Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The state benefits system mega-thread.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The state benefits system mega-thread.

Old 03-04-2013, 12:24   #226
tizmeinnit

Re: Working Tax Credits next

Quote:
Good!

as I've said in the other thread this is a form of corporate welfare and quite simply shouldn't go on at all or not as much.
This actually means some companies would have to pay higher wages since the state doesn't artificially subsidise the Labour market. Meaning this measure is actually hitting 'the rich!!'....

....but,you disagree with it?

but they wont pay higher wages will they? that is not how it works

Where did I say I disagree with this one? I have not said that just posted the story. Perhaps you should wait for me to actually say before you speak for me in future! :even more confused face:
Advertisement
Old 03-04-2013, 12:35   #227
Will21st
Inactive

Services: XL Tv,100MB,M Phone.
Will21st has reached the bronze age
Will21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
Where did I say I disagree with this one? I have not said that just posted the story. Perhaps you should wait for me to actually say before you speak for me in future! :even more confused face:
Oooohhh,getting worked up already are we? Touchy ?

Anyway,you wrote this

Quote:
This one might have wider implications for more of the membership here lets see if any change their view now
which implies that you are still riding your Anti-Tory-let's-bash-the-rich-wave.At least it does to me... maybe you can offer an alternative viewpoint.

Quote:
I have no idea if this should go on in the big thread as its a different benefit so I created a new one and its upto the team then
The other thread is the welfare state Mega-thread,there may be a hint in there...

Quote:
but they wont pay higher wages will they? that is not how it works
You know this how exactly? If the UK government wasn't influencing the wage structure through this benefit,it probably would.Seeing that people will vote with their feet and take higher paid positions,then those employers who offer too low a wage will have to adjust to the market.
Another factor is that the Industry of course knows this and some companies probably factor-in the possibilities of benefit payments to their employees. In any case it distorts the wage structure and is no good as such.
Will21st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:47   #228
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will21st View Post
1.Oooohhh,getting worked up already are we? Touchy ?

Anyway,you wrote this

2 which implies that you are still riding your Anti-Tory-let's-bash-the-rich-wave.At least it does to me... maybe you can offer an alternative viewpoint.

3 The other thread is the welfare state Mega-thread,there may be a hint in there...

4 You know this how exactly? If the UK government wasn't influencing the wage structure through this benefit,it probably would.Seeing that people will vote with their feet and take higher paid positions,then those employers who offer too low a wage will have to adjust to the market.
Another factor is that the Industry of course knows this and some companies probably factor-in the possibilities of benefit payments to their employees. In any case it distorts the wage structure and is no good as such.
1 No I am not as I explained before its all just a game. Just being pedantic mate jumping on any possible flaw in logic as people do to me

2 You are seeing the implication as I said please do not talk for me I am anti this system I have just as much ill will for Labour more anti capitalist but not a Marxist . If you actually look at my sig I am a member of UKIP but only because I want out of the EU

3 Yes but Tax Credits are Welfare however issued by HM revenue and customs so I thought I would leave it for the team to decide which you aint part of so hmm

4 It is my experience that in the capitalistic society where everything is greed orientated that employers would try to not increase wages and of course some simply will not be able to

I personally favour the idea of a Mixed Market Economy over the Free Market Economy the difference in theory would mean there would be less likelihood of economic downturns and capitalism's cycle of boom and bust

As it stands big business and corporations control the government in a MME the government would have some level of control over the businesses
Old 03-04-2013, 12:50   #229
mertle
Inactive

mertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quads

Going to be honest if they scrap it without tackling standard living No its bloomin suicide.

How many economist told them take the demand out country it tanks. When they finished this country will be lucky to be third world.

They also plans to scrap or looking reduce national minimum wage. Another stupid move while the standard living is this high.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/9965...-suggests.html

I sure we got bunch thick rich boys who economic skills like 4 year old. They just sucking demand out the economy then wondering why its tanking
mertle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:54   #230
Will21st
Inactive

Will21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze age

Quote:
No I am not as I explained before its all just a game. Just being pedantic mate jumping on any possible flaw in logic as people do to me
[Mod Edit - personal comments removed],that's all. No hard feelings,eh.
Quote:
You are seeing the implication as I said please do not talk for me
What,your pathetic red rep for something that was obviously implied?
Quote:
I am anti this system I have just as much ill will for Labour . If you actually look at my sig I am a member of UKIP but only because I want out of the EU
Yeah,saw your signature.You're not telling me what I know or don't know,are you? May get a red rep for that.
Quote:
Yes but Tax Credits are Welfare however issued by HM revenue and customs so I thought I would leave it for the team to decide which you aint part of so
Yes,of course...
Quote:
It is my experience that in the capitalistic society where everything is greed orientated that employers would try to not increase wages and of course some simply will not be able to
No,and thanks to that welfare from HMRC they won't feel the need to.A point I've now made three times.....
Old 03-04-2013, 13:32   #231
Mr Banana

Re: The state benefits system mega-thread. Many merged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
RizzyKing, l am in total agreement with what you are saying.

I also want to say soomething about foriegn workers taking the jobs in the UK.
If l was unemployed and looking for work l look at several points, the rent on my council house, my wife and the bills, l therefore look at what is there, l could not go for a job under £18.000 per year- reasons simple, if you get a job you have to work SIX weeks before claiming any benefit to put your money up, if you claim one benefit, you lose something else.

What l beleive is wrong is true what Rizzy King is saying if you go for Anti Tory, you get knocked down on this forum, it seems that everyone is saying that the coalition is correct in whats its doing.

Its always been known that the Tories will look after the rich, it proved yesterday that they will reduce the 50p tax down to 45p - WHY, if the rich have to pay more in taxes then so be it. They earn more money in interest sitting in the bank.

EVERYTHING has been done by the government is hitting the poor and the vulnerable - nothing to hit the rixch - in my book that is bad.

Foriegn workers, companies will always take on workers at the cheapest rate possible, and sometimes below the minimum wage, and dont please tell me that this does not go on - becuase it does.
The problem with your comment regarding the 50 percent tax rate is that if it wasn't reduced more rich people would move abroad and pay tax there, how would we manage to support the neady then?
Old 03-04-2013, 13:44   #232
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Any more petty bickering will see infractions issued. I don't care who started, I will finish it.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 13:55   #233
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Personal comments removed - any more of those, and infractions will be issued.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 14:12   #234
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

People like Philpott makes a good cause for limiting benefits to 1-2 children only. Instead of using them as cash cows and means to get bigger houses.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...ependency.html
Old 03-04-2013, 14:17   #235
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
People like Philpott makes a good cause for limiting benefits to 1-2 children only. Instead of using them as cash cows and means to get bigger houses.

Amen to that. A man who demanded he be left alone to live to do as he wished but wanted everyone else to pay for it. Selfish, low life personified.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 14:23   #236
tizmeinnit

Quote:

another policy I can live with far to many baby machines out there
Old 03-04-2013, 14:25   #237
Will21st
Inactive

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Amen to that. A man who demanded he be left alone to live to do as he wished but wanted everyone else to pay for it. Selfish, low life personified.
I feel it's sickening that our welfare state actually allows people like that to fester.
I think the problem is that it allows people like Philpotts to be completely unchecked by society since he lives in his own bubble and outside contact through work or other activities isn't really happening. The fact the guy has a dozen or so screws loose not-with-standing,obviously!

and yes,child benefit needs to be capped.... I'd actually prefer a system where those who work get tax relief for each child instead of cash,say a 2% reduction in income tax and NI,or something like that.Reward working families and leave more money in their pockets.
Old 03-04-2013, 14:35   #238
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will21st View Post
I feel it's sickening that our welfare state actually allows people like that to fester.
I think the problem is that it allows people like Philpotts to be completely unchecked by society since he lives in his own bubble and outside contact through work or other activities isn't really happening. The fact the guy has a dozen or so screws loose not-with-standing,obviously!

and yes,child benefit needs to be capped.... I'd actually prefer a system where those who work get tax relief for each child instead of cash,say a 2% reduction in income tax and NI,or something like that.Reward working families and leave more money in their pockets.
He wasn't 'unchecked' as he's been on Jeremy Kyle and interveiwed by Ann Widdicome and seems to be well known in his area. But he gets away with because of the kids.

Though I do agree with the rest, but from what I also see that is childless couples (through choice or not) will be penalised by that.
Old 03-04-2013, 14:37   #239
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Is it really any surprise that children, being the gateway to many benefits and other forms of support, are seen by some as no more than a means to an end whether that be cash in their hands or larger homes? That doesn't bode well for the future of these poor children.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 14:45   #240
Will21st
Inactive

Quote:
He wasn't 'unchecked' as he's been on Jeremy Kyle and interveiwed by Ann Widdicome and seems to be well known in his area. But he gets away with because of the kids.

Though I do agree with the rest, but from what I also see that is childless couples (through choice or not) will be penalised by that.
Ok,unchecked isn't the right term,maybe rather living outside of social norms,aided by the benefit system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Is it really any surprise that children, being the gateway to many benefits and other forms of support, are seen by some as no more than a means to an end whether that be cash in their hands or larger homes? That doesn't bode well for the future of these poor children.
No,it really isn't... this story should be even more incentive to make sure we as a society don't support such lifestyle choices.