Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Nintendo DS

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Nintendo Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Nintendo DS

Old 30-11-2007, 01:34   #1
greencreeper
Inactive

Services: Email me for a current price list
greencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny star
greencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny star
Nintendo DS

Mum likes the idea of the brain game on the DS Suppose it's her age. I wouldn't normally bother with consoles and know little about them. Oddly, you can't buy the console anywhere - hunted high and low. Is there a reason for this?
greencreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-11-2007, 02:27   #2
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Nintendo DS

They are popular and it's less than a month now until Christmas. You should eventually be able to find one though.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2007, 02:31   #3
greencreeper
Inactive

greencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny star
greencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny star

Ah - that'll explain it then. I thought maybe they were obsolete. Flea bay has Japanese and US ones. Cannot find them anywhere else - ranges from 4 to 18 weeks (!) delivery estimate
Old 30-11-2007, 07:58   #4
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

Take a look here GC

http://www.play.com/Games/DS/4-/1025...&ob=Price&fb=0

or here

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-lis...&condition=all
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2007, 13:10   #5
Aragorn
Inactive

Aragorn has a nice shiny star
Aragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny star

You could try Gamestation - it's not confirming stock, but appear to allow you to order.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2007, 14:33   #6
handyman
Permanently Banned

Services: M6 Keele
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
handyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny starhandyman has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to handyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencreeper View Post
Mum likes the idea of the brain game on the DS Suppose it's her age. I wouldn't normally bother with consoles and know little about them. Oddly, you can't buy the console anywhere - hunted high and low. Is there a reason for this?
There are 2 brain training games.

Brain training
More brain training

Its recommended that you do the original 1 first.
handyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2007, 14:34   #7
zing_deleted

there are loads of these types

just a few off my list

brain age
brain age 2
brain boost beta
brain boost gamma
brain buster
flash focus
left or right ambidextrous
math play
mind quiz
mindstorm
neves
platinum seduku
sight training
spelling challenges and more
the professors brain trainer logic
the professors brain trainer memory
think logic trainer
trace memory
ultimate puzzle games sudoku edition
Old 30-11-2007, 14:36   #8
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Oddly enough I get on quite well with sight training too which is quite good.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2007, 22:23   #9
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars
Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars

Picross is also a great game to play on the DS (review)

They're fantastic little consoles. I remember the first time I saw one, a colleague had imported it from Japan on launch day, and I was like, "WTF?!? It's so chunky and awkward, and why 2 screens? Duh - this'll never take off".

As you can see, I'm good at predicting things
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 03:25   #10
greencreeper
Inactive

I've ordered one from the 'Zon - their marketplace. Should get it in the next few days. I'll get an accessories kit and the first brain training "game". That should be mum sorted. Already got her a lockable cabinet - for the whiskey.

I would avoid a career in marketing, Gareth
Old 10-12-2007, 16:36   #11
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Has it arrived yet, GC? If so, have you been tempted to play it... just to make sure it works and everything
Old 10-12-2007, 22:52   #12
greencreeper
Inactive

Yeah - came a few days ago. Had to collect it from the sorting office. It's a UK one and appears new, which is good because that's what I ordered No desire to play with it - not really my cup of tea. I've ordered a case for it - the accessories kit looked to be more money than it was worth. Car charger?? Mum doesn't drive. Intend getting a game from Chavgos.
Old 13-12-2007, 22:23   #13
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencreeper View Post
YNo desire to play with it - not really my cup of tea.
That's what they all say.... but I bet that when you do play it (and trust me, you will at some point) then you'll be hooked.

Even games like Animal Crossing which, on paper, sound as dull as dishwater have an annoying way of getting you hooked.

It's the gaming equivalent of crack cocaine, I tell ya!
Old 13-12-2007, 23:06   #14
greencreeper
Inactive

Noted, Gareth, noted
Old 15-12-2007, 09:07   #15
BBKing
R.I.P.

Services: 20Mb VM CM, Virgin TV
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
Send a message via ICQ to BBKing

We got ours from a mate who went to New York a few weeks back - had to buy a new power cord, but IIRC it was still cheaper overall and works fine.

It is like crack, although not for me - either my partner will be doing brain training on it or my son will be bringing it to me and forcing me to do trivial maths problems or drawing a racing car on it. Technologically very impressive.
BBKing is offline   Reply With Quote