Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Nintendo DS Released in UK on 11th March 2005

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Nintendo Games Systems

Nintendo DS Released in UK on 11th March 2005

Old 09-02-2005, 18:38   #61
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Nintendo DS Released in UK on 11th March 2005

well I been playin since I got home and its great here are a couple of pics of the machine and stuff I got with the VIP pack.
Old 09-02-2005, 19:02   #62
LostintheNW
Inactive

Services: Plenty thanks
LostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation eraLostintheNW has entered a golden reputation era

What do you think of warioware? I havent stopped playing the thing its soooo addictive
LostintheNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 19:19   #63
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Its so addictive. think I will buy it next week as it out in the USA on the 14th I think. I have really got the hang of playing Metroid with the touch screen. Those controls are perfect for fps games.
Old 10-02-2005, 11:17   #64
bob_builder
Inactive

Services: ntl digital basepack ntl 1M broadband
bob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to beholdbob_builder is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostintheNW
What do you think of warioware? I havent stopped playing the thing its soooo addictive
Agreed! It is the best of the 3 games - even my wife is addicted to it and she does not like video games!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthYoda
Its so addictive. think I will buy it next week as it out in the USA on the 14th I think.
Does the full Warioware have a multiplayer option and if so will a US verion work with a UK version or will it be like Metroid?
bob_builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 12:23   #65
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_builder
Agreed! It is the best of the 3 games - even my wife is addicted to it and she does not like video games!

Does the full Warioware have a multiplayer option and if so will a US verion work with a UK version or will it be like Metroid?
Not sure if it does have multiplayer but if it does it should work with the UK version.
Old 21-02-2005, 09:28   #66
TigaSefi
Inactive

TigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation era
Send a message via MSN to TigaSefi

i have so brought the US version of Wario Touched! it so amazing and it's on a demo. Apparently there lots more to do in the full version. my gf and her brother were up till 2am playing it and it lasted so far about 9 hours on a single charge....(sniggers at PSP "battery") I guess someone just hasn't got the kiddie in him. My gf is 38 and I am 30 and her brother is 41 I think heh.... I might even buy a second one too after trading in my GBA SP.
TigaSefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2005, 09:42   #67
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

I ordered the US Warioware which should be turning up this week. The demo is great but I could not wait to get the full game. Also bought Feel the magic which has some crazy games(such as shouting at the machine to get a girls attention, blowing at the screen to move a sail boat). Got Tiger woods golf as well which is ok but not great.
Old 21-02-2005, 09:51   #68
TigaSefi
Inactive

TigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation eraTigaSefi has entered a golden reputation era

Heh I think mainly the games that provide short burst of fun will suit the DS much better than let's say a full blown RPG or Metroid Prime game. I even thought that Mario 64 DS wasn't that good (mini games are class though).
Old 21-02-2005, 12:09   #69
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Wow !!!
Those pics of the DS look great.

Mini games in all games are great.... look at all of them there were in Super monkey ball on the Cube. Lots of fun.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2005, 13:01   #70
TigaSefi
Inactive

yeah super monkey ball with the stylus gonna work so well..... I hope they think of bringing it on the DS. I brought it to work, and everyone loved it.
Old 21-02-2005, 20:09   #71
Neil
Inactive

Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Lightbulb Re: Nintendo DS Released in UK on 11th March 2005

Good deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argos
Free Essentials kit when you pre-order this DS console.

Protective carry case.

Car power adapter.

Games cartridge storage case.

Safe lens shields.

3 Stylus.

Stereo earphones.

Wrist strap.

Soft cleaning cloth.
£24.99 if bought seperately.

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/st...clickfrom=name
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2005, 09:02   #72
TigaSefi
Inactive

It ok but no games bundles with it ? it a bit redundant ? Aren't there deals with games ? I haven't really looked since I already got one.
Old 22-02-2005, 09:39   #73
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

My full version of Warioware came this morning. It is fantastic. So much better than the demo. Some of the games are just mental.
Old 02-05-2005, 19:27   #74
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I read that the DS is compatible with gba games. Can it also play original GB carts?

I've only got a couple of these (xenon II and r-type 2) but it would be nice if I could play them on the DS when I get one.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 19:35   #75
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701
I read that the DS is compatible with gba games. Can it also play original GB carts?

I've only got a couple of these (xenon II and r-type 2) but it would be nice if I could play them on the DS when I get one.
It can only play the GBA games.

Have to say my DS does not get a lot of use now as I bought a PSP a few weeks ago, it is amazing compared to the DS, although I still think the DS is quite good as it is different.