Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems

The Xbox One Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 16:06   #1756
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The Xbox One Thread

Excellent now sort the streaming media from external HDD.

---------- Post added at 16:06 ---------- Previous post was at 15:55 ----------

February 11th is when it drops.
Old 05-02-2014, 16:08   #1757
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Excellent now sort the streaming media from external HDD.

---------- Post added at 16:06 ---------- Previous post was at 15:55 ----------

February 11th is when it drops.

And i am working till 8pm that day, grrrrrrrr
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 16:14   #1758
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

It should download the update automatically if you have your console in standby mode.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 16:16   #1759
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
It should download the update automatically if you have your console in standby mode.
I do but not sure which time in GMT it will be do we
Old 05-02-2014, 18:43   #1760
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Battery indicator at last! It's so bloody annoying when your pad dies without warning mid-game

I really hope they also fix the 50Hz and 24Hz issues too.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 18:59   #1761
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Battery indicator at last! It's so bloody annoying when your pad dies without warning mid-game

I hope they make the orb flash similar to the 360 when it needs charging.
Old 05-02-2014, 19:05   #1762
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

They are not saying what is fully coming so I hope Media streaming is need so I can see videos on my X1.

They also need to sort the HDMI thru port out as I would need to keep my X1 on to what TV via it, which is a waste of electricity.
Old 05-02-2014, 19:11   #1763
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post

24Hz issue is fixed as was fixed in a Blu Ray app update a few weeks back. We'll it fixed it for me anyway

---------- Post added at 19:11 ---------- Previous post was at 19:09 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
They are not saying what is fully coming so I hope Media streaming is need so I can see videos on my X1.

They also need to sort the HDMI thru port out as I would need to keep my X1 on to what TV via it, which is a waste of electricity.
Me too but I can't see it. Reason for this is MS wants you to do everything Via the Xbox One
Old 05-02-2014, 19:43   #1764
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
24Hz issue is fixed as was fixed in a Blu Ray app update a few weeks back. We'll it fixed it for me anyway
Not fixed for everyone though

I still get awful judder, especially if the disc has been paused / forwarded / rewinded / skipped... It loses it...

Xbox Support says to turn 24Hz off as a workaround... which of course causes judder itself due to the 1080p24 content then being output at 60Hz instead of 24Hz.
Old 05-02-2014, 21:56   #1765
Wad_2002
Inactive

Services: Tivo & BB
Wad_2002 is on a distinguished roadWad_2002 is on a distinguished road

Just out of interest, I have been having issues with my one over the past 2 weeks.

The most annoying issue is that I have the sound going via hdmi to my onkyo amp. If I leave the xbox in the menu for 5 mins or so, the screen goes dim. When I go to resume using the xbox, the sound effects are gone and its all cracking noises and even in menu music in games is just crazy noises.

When I restart the xbox, its fine. It just annoying having to reset it 4 times a night now lol.

Any else had anything similar?
Wad_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 23:40   #1766
Acathla
cf.mega poster

Acathla has reached the bronze age
Acathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wad_2002 View Post
Just out of interest, I have been having issues with my one over the past 2 weeks.

The most annoying issue is that I have the sound going via hdmi to my onkyo amp. If I leave the xbox in the menu for 5 mins or so, the screen goes dim. When I go to resume using the xbox, the sound effects are gone and its all cracking noises and even in menu music in games is just crazy noises.

When I restart the xbox, its fine. It just annoying having to reset it 4 times a night now lol.

Any else had anything similar?
I actually had something similar (if not the same) when connected to my Onkyo amp. I got this when I turned on the 5.1 Audio BETA option in the settings (can't remember where as I'm not at my xbox but try in Audio Settings). I had to turn this option off to have the sound function normally.
Acathla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 23:49   #1767
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Have you guys tried a hard reset of the console? Hold the power button down for several seconds on the console, this often fixes glitches.
Old 05-02-2014, 23:56   #1768
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I hope they make the orb flash similar to the 360 when it needs charging.
You mean it doesn't do that? Odd they would leave out one of the great features of the 360.
Old 05-02-2014, 23:57   #1769
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
You mean it doesn't do that? Odd they would leave out one of the great features of the 360.
I could be mistaken but i think my controller currently just turns off and disconnects which is a pain in the ass mid game.
Old 06-02-2014, 00:27   #1770
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
One? They left out several!