Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Updated: Boris resigns as party leader

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Updated: Boris resigns as party leader
Closed Thread

Old 21-01-2022, 15:20   #826
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: All those No.10 lockdown parties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
This topic is becoming a farce. Look, when I started this poll, I actually voted he should go, but now I don’t. I get there is angry people out there, who sacrificed last minute chances go be with loved ones and many lies have been told by No. 10. But I actually think there is many people out there, who now don’t care, millions of people broke lockdown rules, and I’m convinced on here, there is quite a few of you who perhaps didn’t stick to them either.
False equivalence. The public didn't make those rules.

Saving Johnson hands Starmer the keys to No. 10.
Advertisement
Old 21-01-2022, 15:29   #827
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Sorry but I actually think the media have been pathetic here. How long have they sat on that Reynolds Email, too many gotcha moments. Sure Johnson and the No. 10 cabal, are clearly guilty of several misdemeanours, Starmer also breaking the rules too, having a beer with a colleague is not working in my eyes. If I started drinking on shift, while working I’d be sacked for gross misconduct, but I think there is a time and place to deal with this and I don’t think it’s during the potential prospect of a devastating war.
I don't think the media sat on it. Whoever leaked to them did.

As for there being a time and place to deal with it well it came to light now. So they have to deal with it. There is always going to be something else going on and the Government have to be able to deal with it. Johnson could have dealt with this last month if he was honest instead of lying. That dishonesty is probably more damaging for him that the party accusations themselves.

---------- Post added at 15:29 ---------- Previous post was at 15:27 ----------

Quote:
This topic is becoming a farce. Look, when I started this poll, I actually voted he should go, but now I don’t. I get there is angry people out there, who sacrificed last minute chances go be with loved ones and many lies have been told by No. 10. But I actually think there is many people out there, who now don’t care, millions of people broke lockdown rules, and I’m convinced on here, there is quite a few of you who perhaps didn’t stick to them either.
And the ones who were caught doing it were fined due to laws passed by the guy who broke them.
Old 21-01-2022, 16:06   #828
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I don't think the media sat on it. Whoever leaked to them did.
Yes, I don't think ITV would have sat on it for fear of someone else getting to the story first.
Old 21-01-2022, 16:07   #829
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

I'd estimate 80% of the public don't give two hoots and are already fed up with hearing about it.

They'd be much more annoyed if they lost their evening TV viewing for a couple of hours . . . that's what they care about
Old 21-01-2022, 16:27   #830
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
As for there being a time and place to deal with it well it came to light now. So they have to deal with it. There is always going to be something else going on and the Government have to be able to deal with it. Johnson could have dealt with this last month if he was honest instead of lying. That dishonesty is probably more damaging for him that the party accusations themselves..
Spot on. I think if he said he'd been under a lot of pressure sorting out Covid and had made an error of judgment then he would have got a far better reception. Instead it's been a long drawn-out process without a proper apology or independent investigation.

Seeing him more alert on PMQs on Wednesday than in the Sky News Beth Rigby interview, I wondered if the latter was an act so he could surprise Starmer at PMQs?
Old 21-01-2022, 16:37   #831
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post

As bad as Boris has been, he’s never been my favourite but I could never vote for Labour for many reasons. Racism and Antisemitic tendencies, sure Starmer has done cleanup, but he was propping up Corbyn when he was leader and it was all going on. Labour lies that led to an illegal war in Iraq and million dying, it was the biggest foreign affairs disaster they ever undertook.

But I have to say, just look at this poll….(I know, I do not like polling)

But this is truly Devastating for Starmer, with all the flack going on with Johnson, many people still could never vote for Labour and I’m in that camp.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 86EB16D4-2932-40DC-9026-D88C767C0943.jpeg (158.5 KB, 64 views)
Old 21-01-2022, 16:42   #832
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
As bad as Boris has been, he’s never been my favourite but I could never vote for Labour for many reasons. Racism and Antisemitic tendencies, sure Starmer has done cleanup, but he was propping up Corbyn when he was leader and it was all going on. Labour lies that led to an illegal war in Iraq and million dying, it was the biggest foreign affairs disaster they ever undertook.

But this is truly Devastating for Starmer, with all the flack going on with Johnson, many people still could never vote for Labour and I’m in that camp.
That's an online Twitter poll from GB News.

Here is a proper, weighted, poll of a broad cross section of the public:https://twitter.com/BritainElects/st...52509838565377

Quote:
LAB: 43% (+3)
CON: 33% (-1)
LDEM: 10% (+2)
GRN: 3% (-1)
These numbers are extremely soft but I am willing to bet you that more than 9% of voters will back Labour at the next election.
Old 21-01-2022, 16:46   #833
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
A Twitter survey on a to the right of politics news channel. That's a self selecting poll if ever I saw one!
Old 21-01-2022, 16:53   #834
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
A Twitter survey on a to the right of politics news channel. That's a self selecting poll if ever I saw one!
Just like polls conducted on Channel4, BBC, Guardian... they are all skewed either way because of the bias they hold and GB News is not right wing by the way. Sure they have some biased presenters but no different to the above mentioned channels so your point is moot.
Old 21-01-2022, 16:55   #835
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Completely irrelevant, it makes no difference who made the rules.

Unless of course you are now saying its fine to break any law or rule, as long as you are not the person who made that law/rule.

Baby, I was born this way.
Old 21-01-2022, 16:57   #836
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
That's an online Twitter poll from GB News.

Here is a proper, weighted, poll of a broad cross section of the public:https://twitter.com/BritainElects/st...52509838565377

These numbers are extremely soft but I am willing to bet you that more than 9% of voters will back Labour at the next election.
I've said many times polls can be wrong and have been wrong in the past - sure GB News poll is off from normal polling but you are conveniently missing the point that Labour are unelectable to many many people, despite the issues with the Tory party, millions will never vote for them and I am in that camp. Keir Starmer has zero charisma and plus of the issues of propping up a leader with Anti-Semitic rhetoric that was rife when Corbyn was leader.
Old 21-01-2022, 17:04   #837
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Just like polls conducted on Channel4, BBC, Guardian... they are all skewed either way because of the bias they hold and GB News is not right wing by the way. Sure they have some biased presenters but no different to the above mentioned channels so your point is moot.
Most media polls are done in conjunction with polling companies, not as a poll on Twitter. Those polling companies usually try to have defined methodologies about how they select polling questions and who they ask.

For instance here's YouGov's page - https://yougov.co.uk/about/panel-methodology/ and here's Opinium's https://www.opinium.com/political-polling/

However the polling companies don't then control how the results are published in the media, and I would think that all media companies both left and right have some examples of where the summaries of the polls don't accurately reflect what was actually asked and answered.
Old 21-01-2022, 17:19   #838
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Would you call your dog 'Boris'?

Yes: 3%
No: 28%
Undecided: 69%

Conclusion . . . 69% of people have no idea what to call their dog
Old 21-01-2022, 17:19   #839
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Most media polls are done in conjunction with polling companies, not as a poll on Twitter. Those polling companies usually try to have defined methodologies about how they select polling questions and who they ask.

For instance here's YouGov's page - https://yougov.co.uk/about/panel-methodology/ and here's Opinium's https://www.opinium.com/political-polling/

However the polling companies don't then control how the results are published in the media, and I would think that all media companies both left and right have some examples of where the summaries of the polls don't accurately reflect what was actually asked and answered.
I get it totally - but my point that Labour are unelectable to many, is still relevant.

Anyway - New Poll up of our own...

Which Party would you vote for now if there was a General Election Tomorrow?
Old 21-01-2022, 17:37   #840
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:

Wishful thinking, Andrew, do you really think anyone will give a toss two years and three months down the line?
Closed Thread