Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Petition to highlight/embarrass VM into improving the way that they treat customers

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Petition to highlight/embarrass VM into improving the way that they treat customers

Old 14-11-2020, 16:02   #91
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Petition to highlight/embarrass Virgin Media into improving the way that they tre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
You do know this is technically a privately owned forum and Ofcom can do nothing against it or its posters right?
You throw the fact you have a disability around a lot on here and on another forum.

But anyway i'm glad you finally got your VM issue sorted hopefully now you can enjoy the services you are paying for, you should still seek a refund though for the time you was without such services.
Once again, accusations without any proof. "Throwing my disability around"? Do you mean when I answer perfectly reasonable questions relating to it or where It's mentioned where relevant?

It was announced earlier this year that Ofcom are to take over regulation of the internet in the UK:

'Ofcom will be put in charge of regulating the internet, the government has announced, with executives at internet firms potentially facing substantial fines or even prison sentences if they fail to protect users from “harmful and illegal content” online.'

Thank you for the kind words in your last paragraph, everything is getting back to normal now and Spiderplant has been extremely helpful to me behind the scenes, which I thank him for. If more members were as kind, non discriminatory & helpful as SP, this forum would be a much better place.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-11-2020, 16:14   #92
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age
Re: Petition to highlight/embarrass Virgin Media into improving the way that they tre

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Once again, accusations without any proof. "Throwing my disability around"? Do you mean when I answer perfectly reasonable questions relating to it or where It's mentioned where relevant?

It was announced earlier this year that Ofcom are to take over regulation of the internet in the UK:

'Ofcom will be put in charge of regulating the internet, the government has announced, with executives at internet firms potentially facing substantial fines or even prison sentences if they fail to protect users from “harmful and illegal content” online.'

Thank you for the kind words in your last paragraph, everything is getting back to normal now and Spiderplant has been extremely helpful to me behind the scenes, which I thank him for. If more members were as kind, non discriminatory & helpful as SP, this forum would be a much better place.
You stated my post was meaningless drivel. How is that being kind? I've also had problems with you in the past of accusing me of laughing at your disability which categorically didn't happen.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2020, 17:31   #93
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Time this was locked.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2020, 17:51   #94
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
You stated my post was meaningless drivel. How is that being kind? I've also had problems with you in the past of accusing me of laughing at your disability which categorically didn't happen.
Yes you did and this was resolved by Mick in the summer of 2018. Don't you think it's time to grow up, move on and stop stirring things up as Mick has requested? You do realise that deleted posts aren't actually deleted at all and are simply hidden from public view so the evidence still exists.

I wondered why you hadn't posted for a month and then started repeatedly trolling this thread.

---------- Post added at 16:51 ---------- Previous post was at 16:50 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Time this was locked.
Agreed, it's now being used as a vehicle for personal attacks and trolls.
Old 14-11-2020, 18:01   #95
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Yes you did and this was resolved by Mick in the summer of 2018. Don't you think it's time to grow up, move on and stop stirring things up as Mick has requested? You do realise that deleted posts aren't actually deleted at all and are simply hidden from public view so the evidence still exists.

I wondered why you hadn't posted for a month and then started repeatedly trolling this thread.

I'm pointing out evidence of you bringing your disability into things that aren't there. I can categorically state I did not laugh at your disability. There is no evidence as it didn't happen. You wouldn't show me then and you won't now. Though as then, if you have evidence, then I would love to see it and as I said back in 2018, I would apologise. The reason I state that is I'm 100% that I didn't laugh at your disability.

If you want treating with respect, you first need to give it. I don't need to grow up nor am I trolling the thread, I'm replying to your posts. I posted evidence which you asked for and shown how these posts always go. I still don't understand why you are with VM if you get such appalling service with them. Well I can guess.

You were given advice which you choose to ignore, what do you expect people to think?
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2020, 18:07   #96
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Enough - let’s keep on the topic, please.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2020, 18:08   #97
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:

Defo try to get refunded for you not having a tv service during that period of time you are certainly entitled to one.
Old 14-11-2020, 18:09   #98
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
Defo try to get refunded for you not having a tv service during that period of time you are certainly entitled to one.
https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

Quote:
On 25th March 2020, we paused our automatic compensation scheme because of Covid-19. The good news is it’ll be back from 1st June 2020.

This means we’ll be paying credits according to the scheme for:

An unresolved total loss of home phone or broadband service reported on or after 1st June 2020
A delayed activation (installation) of home phone or broadband service with an original scheduled date on or after 1st June 2020
A missed technician appointment for home phone or broadband service booked on or after 1st June 2020
We’ll also continue to adhere to all government guidance to make sure we’re keeping our people and customers safe at all times. Please note that there are two circumstances where credits won’t be paid under the scheme based on safety concerns related to Covid-19:

If we can’t attend a customer’s home because they’re self-isolating or shielding
If a technician can’t attend an appointment because they’re required to self-isolate and a replacement technician can’t be arranged at short notice
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2020, 18:22   #99
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Thanks for the info guys

I shall be asking about compensation when Ofcom ring me on Monday.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 14-11-2020 at 18:25.
Old 14-11-2020, 19:36   #100
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Sorry, I see no mention of TV in the compensation information above.
RobboEdin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2020, 20:24   #101
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
Sorry, I see no mention of TV in the compensation information above.
Don't worry, Richard will push for it and get it.
pip08456 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2020, 20:27   #102
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:

You are not a moderator of this site.
You have been warned about this many times, stop now, or i'll stop you.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2020, 22:31   #103
MrP
cf.member

Services: vm xl
MrP has a spectacular aura about themMrP has a spectacular aura about themMrP has a spectacular aura about themMrP has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Don't worry, Richard will push for it and get it.
Or claim to anyway
MrP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2020, 00:40   #104
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrP View Post
Or claim to anyway
I have never stated how much I pay, you however...

Quote:
Was paying £99 for "free" phone calls, top BB and TV without sports / movies. Seven months ago was offered Movies for free for 6 months. When that expired i cancelled it. Two weeks later offered Sky Sports (not HD), Movies and SIM with 5Gb data a month for an extra £3pm. Now paying £102pm.
Quote:
I'm on Full House with 2 TIVO boxes for £98pm
Got a call from their sales team and swapped one box for a V6, upgraded broadband to 350Mbps and no activation fee.
Also tried to include Sky Movies for £20pm which I declined, reduced it to £10pm which I still declined so they included it for free for 6 months after which I'm free to cancel.
So still paying £98pm!!
Old 15-11-2020, 00:44   #105
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I have never stated how much I pay, you however...
He didn't say you had.
pip08456 is online now   Reply With Quote