Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Snow !

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Snow !

Old 05-01-2010, 13:24   #1366
Jules
Inactive

Services: Don't have a clue any more.
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Re: [Merged] Snow!

Really bad were I live in Leeds and no sign yet again of any gritters!
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-01-2010, 14:50   #1367
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
Really bad were I live in Leeds and no sign yet again of any gritters!
Yup - we are sending people home early due to the snow.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 14:52   #1368
Matty_
cf.geek

Matty_ has reached the bronze age
Matty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by zing View Post
years ago I had a phoneline come down on my head that was caused by snow lol
Sorry m8, but that really tickled me

I`ve not seen it like this in a while, the cat won`t go out in it...

Near Manchester Airport!
Matty_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 14:54   #1369
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Just been to the shop in case I can't make it into town again due to the snow. Hope it doesnt get too bad here though.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 14:54   #1370
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Down it comes again, heavy at the moment. So much for light snow showers, thanks once again met office and thank heaven for VPN

snowing1.jpg
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 14:59   #1371
Fingy
Inactive

Fingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appeal
Fingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appeal

Can you all keep it please, looks lovely but I don't want it.
We just have ice on top of ice with a bit more ice and a tiny skiff of snow.
Fingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 15:05   #1372
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

Huge big lumps of it coming down here in Poole... but the ground is wet... from the rain 5 minutes ago...
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 16:00   #1373
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

Couple of inches overnight here in Mansfield, made it to work ok and my wife phoned just after 11 to say how bad it was where she worked and that its really bad in Mansfield. Left work at 1 and got home at 3.40 & weather permitting I wont be at work tomorrow
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 16:13   #1374
Jon T
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Telephone and 100Mb broadband, Sky Q
Jon T has reached the bronze age
Jon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by alferret View Post
Couple of inches overnight here in Mansfield, made it to work ok and my wife phoned just after 11 to say how bad it was where she worked and that its really bad in Mansfield. Left work at 1 and got home at 3.40 & weather permitting I wont be at work tomorrow
I've just walked back from Mansfield to Oak Tree. I was told I could leave early if I wanted to, think i'll have to make the time up though.
Jon T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 17:02   #1375
Zee
Inactive

Services: BT Infinity Option 2, BT Talk Unlimited, Three PAYG, Giffgaff PAYG, Sky TV Entertainment Package
Zee has reached the bronze age
Zee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze age

The snow alert for the London area is on the danger level for the next 2 days, the rest of the UK looks to be on a moderate to low warning.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/...ngs.html?day=1
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 17:08   #1376
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
The snow alert for the London area is on the danger level for the next 2 days, the rest of the UK looks to be on a moderate to low warning.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/...ngs.html?day=1
Isn't it a National Crisis when 1cm of snow falls in London?
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 17:10   #1377
Zee
Inactive

Services: BT Infinity Option 2, BT Talk Unlimited, Three PAYG, Giffgaff PAYG, Sky TV Entertainment Package
Zee has reached the bronze age
Zee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobbydaler View Post
Yeah it is actually

but they say 40cm or more could fall locally in London which is pretty bad for London.
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 17:17   #1378
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobbydaler View Post
I do defer to Clarkson on this, he puts it much better than me.

Quote:
British severe weather is like British severe poverty, a fairly limp-wristed affair when placed in a global context. Northern Norway has severe weather. Oklahoma, in the tornado season, has severe weather. And a Cuban has every right to say “Wow, that was severe” after a category five hurricane has just blown his house into the middle of Houston. But in Barnsley? No.

When you’ve seen the flooding in Bangladesh during the monsoon, you’ll realise how idiotic Gordon Brown looked in Tewkesbury earlier this year, comforting those whose DFS sofas had been ruined. And when you’ve experienced an Icelandic whiteout, you will cry with laughter when some hapless reporter in wellies comes on the rolling news channel to say Britain is locked in ice chaos. It’s all complete claptrap.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/com...cle2889298.ece

p.s. its very light and off/on here in east London.
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 18:31   #1379
Pedro H
Inactive

Services: Sky
Pedro H is an unknown quantity at this point

Let's hope you southern softies get your fair share. I'll bet there'll be some wingeing if you do!!!!
Pedro H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 18:32   #1380
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon T View Post
I've just walked back from Mansfield to Oak Tree. I was told I could leave early if I wanted to, think i'll have to make the time up though.
I'll lose 2 & a half hours pay, rather get home at half 3 than half 6.

The A617 between Blidworth\Rainworth & the Widdicome fair was quite bad earlier and the idiocy of some drivers beggars belief.

Tesco was deserted, it was quite nice to scoot round in a couple of minutes.
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote