Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | i need a wii!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Nintendo Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

i need a wii!

Old 05-04-2007, 14:15   #1
SOSAGES
Inactive

SOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of society
i need a wii!

i cant find one on its own...
all with super amounts of games bundles..

i may cry
been checking ebay for months they all go for over the odds..

Any ideas?
i have
http://www.wii-consoles.co.uk/default.asp
http://www.wiipreorder.co.uk/

open at all times
SOSAGES is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-04-2007, 15:13   #2
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Re: i need a wii!

Argos have some for store pick up only. Some stores are still out of stock though.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/5683257.htm

I did see a couple in Morrisons the last time I was in. You might need to move the large piles of unsold PS3's to see them though.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 15:15   #3
SOSAGES
Inactive

SOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of society

yep not one near me sadley checked 12 stores

i keep seeing gamestation / game / comet get them but i wont pay £300 to get some games i dont want
Old 05-04-2007, 15:36   #4
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I got one a few weeks ago. Just by luck. I called round every gaming store I could think of and managed to find a store with one in stock.

That probably your best bet, Call around.
Old 05-04-2007, 15:40   #5
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars
Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars

I saw a rumour that the stock problems were being artificially created by Nintendo, and will be miraculously resolved this month, in an attempt to help make their figures for this financial year look as good as last year's.
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 16:09   #6
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth View Post
I saw a rumour that the stock problems were being artificially created by Nintendo, and will be miraculously resolved this month, in an attempt to help make their figures for this financial year look as good as last year's.
I heard that but that should have already been the case by now. Nintendo just do not have the capabilitys to produce that many consoles. I mean they have already sold, in just under 4 months, 6 millon consoles. Thats over half the installed 360 base which was had about 15 months.

So I think they are sending lots and lots of Wii's out its just they getting sold very quickly and they, like Microsoft, do not have the capability to meet the high demand.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 16:35   #7
smicer07
Inactive

smicer07 has reached the bronze age
smicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via AIM to smicer07 Send a message via MSN to smicer07 Send a message via Yahoo to smicer07

I've stuck mine on Ebay if anyone's interested, link is :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=250101868128

It's in perfect nick

If you don't fancy bidding on mine, keep checking Argos, that's where I found stock.
smicer07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 16:54   #8
SOSAGES
Inactive

my issue is i dont want any games bu perhaps i could ebay some of the games i get..i dunno..bored of looking now
Old 05-04-2007, 19:04   #9
smicer07
Inactive

smicer07 has reached the bronze age
smicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via AIM to smicer07 Send a message via MSN to smicer07 Send a message via Yahoo to smicer07

Amazon have some in stock.
smicer07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 20:11   #10
dcclanuk
Inactive

dcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quadsdcclanuk has a fine set of Quads

keep checking this aswell:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...340154&page=94
dcclanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 21:17   #11
AndrewJ
Inactive

AndrewJ has a nice shiny star
AndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny star

/smug head on
got one from day of release...great console really is /smug off
AndrewJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 19:26   #12
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOSAGES View Post
i cant find one on its own...
all with super amounts of games bundles..

i may cry
been checking ebay for months they all go for over the odds..

Any ideas?
i have
http://www.wii-consoles.co.uk/default.asp
http://www.wiipreorder.co.uk/

open at all times

I used those sites last week to find one..... I had their "auto refresh" stock pages open.

http://www.wii-consoles.co.uk/wii_console_realtime.asp

http://www.wiipreorder.co.uk/Wii-Stock-Alerts.aspx

Friday night last week, both updated with "IN STOCK AT AMAZON!". I shot onto Amazon, & bought one (just the console, no stupid bundle) before they sold out.

Just be patient. Amazon seem to have been getting stock fairly regularly compared to some other sites.

If you do go for a bundle from somewhere like GAME etc., I think that you can return any unwanted bundle games for a refund. Best to check their Terms though.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 17:20   #13
SOSAGES
Inactive

i found one in amazon when i got home on thurs
turned up today.
component cable and something special turning up weds!
thanks all.
Old 10-04-2007, 21:53   #14
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Good stuff

Argos still has the Wii version of Zelda for £19.99

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/5683415.htm

( courtesy of Gareth - http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/30...a-19-99-a.html )

GameStation have Excite Truck for £24.99

http://www.gamestation.co.uk/product...01279128574277

SSX Blur, which is meant to be very good, is going for £29.98 at Amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Electronic-A...6238271&sr=8-1

Also consider.....

- Another Wiimote.

- Loads of Wii Points for all those classic NES, SNES, N64 & Megadrive games on the Virtual Console.

- A classic controller, for the VC games.

- A GameCube controller, for playing old Cube games like Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil 4, etc... (and it will also work with VC games, as well as Cube games).

- Some old Cube games. Oh, & a Cube memory card for them.

- Lots of patience, while waiting for Super Paper Mario, Super Mario Galaxy, & Metroid Prime 3.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 13:12   #15
jonboy080269
Inactive

jonboy080269 is on a distinguished roadjonboy080269 is on a distinguished road

If you want to get hold of a wii and cannot locate one online then I would get along to your nearest gamestation store.

Unlike game which would not let me pre-order (most strange), gamestation let you put a deposit down for £20 and to join a queue.

Under my circumstances I had one within 5 weeks.

I am surprised nintendo have not got on top of the supply and demand issue yet.

I am not convinced that nintendo are holding them back. I personally
think it is down to the demand from the general public for a new generation console that most people can afford to buy and nintendo have under under estimated the demand.
jonboy080269 is offline   Reply With Quote