Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] Why no Nintendo section? / Will Wii have a Wii section?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Nintendo Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Merged] Why no Nintendo section? / Will Wii have a Wii section?

Old 10-11-2006, 15:25   #31
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Will Wii have a Wii section? (see what i did there?)

I put my name down today in case game.co.uk cannot provide me with one...
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-11-2006, 16:07   #32
SOSAGES
Inactive

SOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of society

i seriously doubt if i pre order now from a store offering pre orders for some time u will get one on launch day - more likely early 2007.
SOSAGES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 17:29   #33
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I don't mind if I can't have a Wii at launch

There are so many great 360 games out I don't think I could afford to pay for it just now.
Old 10-11-2006, 21:26   #34
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthYoda View Post
I don't mind if I can't have a Wii at launch

There are so many great 360 games out I don't think I could afford to pay for it just now.

Same here. I do definitely want to get one, but already have a few more upcoming 360 games I want to get, and other stuff, so I think the Wii will have to wait 'till next year.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 23:29   #35
NEONKNIGHT

Question Re: Will Wii have a Wii section? (see what i did there?)

Hmmm! Still not entirely convinced about Nintys new console, its definately a novel approach as always by the big N. The one thing that would make me want the console is the fact of the Zelda game but to spend £200+ for a chance of playing a game is a bit on the expensive-can't-justify-it side of things. I did have my name on the 'might be interested' list at GAME but havn't bothered with anything more since then.
Old 10-11-2006, 23:44   #36
Jarandco
Inactive

Services: NTL 2 MEG
Jarandco has entered a golden reputation eraJarandco has entered a golden reputation eraJarandco has entered a golden reputation eraJarandco has entered a golden reputation eraJarandco has entered a golden reputation eraJarandco has entered a golden reputation eraJarandco has entered a golden reputation eraJarandco has entered a golden reputation eraJarandco has entered a golden reputation eraJarandco has entered a golden reputation eraJarandco has entered a golden reputation era
Send a message via MSN to Jarandco

Can always sell it if theres a stock shortage and you dont want it! Ive gone for one, as i dont want a PS3, well not at its current price anyway, and the Wii is different from the 360 so gives some variety! Looks like it could be fun espicially with a lot of you!
Jarandco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 01:11   #37
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I wish Super Mario would be out on release day as well. Its a shame, and there has been no mention of mario kart at all yet.
Old 13-11-2006, 12:44   #38
SOSAGES
Inactive

SOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of society

in case u missed it (and what i was waiting for)

Quote:
If you're into gaming as much as we are, then December 8, 2006 will no doubt be etched into your brain as the day that Nintendo launches their Wii console in the UK.
Well, we've got another date for you: Tuesday, November 21, 2006. This is the day Amazon.co.uk will start taking pre-orders for the Wii
so stay up late on monday
SOSAGES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2006, 12:47   #39
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

I will be Hoping game get back to me quicker about if i have one for launch day
Old 13-11-2006, 12:56   #40
popper
Inactive

popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array
popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druchii View Post
I have a DS Lite, i'd love to know where to get cheaper games for it, and the homebrew etc...

If others had one this could be a good idea
well you learn something new every day
http://nintendo-ds.dcemu.co.uk/
"
Remember that the Nintendo DS also Plays GBA Emulators and Homebrew & Check out Our Wii News Site "
The Nintendo DS is a great console, not only for the games released for it but also the GBA mode support too, with the help of a GBA Flash Cart you can play hundreds of Homebrew games and emulators on your DS, more info at the worlds leading GBA Emulation Site . Also for the Latest in Wii news and much more check out Wii News. "

anyone got a link to the real and full tech spec sheets etc, cant seem to find anything real and confirmed yet?.

http://search.ntlworld.com/ntlworld/...e&cr=&x=37&y=7
popper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2006, 13:01   #41
AndrewJ
Inactive

AndrewJ has a nice shiny star
AndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny star

I would like a ps3 but the price is stupid plus I want to see how it fairs up in reviews, I hated the ps2 because when gaming away all you could hear on GTA San Andreas ( my fav game ever for ps2 ) was the damn dvd drive going "clunk clunk wireee clunk clunk" drove me up the wall that much I traded my ps2 in and bought the game for pc
AndrewJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2006, 13:21   #42
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by popper View Post
"
Remember that the Nintendo DS also Plays GBA Emulators and Homebrew & Check out Our Wii News Site "
The Nintendo DS is a great console, not only for the games released for it but also the GBA mode support too, with the help of a GBA Flash Cart you can play hundreds of Homebrew games and emulators on your DS, more info at the worlds leading GBA Emulation Site . Also for the Latest in Wii news and much more check out Wii News. "

anyone got a link to the real and full tech spec sheets etc, cant seem to find anything real and confirmed yet?.

Nintendo did not want to release the specs highlighting they were not about making the console powerful
Old 13-11-2006, 13:33   #43
popper
Inactive

popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array
popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array

http://xbox360homebrew.com/blogs/hom...0/26/1193.aspx
Check out this video on using the Nintendo Wii's LiveMotion tool. If for no other reason than to watch the speaker do the funky chicken, it is interesting to see how they "record" input on the Wii's controller.
popper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2006, 20:45   #44
Druchii
cf.mega poster

Services: Canal Digital: 50/10
Druchii has a nice shiny star
Druchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by popper View Post
"

Niiiice, right now however, i've to find another£200 for a decent bike, so homebrew is out the question for now. Looks like i will have to stick to a web based messenger.
Druchii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2006, 22:27   #45
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Game emailed me to say they wont have a Wii for me

Gonna have to try and get the amazon ones....oh dear