Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | New content for Virgin Media

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

New content for Virgin Media

Old 02-10-2018, 15:04   #226
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: New content for Virgin Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Sound riveting
l prefer the HP variety personally.
Old 02-10-2018, 15:09   #227
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l prefer the HP variety personally.
And presumably, you prefer star gazing for Pluto!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 18:24   #228
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Given NowTV boxes are rebranded Roku, I presume Pluto TV is on them already (I can't say I've noticed it).
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 20:03   #229
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Given NowTV boxes are rebranded Roku, I presume Pluto TV is on them already (I can't say I've noticed it).
Yes, it's on Roku as well. The channels are different, though. They include:

TV Kids
Xive TV
TV Movies
TV Explore
TV Sports
TV Fight
Glory Kickboxing
WPT (poker)
IGN
Rifftrax
MST 3K
Failarmy
The Pet Collective

I expect they will add more with time!

Last edited by OLD BOY; 02-10-2018 at 20:07.
Old 02-10-2018, 21:38   #230
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post

TV Kids
Xive TV
TV Movies
TV Explore
TV Sports
TV Fight
Glory Kickboxing
WPT (poker)
IGN
Rifftrax
MST 3K
Failarmy
The Pet Collective

Maybe it's due to Roku being US version and since NowTV is UK they can target different tastes?

I read Sky has a stake in Pluto (as they also do with Roku) so I can see this being a hurdle to VM having app.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 23:16   #231
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Maybe it's due to Roku being US version and since NowTV is UK they can target different tastes?

I read Sky has a stake in Pluto (as they also do with Roku) so I can see this being a hurdle to VM having app.
No, this appears to be the European version. The US version contains a lot more channels.
Old 03-10-2018, 19:00   #232
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:

TV Kids
Xive TV
TV Movies
TV Explore
TV Sports
TV Fight
Glory Kickboxing
WPT (poker)
IGN
Rifftrax
MST 3K
Failarmy
The Pet Collective

Gave it a try last night. Content isn't must watch to put it lightly. There's better to be seen on YouTube imo
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2018, 13:47   #233
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Maybe 4K Universe will launch on Virgin Media soon. This would make a nice little addition to its UHD offering.

https://www.digitaltveurope.com/2018...h-across-emea/

[Extract]

4KUNIVERSE, a 4K, high dynamic range (HDR) general entertainment channel, is due to launch over Europe, the Middle East and Africa after agreeing a deal with Eutelsat.

The channel is due to launch on Eutelsat’s Hotbird video neighbourhood on November 1 and will be capable of reaching cable and IPTV networks.

4KUNIVERSE will air original TV series, movies, documentaries, sports and primetime programming and will be encoded with Wide Colour Gamut, at 50 frames per second, and HLG HDR colour space.

Last edited by OLD BOY; 18-10-2018 at 13:50.
Old 18-10-2018, 14:21   #234
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

But l thought linear channels were going the way of the dodo according to the gospel of OB.
Old 18-10-2018, 16:21   #235
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
But l thought linear channels were going the way of the dodo according to the gospel of OB.
Probably doesn't apply to UHD channels

Does anyone stream in UHD?
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2018, 19:32   #236
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
In the future, Den, in the future.
Old 18-10-2018, 19:54   #237
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
In the future, Den, in the future.
Well many will disagree with that sentiment OB.
Old 18-10-2018, 21:42   #238
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Well many will disagree with that sentiment OB.
Come on now, Den, you cannot deny that streaming services and on demand aren't changing the way people watch TV, there has been loads of articles published regarding the swing to more people using streaming, and watching TV when it suits them, the only linear TV that I watch, and the majority of my friends as well watch, is when there's live football on, I really don't know anyone who sits down to watch a TV show, or drama etc, when its being shown at the scheduled time.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2018, 06:43   #239
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Come on now, Den, you cannot deny that streaming services and on demand aren't changing the way people watch TV, there has been loads of articles published regarding the swing to more people using streaming, and watching TV when it suits them, the only linear TV that I watch, and the majority of my friends as well watch, is when there's live football on, I really don't know anyone who sits down to watch a TV show, or drama etc, when its being shown at the scheduled time.
Streaming services are used by some as a extra add on to their main Linear TV viewing MM but for someone to say they are the complete future and that Linear TV is going the way of the dodo is complete and utter codswallop.

---------- Post added at 05:43 ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Strange that MM as we must be in opposite worlds as most of the people l know do the exactly the opposite.
Old 19-10-2018, 08:25   #240
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Streaming services are used by some as a extra add on to their main Linear TV viewing MM but for someone to say they are the complete future and that Linear TV is going the way of the dodo is complete and utter codswallop.

---------- Post added at 05:43 ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 ----------

Strange that MM as we must be in opposite worlds as most of the people l know do the exactly the opposite.
It's a generational thing, Den. However, I wouldn't have thought that many people in their 50s would agree with your view on this.

Younger people, not being retired, tend to lead busy lives and do not want to be slaves to the TV schedule. These days, I never hear anyone saying they won't come out because they are following a drama or because their favourite programme is on (unless it's football!). That's because they are watching it on demand or recording it, which is how we watch all our programmes, and have done for the last decade or so.