Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Anyone in Norwich on UBR7 having issues tonight

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

why is my internet barely working at 2am?

Old 09-02-2008, 02:02   #1
street
Inactive

street is an unknown quantity at this point
why is my internet barely working at 2am?

Its so frustrating why wont it work! webpages taking minutes to load a 50mb file taking hours to download im on 4mg and get this...

Downstream Receive Power Level : -4.00 dBmv
Downstream SNR : 20.75 dB
Upstream Transmit Power Level : 52.25 dBmv

speedtest comes back as... *waits 5 minutes for speedtest.net to load*...well i cant tell you as it doesnt even get past the ping stage why am i paying £25 a month for this?

so why aint it working? plz sumbody help me.... its been in this state for weeks...
street is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-02-2008, 02:22   #2
Keane
Inactive

Services: NTL Digital, NTL 10MB Broadband, NTL Phone.
Keane is on a distinguished roadKeane is on a distinguished road
Re: why is my internet barely working at 2am?

Typically any upgrades that could cause a loss of service, or seriously impact the service is left until around this time of the night. It's possible some sort of maintainance is being done and that's affecting your connection.
Keane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 09:38   #3
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by street View Post

so why aint it working? plz sumbody help me.... its been in this state for weeks...
Your SNR is far too low. You need to get a tech out to look at it.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 10:48   #4
eddcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by street View Post
Its so frustrating why wont it work! webpages taking minutes to load a 50mb file taking hours to download im on 4mg and get this...

Downstream Receive Power Level : -4.00 dBmv
Upstream Transmit Power Level : 52.25 dBmv

speedtest comes back as... *waits 5 minutes for speedtest.net to load*...well i cant tell you as it doesnt even get past the ping stage why am i paying £25 a month for this?

Have you asked VM why your service isn't good at the moment?