-2018, 18:17   #5
imran-ali
Inactive

imran-ali is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay_g View Post
Just to let people know, I passed the interview (let me know the next working day! Very fast), but couldn't make the assessment date due to a family funeral just waiting for them to give me anothee
I have got phone interview this week for field service technician, any tips you could give me please?
imran-ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 14:35   #6
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

With telephone interviews they usually last between 15-40 minutes, I would assume that you will be asked several competency questions in order to establish whether you would be suitable for the job a good interviewer should make you feel relaxed and this should put you at ease try and not stress. Remember a lot of the questions will more than likely be common sense.

They'll want to know things about your former work experience. Read up on the Virgin values and current projects.

They will more than likely ask you - Why you want to work for Virgin Media as a Field technician?

They may ask about a difficult customer and how you would handle it.

If you have experience of this say when you've had where you've had to deal with a difficult and upset customer.

They may give you a scenario of example you're late to a customer's house because your earlier jobs have ran over the time allocated then when you couldn't think anything else could go wrong you then found yourself stuck in a traffic jam which made you even more late for your next customer.

How would you approach a situation like this you could say that you work well under pressure and you would, for example, call the customer with an apology and ETA. Then on entering the customers home you would apologise again and explain why you're late.

If you called the customer to give a new ETA and were put through to voicemail you could say that you would then leave them a message with an ETA plus an apology then once you arrive at the customer's home apologise again and explain why you're late.

When you do eventually arrive at your customer's house where they are still upset and angry because you're late. Again you would explain why and offer another apology then you would let your supervisor or manager know that you had an upset customer and explain your situation.

When I worked in Sainsburys we were told that while all customers are important it is the customer that your serving at the time is the most important customer but VM may be different.