Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | life on mars

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

life on mars

Old 03-01-2006, 11:59   #1
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

Services: WNYC
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
life on mars

Quote:
Just when you thought the TV detective genre had tied itself up in knots, here's a genuinely innovative and imaginative take. John Simm is Detective Chief Inspector Sam Tyler, who's hit by a car in 2006 and "wakes up" in 1973, wearing a wide collar and flares. He's now a detective inspector in the era of The Sweeney. This may sound silly, but writers Tony Jordan and Ashley Pharoah give it wit and heart, and Simm is perfect.
sounds like a very Intrusting idea to me better than the normal .... we get on tv now a days i for one i'm going to watch.
sir_drinks_alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-01-2006, 12:09   #2
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: life on mars

Linky?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 12:16   #3
Nugget
Inactive

Services: Will provide gags for cash
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars

Dunno what the info's like, but here you go:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/lifeonmars/

Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 12:44   #4
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget
Dunno what the info's like, but here you go:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/lifeonmars/

Lots to see there, thanks

I did see a trailer for this the other day ... it's just the show's title doesn't easily connect with the idea of a copper sent back in time to 1973 (the year of my birth! )

I will definitely be tuning in.

BTW there is a handy video clip on that page that sets the scene nicely.
Old 03-01-2006, 12:47   #5
Nugget
Inactive

Services: Will provide gags for cash
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris T
Lots to see there, thanks

I did see a trailer for this the other day ... it's just the show's title doesn't easily connect with the idea of a copper sent back in time to 1973 (the year of my birth! )

I will definitely be tuning in.

BTW there is a handy video clip on that page that sets the scene nicely.
SFX has done a few odds and sods about it over the last couple of months - I thought it was going to be a full series, but I understand that it's just a 3-parter? Hopefully, it'll be a success, 'cos the premise sounds great

I have to agree that I can't really tie the title in with the idea - all I can think is that, to someone living in 2005 / 6, maybe life in the 70s would be like living on Mars
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 15:31   #6
Kaychsea
Inactive

Services: VM TV XL, VM BB M
Kaychsea is just really niceKaychsea is just really niceKaychsea is just really niceKaychsea is just really niceKaychsea is just really niceKaychsea is just really nice

Quote:
... it's just the show's title doesn't easily connect with the idea of a copper sent back in time to 1973 (the year of my birth! )
'73 was the year Bowie released "Life on Mars" as the second single from Hunky Dory.
Kaychsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 13:46   #7
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaychsea
Quote:
... it's just the show's title doesn't easily connect with the idea of a copper sent back in time to 1973 (the year of my birth! )
'73 was the year Bowie released "Life on Mars" as the second single from Hunky Dory.
This is from the lyrics...
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Bowie
Take a look at the Lawman
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
He's in the best selling show
Is there life on Mars?
link

That's a theory from the Daily Mirror as to why it's called life on mars.

The program looks like it could be good...
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 13:52   #8
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

I'm going to watch tonights episode
Old 09-01-2006, 15:14   #9
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Yea I saw the trailer on xmas day while settling down to watch Dr Who. It does look really good and totally different.
Old 09-01-2006, 15:23   #10
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Auto-tune reminder has been set.
Old 09-01-2006, 15:24   #11
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Is it a series or a one-off drama?

I thought it was a series but my Sky+ box doesn't give it a series link option.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 15:27   #12
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezzo
Is it a series or a one-off drama?

I thought it was a series but my Sky+ box doesn't give it a series link option.
Supposed to be a series, but I was wondering the same thing, can't get my regular digibox to do a series link.

---------- Post added at 14:27 ---------- Previous post was at 14:25 ----------

Definitely a series, in eight parts according to radiotimes.com. Dunno why the series link doesn't work.
Old 09-01-2006, 16:37   #13
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

Quote:
Auto-tune reminder has been set.
I had Sky Installed last Wednesday, gonna try doing one of these and setting my PC to record it when the time is right, fingers crossed (I'm at work tonight).
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 23:50   #14
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

I liked the music for the soundtrack

...and it wasn't bad either.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 00:08   #15
hoggyspuds
Inactive

Services: 10meg
hoggyspuds is a glorious beacon of lighthoggyspuds is a glorious beacon of lighthoggyspuds is a glorious beacon of lighthoggyspuds is a glorious beacon of lighthoggyspuds is a glorious beacon of lighthoggyspuds is a glorious beacon of lighthoggyspuds is a glorious beacon of light

Thought it was pretty good! Will def be watching the rest of the episodes. C5 at 8 was pretty good too.....the building of the channel tunnel. I'd hate that tunnelling as a job!
hoggyspuds is offline   Reply With Quote