Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] Why no Nintendo section? / Will Wii have a Wii section?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Nintendo Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Merged] Why no Nintendo section? / Will Wii have a Wii section?

Old 07-11-2006, 23:15   #1
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
[Merged] Why no Nintendo section? / Will Wii have a Wii section?

Yep as the oh-so-funny topic name suggests, Will we have a Wii section. We have Playstation and Xbox 360. I think the Wii will be popular and warrents its own section! I am getting one thats for sure (hopefully, I had to pre-order again to day thanks to the fact that I am stupid).

But on topic. I think a Nintendo (so it covers DS as well) sub-forum is needed

Viva la Nintendo
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-11-2006, 21:39   #2
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Re: Will Wii have a Wii section? (see what i did there?)

Definately a good idea....I can see many people wanting to experience the new gaming possibilities of the Wii so a forum would be good.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 21:41   #3
Druchii
cf.mega poster

Services: Canal Digital: 50/10
Druchii has a nice shiny star
Druchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny star

I have a DS Lite, i'd love to know where to get cheaper games for it, and the homebrew etc...

If others had one this could be a good idea
Druchii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 21:50   #4
Halcyon
Hello !

Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Druchi, I have a friend who buys a lot of games and imports for the DS from PlayAsia. He says it is a good site and that shipping is quick too.
http://www.play-asia.com/

Old 08-11-2006, 21:57   #5
Druchii
cf.mega poster

Druchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny star

Sounds good to me I'll take a look now
Old 08-11-2006, 22:02   #6
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Yeh, Thats why it should be called Nintendo! So the DS is included.
Old 08-11-2006, 22:10   #7
Druchii
cf.mega poster

That site seems cheaper Thank Halc.

And Damien, i like the idea, i know alot of people will probably buy the Wii over the PS3. (Or both)
Old 08-11-2006, 22:17   #8
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Wii will likely be brought alongside, a PS3 or XBOX 360. But also dont forget the amounts of ninty fans and the newcomers this is sure to attact? (Like the DS did?)

Any mods wanna give a clue on if this is possible?
Old 08-11-2006, 23:21   #9
Chris W
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Broadband Size M
Chris W has a nice shiny star
Chris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Chris W

It depends how much real demand there is for the forum. I seem to remember that we used to have a Gamecube subforum (or was it in with another console, can't remember now) and that wasn't exactly the life and soul of the forum.

However, the idea will certainly be considered so i'll leave you with....... maybe.
Chris W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 23:49   #10
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
It depends how much real demand there is for the forum. I seem to remember that we used to have a Gamecube subforum (or was it in with another console, can't remember now) and that wasn't exactly the life and soul of the forum.

However, the idea will certainly be considered so i'll leave you with....... maybe.
Cool, Just should mention that the Gamecube was a failure in a lot of senses. Although it did turn a profit and have some great games.

But in the last year or so Nintendo have shot up in popuarity. The DS is already much much more popular than the Gamecube and is outselling the PSP.

The Wii is a new console so it bound to generate a lot of buzz for the first two years at least, if its a success then longer. It already getting a lot of positive press and even hardcore 'nintendo are for kids' people are liking the Wii.

The DS and Wii also have a different audience in those who never used to play games...

In the end, Xbox 360 and PS3 will all have the same kind of games and the same way to play them. The Wii and DS not only have the wide range of Nintendo games, but also the different ways to play those games. It is a very different console to the rest.

In summary: The GC was a failure. But the DS is already more popular, add to that the upcoming Wii and the different controls methods and it will be a lot more mainstream. Just, please, do not use the Gamecube as a way to decide this is all i am saying
Old 09-11-2006, 00:09   #11
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

What exactly is Wii ? and how does it relate to a Nintendo DS ?

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 00:14   #12
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
What exactly is Wii ? and how does it relate to a Nintendo DS ?
Wii is some silly nintendo game console more info here wiki

All this talk about it p***es me off though

nffc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 09:20   #13
Halcyon
Hello !

Wii was originally codenamed "Revolution". It is the next console to come out after Nintendo's Gamecube and features new ways of gameplay.

Old 09-11-2006, 09:31   #14
AndrewJ
Inactive

AndrewJ has a nice shiny star
AndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny star

I have my name down for one on December 8th.
AndrewJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 10:07   #15
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Me too! With the new Zelda, Wii Play + 2nd Remote, another numchuck, and a classic controller (for the virtual console)