Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Where can I get a Wii?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Nintendo Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Where can I get a Wii?

Old 04-01-2007, 21:31   #61
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
Re: Where can I get a Wii before Jan 4th

I played Red Steel on the Wii and was very disappointed. The wiimote was way too sensitive and made shooting people in the extremely difficult. I found it almost impossible to do just the bloody fish-tank calibration bit at the beginning.The graphics were dire (it was a big screen TV, but even so...)

Was going to get one, but probably won't unless things dramatically improve.
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-01-2007, 21:38   #62
skyblueheroes
Inactive

Services: Sky+ & Pipex 8mb ADSL
skyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appeal
skyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to skyblueheroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikthius View Post
what was the link?

ik
Also here.....

http://www.wiifind.co.uk/buywii.html...FR4JEAodTR4sNQ
skyblueheroes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 22:15   #63
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

I almost bought one yesterday...

My local GAME had one in stock.

Bundle only though.

I really don't want to be forced to pay extra for Monkey Ball & Red Steel.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 22:25   #64
Nugget
Inactive

Services: Will provide gags for cash
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin View Post
I played Red Steel on the Wii and was very disappointed. The wiimote was way too sensitive and made shooting people in the extremely difficult. I found it almost impossible to do just the bloody fish-tank calibration bit at the beginning.The graphics were dire (it was a big screen TV, but even so...)

I'm with you Gav - not that impressed with what little I've seen tbh. Mind you, when you bear in mind the PS2, XBoc and 360 in my little games corner, do I really need another console anyway
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 18:35   #65
NEONKNIGHT

Thumbs up Re: Where can I get a Wii before Jan 4th

Got a Wii today, well not me exactly, but my eldest lad. There was a cancellation of a pre-order at the local game shop and he was next in line for one. Had a few goes of Wii sports and its not bad. It would obviously make a good party game when friends are around. Not had a chance yet of playing Zelda but looking forward to giving this game a go.
Old 09-01-2007, 19:25   #66
skyblueheroes
Inactive

skyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appealskyblueheroes has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEONKNIGHT View Post
Got a Wii today, well not me exactly, but my eldest lad. There was a cancellation of a pre-order at the local game shop and he was next in line for one. Had a few goes of Wii sports and its not bad. It would obviously make a good party game when friends are around. Not had a chance yet of playing Zelda but looking forward to giving this game a go.
Agree. Wii Sports is more of a social thing. Good fun though.

The more serious games will hopefully have more staying power.
Old 09-01-2007, 19:40   #67
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars
Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars

Yeah, one of the magazines (ONM I think) said that if you had friends round and you wanted to show them how the Wii works as quickly as possible then this would be the game you'd choose.

It's not gonna be something you play for months on end, but it's still good fun whilst we're waiting for the next batch to be released.
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 19:29   #68
Slyder

Services: Superhub 2 60mb

Quote:
That wont change anytime soon. It's a beefy gfx chip on board, but not anywhere near 360 or PS3's gpu power. Its more a party console with the odd 1 or 2 serious title, but if your looking for a serious gamers console then the other 2 are the way to go.
Old 10-01-2007, 19:51   #69
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:

I agree with what the people said above although 'Serious games' makes it sound like the Wii games are 'My first games console' type thing. Zelda is a very good game but the wii is more aimed at socials or at blasts of fun.

Nintendo still make some of the best games around. I would say you should try Zelda to show the wiis more in=depth games and Wii Sports to try the 'fun' and social games.

I too am looking to get a 360 now though, just because they have a wider range of games.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 22:38   #70
ikthius
Inactive

Services: anything for a new job
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze

i still cant wait, although my local game took my name today and said I am next in line for one, they think they getting more tomorrow.

fingers crossed

ik
ikthius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 06:54   #71
skyblueheroes
Inactive

Check Comet now - looks like they are in stock from this...........

http://wii.stocknetwork.co.uk/
Old 11-01-2007, 09:59   #72
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
That wont change anytime soon. It's a beefy gfx chip on board, but not anywhere near 360 or PS3's gpu power. Its more a party console with the odd 1 or 2 serious title, but if your looking for a serious gamers console then the other 2 are the way to go.
Completely agree, the Wii complements the 360 and PS3 but it doesn't compete with them. This is what Nintendo intended all along, judging by the price they're selling them at. If anything, it really complements the 360, as you can get one of those and a Wii for less than the price of a PS3!

Also, if you're into playing online then you'll be disappointed in the Wii's online capabilities compared to XBox Live, as it's strengths lie in getting people up off the sofa and moving around... playing against people in the same room is different to playing against people online, especially playing against the non-traditional gamers. It'll be interesting to see how the online experience with the Wii does play out in the coming months.
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 10:03   #73
zing_deleted

im not interested in playing online anymore myself. Ive lost a lot of the buzz I got from gaming online. I need a new buzz and when I finally get hold of a Wii I hopefully will get it. As ive said before the controllers of the xbox and xbox 360 and playstation 2 just puts me off from the start I find them fiddly and inaccurate specially in first person shooters which is my game type of choice. The other point of the Wii is the console is fairly priced . I still say you cant beat a good pc for first person shooters
Old 11-01-2007, 12:02   #74
ikthius
Inactive

Services: anything for a new job
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze
ikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronzeikthius is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblueheroes View Post
Check Comet now - looks like they are in stock from this...........

http://wii.stocknetwork.co.uk/
everytime i get an email from them, i check their site..... and nothing.

so I check the retailers and nothing, then i check the stocks forums, and they say nothing.

I find this a farce, I had to give u on their email reminders.

ik
ikthius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 12:55   #75
skyblueheroes
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikthius View Post
everytime i get an email from them, i check their site..... and nothing.

so I check the retailers and nothing, then i check the stocks forums, and they say nothing.

I find this a farce, I had to give u on their email reminders.

ik
You're right it is. But if you want one you need to play the game. I did and I got one.