Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | R4 Cards Banned in UK

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Nintendo Games Systems

R4 Cards Banned in UK

Old 28-07-2010, 16:06   #1
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
R4 Cards Banned in UK

Interesting stuff, watch out all you dodgy R4 users

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...VG-General-RSS
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-07-2010, 16:13   #2
zing_deleted

Re: R4 Cards Banned in UK

that explains r4i.co.uks desperate measures to shift the stock they have then with offer upon off upon offer. Which I bought a job lot more while I could
Old 28-07-2010, 16:14   #3
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by zing View Post
that explains r4i.co.uks desperate measures to shift the stock they have then with offer upon off upon offer.[...]
Certainly looks that way.
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2010, 16:16   #4
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

This will be fun. my niece goes to a well to do school where all the kids have got these DS's using them cards. the parents actually share the games for the other kids by using a laptop and transferring what games some haven't got to theirs.

I was shocked when I found out. considering a lot of them are in high paid jobs and quite stuck up.
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2010, 16:16   #5
zing_deleted

there are still legit sites with them on offer though.
Old 28-07-2010, 16:16   #6
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
that explains r4i.co.uks desperate measures to shift the stock they have then with offer upon off upon offer. Which I bought a job lot more while I could
I was going to mention that. I'm having constant sale emails.
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2010, 16:18   #7
zing_deleted

also all the reports say R4 nothing about the other brand of cartridge. Will wait till we get a fuller picture
Old 28-07-2010, 16:47   #8
Hiroki
Inactive

Services: SkyHD, Freesat & Virgin Media TV/BB
Hiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful one
Send a message via MSN to Hiroki

r4i site seems to be down which is a bit of a pain since I need to replace my acekard
Hiroki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2010, 16:50   #9
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

This bit is a bit worrying

Quote:
However, The Court ruled that the R4 must first must circumvent Nintendo's security systems before it can work, therefore making it illegal.
This means although Jailbreaking has been declared legal in the US, based on that logic Jailbreaking can be banned here.
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2010, 17:50   #10
zing_deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky View Post

This means although Jailbreaking has been declared legal in the US, based on that logic Jailbreaking can be banned here.

thats ok we can still easily access the software to do it
Old 28-07-2010, 20:41   #11
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky View Post

Yup.

AFAIK & IANAL, etc. ...

This is all ultimately the fault of the WIPO Copyright Treaty, which prohibits the "circumvention of technological measures" used to protect copyrighted works.

The WIPO Copyright Treaty was brought into US Law by the infamous Digital Millenium Copyright Act (DMCA) (which at least, as shown by the recent Jailbreaking ruling, has a method for exemptions to be applied for & granted).

The WIPO Copyright Treaty was brought into EU Law by the EU Copyright Directive, which was in turn brought into UK Law by the Copyright and Related Rights Regulations 2003 which amended the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2010, 23:40   #12
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

All this means is its added to a whole list of other things banned in the UK that continues to be sold but illegally instead. It would be amusing to see a police officer searching your Nintendo DS
Old 30-07-2010, 15:18   #13
xpod
Inactive

Services: TV,Phone & BB
xpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appeal
xpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appealxpod has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
A new ruling from the High Court in London has officially outlawed the importing, advertising or sale of R4 cards.
Nothing about already owning the things i see.......
xpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2010, 16:09   #14
Bifta
Inactive

Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star
Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star

Quote:
also all the reports say R4 nothing about the other brand of cartridge. Will wait till we get a fuller picture
Yeah, I read that too, they ban R4DS's but there are loads of alternatives you can buy (from loads of other countries too).
Bifta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2010, 16:20   #15
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Services: V BB 350
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to iFrankie Send a message via Yahoo to iFrankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bifta View Post
Yeah, I read that too, they ban R4DS's but there are loads of alternatives you can buy (from loads of other countries too).
Like the M3 DS..
iFrankie is offline   Reply With Quote