Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Old 16-03-2015, 16:26   #4936
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonydtiger View Post
Getting really annoying witt this crap now.

Thats what mine looks like if i have large downloads or uploads.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-03-2015, 17:10   #4937
Tonydtiger
Inactive

Services: XL TV, Tivo, 152Mb, Phone
Tonydtiger is an unknown quantity at this point

Was updating a game from about 11pm last night. Apart from that, online gaming. Fifa and FFXIV which were both very laggy
Tonydtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2015, 10:13   #4938
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

A brief overnight spike here last night - we've got an open utilisation fault with a "review date" in the not too distant future so I'm half expecting some funnies to be going on at some point...

japitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2015, 17:21   #4939
Tonydtiger
Inactive

Services: XL TV, Tivo, 152Mb, Phone
Tonydtiger is an unknown quantity at this point

Last nights graph. No downloading going on.

I called up VM the other night and told them that online gaming is almost pointless due to lag and latency problems. He replied saying there is work being done on 1st April that should fix it. Apparently its been affecting the whole network.

Can any VM employee's confirm this at all?

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
Tonydtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 20:00   #4940
st3v3y
Inactive

st3v3y is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, I just found this forum after finding thinkbroadband over the weekend. I just wondered if anyone more experienced than me (which is basically everyone on here) can have a look at this and give me some indication of what it is I'm looking at. Other examples do not have so much blue so not sure what is going on here?

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]

My Broadband Ping
st3v3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 20:46   #4941
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Hi st3v3y and welcome to the forum.

I am afraid I can't comment on your graph other than to say it looks very colourful but at least you don't seem to have too much red showing. No doubt other members will be along soon to admire the bluest graph I can ever remember seeing.
Old 07-04-2015, 21:10   #4942
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by st3v3y View Post
Hi there, I just found this forum after finding thinkbroadband over the weekend. I just wondered if anyone more experienced than me (which is basically everyone on here) can have a look at this and give me some indication of what it is I'm looking at. Other examples do not have so much blue so not sure what is going on here?

My Broadband Ping
Be a good idea if you would post your upstream/downstream power levels and the network log. We can spot any cause of the effect if present.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 21:27   #4943
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Be a good idea if you would post your upstream/downstream power levels and the network log. We can spot any cause of the effect if present.
And to do that click this link and scroll down to the fifth post (mine) so you can see what you are looking for. If you are using the shub in router mode (which I am sure you will be) go to http://192.168.0.1 (you can click that) it will take you to the router login page which is the first pic on that link I gave you
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 21:31   #4944
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by st3v3y View Post
Well to put it bluntly, your connection is horrible.

Why that is could be any number of reasons. A graph like yours could be caused by a line fault, or it could be a perfectly working connection where you've left some torrent seeding and uploading at full speed.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 01:05   #4945
st3v3y
Inactive

Thanks for the response guys.

As requested here are the details...

Here is the graph again as for some reason it has disappeared

Old 08-04-2015, 08:25   #4946
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

There's no clue in the levels other than the T3/T4 count. The network log shows the T4 that I would have expected from that graph which also shows noise (the red bit = packet loss usually caused by noise).

Is your upstream power steady or is it tending towards the 54 dBmv mark (which is bad)?

At first sight I'd say you had a struggling upstream where there is difficulty for the VM end to read your data. hence the poor latency. This ca be caused by anything between your modem and the VM end. If a neighbour sees the same, then it's in VM's network. If it's only you, then a coax cable might not be tightly screwed in or the modem is playing up.

What's the graph like now? Neighbours with VM?

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 10:37   #4947
st3v3y
Inactive

I'll check the connections tonight. The graph has lost the yellow spikes at the moment and looks pretty much like the 10pm-Midnight part. There are a few minor yellow spikes but mainly just blue and green.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:11   #4948
Jon22
cf.addict

Jon22 is on a distinguished roadJon22 is on a distinguished road

Anyone else getting packet loss? Might just be a local problem although nothing showing on the status checker.

Jon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 13:09   #4949
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Fine in North Leeds.

If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 15:24   #4950
Jon22
cf.addict

Jon22 is on a distinguished roadJon22 is on a distinguished road

Seems as though the upstream power is maxed out.

US-1 US-2 US-3 US-4
Channel Type 2.0 N/A N/A 2.0
Channel ID 51 N/A N/A 49
Frequency (Hz) 32600000 N/A N/A 46200000
Ranging Status Success N/A N/A Success
Modulation 16QAM N/A N/A 16QAM
Symbol Rate (Sym/sec) 5120000 N/A N/A 5120000
Mini-Slot Size 4 N/A N/A 4
Power Level (dBmV) 54.50 N/A N/A 55.21
T1 Timeouts 0 0 0 0
T2 Timeouts 0 0 0 0
T3 Timeouts 2 0 0 0