Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | I can't get emails.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service > Webspace, E-Mail & Browsing Issues

I can't get emails.

Old 12-08-2017, 10:55   #1
philwhite100
This tastes nice

Services: TiVo V6 - 500mb -
philwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to philwhite100
I can't get emails.

As from last Thursday I've not been able to receive any emails on my blue yonder.co.uk account. I am currently in Italy on my iPhone typing this and this issue is happening on my phone too and it says the username or password is not correct but I know it is and have entered all the credentials from fresh again and I know they are correct. My partner is having the same issue with her blue yonder email address too. The VM service status says there are no issues Sousa anyone got any ideas please.
Old 12-08-2017, 12:15   #2
raging bull
cf.geek

Services: Tivo V6 - L TV/XL Phone /200Mb BB
raging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quads
Re: I can't get emails.

Recently my NTLWorld account did the same, I ended up having to have a new password authorized.
raging bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 12:21   #3
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Your best bet and most reliable solution is to use something like Gmail or Outlook and forward your emails from you Virgin Media email to one of the above they rarely go down unlike VM's email service
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 12:55   #4
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Try using www.mail2web.com. I find it invaluable for some email accounts.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 19:06   #5
philwhite100
This tastes nice

philwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nice

Thanks everyone for your comments. I'll have to wait till I get home in a couple of weeks.
Old 15-08-2017, 21:26   #6
philwhite100
This tastes nice

I've just spent nearly an hour on the phone to VM and it seems a big mess up has taken place. It's a bit of a long story regarding our account but it seems they have deleted our email addresses due to a change in the account name and they cannot reinstate them so our daughter is on to them to hopefully get it sorted. To many details to mention on here but I'm not impressed with VM at all.
Old 16-08-2017, 12:16   #7
philwhite100
This tastes nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
Try using www.mail2web.com. I find it invaluable for some email accounts.
If I log onto my virgin media I can't even see my blue yonder account on there as it seems the email address has been deleted by VM somehow.
Old 31-08-2017, 11:50   #8
philwhite100
This tastes nice

After 3 weeks and about 7 hours on the phone to VM our email accounts are still not sorted.
Old 31-08-2017, 12:07   #9
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by philwhite100 View Post
After 3 weeks and about 7 hours on the phone to VM our email accounts are still not sorted.
When you do get it sorted you should seriously consider moving away from an ISP email account, go to someone like gmail or outlook.
Old 01-09-2017, 18:28   #10
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

Yep, use gmail and then set up gmail to fetch emails from other boxes. That way emails to old address are still received but going on you can give out new email.
Old 01-09-2017, 19:12   #11
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
Yep, use gmail and then set up gmail to fetch emails from other boxes. That way emails to old address are still received but going on you can give out new email.
Interesting.

So can Gmail import mail (inbox and outbox) from other sources like Hotmail and even old ntlworld . com accounts (which I believe are now based on the gmail service anyway)?

I have some mail dating back years on a variety of accounts and would love to be able to transfer it all to one of my gmail accounts.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 19:31   #12
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 2 V6 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
That is what we set up a while back when there was s problem.
Old 01-09-2017, 19:32   #13
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
That is what we set up a while back when there was s problem.
Don't keep it a secret Den, how did you do it??...
Old 01-09-2017, 19:59   #14
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Don't keep it a secret Den, how did you do it??...

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/21289?hl=en

This may help.
Old 01-09-2017, 20:11   #15
Osem
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Thanks. Will this work for the old ntlworld e.mail accounts I have dating from when we first got broadband?

Does the process copy messages both sent from and received by the old address?